Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:19:18 AM
714336 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  June 2006 Proofreading Challenge « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: June 2006 Proofreading Challenge  (Read 5406 times)
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2006, 01:47:20 AM »

"The reason for this is made clear later, but it still does not make sense."
-The reason for what? The reason why they dump in plain sight? The reason why the drums are marked "radioactive"? The reason why Hank knows about The Floating Pig? What is "this"?

"The incongruity of the women's age spoils some of the effect, but mostly what does not work is the direction. There is something chilling about a crowd of gleeful innocents anticipating a surprise when the viewer knows that inexorable death is closing in."
-Uhh... What is it about the direction that doesn't work?

"If that is not creepy enough, seeing the two lovebirds drift around the party before coming together and gazing into each other's eyes will."
-I think you should've closed this sentence with "is" instead of "will", & I think it runs os just a teensie bit. (What's that word I'm looking for?)

"Sodium does exist as a liquid at over two hundred degrees Fahrenheit or at room temperature under extreme (one million atmospheres) pressure."
-Pardon my density, but I had to read this sentence a couple of times before I understood it.
Some possible revisions would be,
"Sodium can exist as a liquid at over two hundred degrees Fahrenheit, or at room temperature under extreme (one million atmospheres) pressure."
or
"Sodium can only exist as a liquid at over two hundred degrees Fahrenheit, or at room temperature under extreme (one million atmospheres) pressure."
or
"Sodium only exists as a liquid at over two hundred degrees Fahrenheit, or at room temperature under extreme (one million atmospheres) pressure."
or
"Sodium does exist as a liquid, but only at over two hundred degrees Fahrenheit, or at room temperature under extreme (one million atmospheres) pressure."
or even
"At over two hundred degrees Fahrenheit or at room temperature under extreme (one million atmospheres) pressure, does, as a liquid, exist sodium."

I couldn't seem to find any typos this time, but I'll keep looking.
Well, I'm finding this very enjoyable, but I wouldn't be too suprised if you're starting to regret this idea of bringing out all of us whiners & knitpickers and the like.

I hope you had a happy Father's Day

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2006, 10:49:28 PM »

Thank you to those who took this on.  Most of the corrections suggested were made and have been posted.

Lilcerberus was the name drawn from the small pool of submissions.  I am sending you an email to ask what DVD I can send your way.

The real goal had been to update some of the older reviews and it just did not happen.  Sometimes you try something and the reality is that you need to change your target or method.  In any case, Inyarear gave a good switching to my mistakes in "Crash and Burn."  I am going to offer up something there too, as thanks.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »

Andrew Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The real goal had been to update some of the older
> reviews and it just did not happen.  Sometimes you
> try something and the reality is that you need to
> change your target or method.  In any case,
> Inyarear gave a good switching to my mistakes in
> "Crash and Burn."  I am going to offer up
> something there too, as thanks.

You mean you wanted us to correct ALL of 'em?
Oh, boy; some of us whiners & knitpickers probably would've had a field day with that one... Or at least it would've been the perfect excuse to indulge in some other classic reading besides these *@&! phonebooks I've been meaning to throw out.

(Yeah, I was use 'em for a bunker, but my landlord wouldn't let me. He's already upset about the motorcycle.)

Speaking of old phonebooks, does everybody get them with these stupid ads for "Chaplin, Papa & Gonet" on the back? I liked it better when they used to have those "service district" maps on the back.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
BTM

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 01:43:40 PM »

Ahh man, I totally missed this, I'm usually good with proofreading (unless it's something I've written... ;)

"Some people mature, some just get older." -Andrew Vachss
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  June 2006 Proofreading Challenge « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.