Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:58:45 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Divine Intervention" John Waters/Peter Jackson « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Divine Intervention" John Waters/Peter Jackson  (Read 2294 times)
Trevor the Rat
« on: January 25, 2002, 06:31:59 PM »

i was watching meet the feebles the other day since i haven't seen it in a looong time and i just noticed something. Heidi the Hippo is like a mixture of the divine characters in john waters' films. here are some examples:

Female trouble: Dawn DavenPort does a show in a theater on stage ending with her going on a shooting spree in the audience, later serving time in a female prison. (don't need to explain that one)

Polyester: ultra depressed over dramatic francine fishpaw running around with bottles of booze in hand being treated like s**t by everyone in her life eventually makes a failed attempt to hang herself from the fridge (heidi trys to hang herself with elastic while drunk and is too treated like s**t by everybody.)

Multiple Maniacs: again divine goes on a rampage sending everybody running.

plus heidi is pretty much what divine would look like if he/she was a puppet hippo and meet the feebles was made a year after divines death.

now i doubt it was planned but i'm just stating my random thughts. what do you guys think.?
Funk, E.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2002, 03:14:15 PM »

An interesting thought and not entirely without merit. There's a review on Meet the Feebles where that character is compared to Miss Piggy that seems to hold more credence to me. If an off camera connection between Jackson and Waters could be established then I'd be more inclined to get behind your hypothesis, but since it's a muppet-esque movie I'm more likely to go with a muppets comparison.
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2002, 05:52:50 PM »

way to go! but you missed the point. the comparison between the feebles and the muppets is simple: they're both puppets. i'm talking about the character of heidi the hippo, or better yet the personality and actions compared to some of divine's characters played in john waters' movies. you pretty much brought up that miss piggy thing yourself which was in a newspaper review posted on a jackson site i saw when i was like twelve. the rest seems like a bucnh of hallowed out intelect bulls**t with a candy coating with no means but to confuse your average joe. now that i've made a second attempt to explain this do you understand now, lil lady?
popman
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2002, 09:57:48 AM »

Where in Meet The Feebles does heidi eats dog s**t ?
Funk, E.
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2002, 02:31:55 PM »

Damn! Unscrew! All I was saying is unless there's a legitamete reason to believe that Jackson was aware of Divine's work for Waters then there is no way to claim the character of Heidi was inspired by Divine. In the absence of facts you've pointed out nothing more that a coincidence. With out a good reason to connect the two it's nothing more than free association. I admitted that your idea did make some sense so what's with all the defensive swipes? Is that too intellectually hollow for you or would you like me to break that down into monosyllabic words for you?
Trevor the Rat
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2002, 02:41:09 PM »

no i understood it just fine i just find people who have to  rub in your face their extensive vocabulary as being pretty damn boring.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Divine Intervention" John Waters/Peter Jackson « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.