Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:58:07 PM
714369 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: this might be an odd request « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: OT: this might be an odd request  (Read 5972 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 20, 2006, 08:50:55 PM »

I'm writing a story and I want some honest answers as to what you'd do in this situation:

You've killed a man, no question about it.  He's dead.  More than a year passes.  Suddenly, one day, the man you killed appears before you (as in he literally just appears out of thin air in front of you) none the worse for wear and says, "I'm here to take you to hell."

How would you react to that?

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:45:02 PM »

I think I'd need some private time to do some laundry.  Truthfully.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2006, 11:21:47 PM »

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT?????

Heh heh, actually it is a neat idea, as long as the guy doesn't really look dead/decayed/demonic/damaged.  Maybe just a subtle hint as to supernaturality.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 03:08:27 AM »

Run.
nshumate
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 07:37:42 AM »

I I second that answer: "Run."  All you know at this point is that something extra freaky is going on, and you're not going to stand around to figure it out.

Nathan Shumate
Cold Fusion Video Reviews
Sci-fi, Horror, and General Whoopass
dean

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »

Run is the logical answer, but when something like this happens, logic kinda goes out the window!

I guess it all depends on the manner of death: was it a cold-blooded murder type situation, or, say, someone you hit in your car accidentally.

I'd react differently to the situations in that case!  If it was the car-type situation I'd be overcome with guilt and would try to get forgiveness from them.  If it was the murder, I'd be pretty suprised and be really really angry!  But yeah, depends on the situation really!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 02:58:32 PM »

I'm going with Ulthar on this one.  My initial reaction would be total loss of bladder control, especially if I knew for absolute certain that he was dead.  And did not have a twin.

After the initial shock, I think I would start looking for answers that were not supernatural.  Twin.  Make-up.  The normal, rational mind does not immediately assume a supernatural solution unless the person is highly superstitcious....
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2006, 12:39:32 PM »

Probably stunned silence for me. A horrified gaze, pounding heart, stomach in a knot. Once I composed myself (assuming I had a moment to do so), I'd probably try to get away, but I wouldn't turn my back on him or let him out of my sight for an instant.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2006, 12:56:36 PM »

My response: Are you Wes Craven? Goddamit, stop with the "he's back from hell with a few days to kill" crap! I'm giving you 60 seconds to get out of here while I go for my baseball bat!!

(that felt rather theraputic, thanks!)
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2006, 02:16:38 PM »

You know, it seems that something like that would just cause open-mouthed stupefication.  
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »

Well...I think I would run like hell...and go get REAL drunk and hope I was going insane...or pray real hard.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2006, 04:20:32 PM »

RCMerchant Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well...I think I would run like hell...and go get
> REAL drunk and hope I was going insane...or pray
> real hard.

Good call... booze is good solution for everything. Got a hard test coming up? Get wasted! On the lam? Throw back a few brews. You owe the mob money? Spend what little you have on as much liquor as you can carry- it'll come in handy numbing the pain of a broken knee cap or thumb. Booze!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2006, 01:09:53 AM »

I've been pondering this question for the past day or so, considering certain technicalities & circumstances, such as how & why did I kill this guy, how did I behave afterwards, and whether or not I somehow, either morally or philosoficly etc., saw this coming.

The only conclusion I've been able to reach so far is this rather silly yet morbid song by They Might Be Giants.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Phantom 187
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2006, 02:11:28 AM »

#1 they wouldn't have seen my face when I did it. It was just known that thew killer was at a certain address.

#2 in the next scene the guy would jump out of a portal and look at the audience and say those words, "you're coming with me to hell" where then the camera would turn to the left I would grab the zombie looking man and I would say but first you gotta eat this while I show you around my house.

#3 I would then break into a musical where I sing about the food and house where I live leaving the Zombie man in bewilderment
Phantom 187
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2006, 02:11:31 AM »

#1 they wouldn't have seen my face when I did it. It was just known that thew killer was at a certain address.

#2 in the next scene the guy would jump out of a portal and look at the audience and say those words, "you're coming with me to hell" where then the camera would turn to the left I would grab the zombie looking man and I would say but first you gotta eat this while I show you around my house.

#3 I would then break into a musical where I sing about the food and house where I live leaving the Zombie man in bewilderment
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: this might be an odd request « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.