Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:35:34 PM
714224 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the best movie you have seen so far this year? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What is the best movie you have seen so far this year?  (Read 3060 times)
tat2gurl
New Visitor

« on: June 05, 2006, 03:18:52 PM »

Hello! I was just wondering what is the best movie you have seen this year? I haven't seen too many that really got my attention. I did like King Kong though. It's just been awhile since I have seen a real good movie. Something that stands out from the rest. Nowadays everything is a fricking remake. Some movies are NOT meant to be remade.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 04:16:37 PM »

I have seen very few movies in the theater so far this year.  Not much out there that interests me.  However, my best DVD purchase this year is undoubtedly:

DOWNFALL

This is a German film about Hitler's final days.  It is a great piece of work.  Some people might not like it because it is in German with subtitles, but I thought it was excellent.

My most recent theatrical viewings have been two light pieces of escapist entertainment:  POSEIDON and MISSION IMPOSSIBLE III.  I plan to see X-MEN III soon, possibly THE DAVINCI CODE (after I finish reading the book), and maybe I'll take a chance on THE OMEN.  I hope something really good comes out soon or else this year may end up being worse than 2005 for theatrical releases.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 05:18:06 PM »

I haven't been to the cinema in several years, 'till a couple of months ago when my folks took me to see The World's Fastest Indian.

If you ride (or more particularly, if you've ever taken a spill while riding), if you've ever thrown together some kinda mongrel doohickey out of junk part & it worked, or if you've ever endured a major catastrophe, only to realize it's just a minor setback, then it's pretty easy to relate with Burt Munro's (Anthony Hopkins) attitude.

I understand it's supposed come out on dvd on June 13, and I'm really looking forward to it.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »

Best so far this year?

Hmm.....

I'm going to have to go with The Hills Have Eyes remake.  It's about the top of the pile so far this year.  Dark, gritty, gory and a tad better than the original.  If I'm not mistaken, it's coming to DVD soon.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2006, 05:37:05 AM »

Skaboi:

I agree, this is a very good movie.  They are actually releasing an UNRATED version on DVD.  I can't imagine it having even more gore than the theatrical version!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2006, 06:50:40 AM »

Seen in theatre, it has to be School of the Holy Beast. (seventies Japanese nunsploitation)

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2006, 02:02:03 PM »

For a new movie that I had never seen before?  Must be "The Curse of the Were-Rabbit."  I believe it was aimed at a younger audience, but it was very well made and a lot of fun.  Heck, it understood the setup for scenes in a horror movie better than quite a few films I have seen.

Mostly been catching DVD releases that I had not seen before, but that is a pretty broad section of films.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2006, 11:59:32 PM »

Believe it or not I've only been to two films at the theaters so far this year.

Da Vinci Code
Lucky Number Slevin

Both were good films.

Now I would very much like to view SCHOOL OF THE HOLY BEAST (1974). It's very very high on my list of films to view AlexB. Best Buy has it but they want $22.00 for it.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 05:23:49 PM »

Remake:  King Kong

Original:  V for Vendetta
Jim H

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 06:44:16 PM »

The director said what he cut on a link somewhere.  They're actually fairly minor things..  I think the rape had a tad more to it, one or two longer shots of gore.  He got a LOT in though, it was one of the harder Rs I've seen.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 01:53:25 PM »

Actually, I need to add UNITED 93 to my list.  That is a very good movie, but probably tough for some people to watch.

Fearless Freep

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 08:34:39 PM »

Probablt "Below" or maybe even "Slipstream"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 09:13:48 AM »

Cars.  This is the new Pixar movie. Saw it last night at the drive-in. Fantastic movie.  Completely inappropriate for this site.  But definately the best movie I have seen so far this year.

I don't count King Kong because I saw it last year.

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What is the best movie you have seen so far this year? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.