Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:48:11 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses (again) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: House of 1000 Corpses (again)  (Read 6048 times)
Josh Leman
« on: March 21, 2001, 06:59:46 PM »

Some of you may remember a discussion a while ago on this message board about Rob Zombie's new horror film House of 1000 Corpses.  Universal Studios claimed they wouldn't release the movie because any acceptable version would get an NC-17 rating.

I'm bringing this up again because windowsmedia.com has the movie listed for release on June 8th.  They also have a trailer for download, and it begins with the Universal Studios logo.  

Does anyone know what the deal is?  Did Universal bully the ratings board into giving the movie an R, or is it some kind of mistake at windowsmedia.com, or what?
Dan
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2001, 11:49:58 PM »

Has anyone ever seen a movie called the rollerblade seven? I saw like the second half of it on bravo sometime around new years and it was easily the worst (best??) movie I have ever seen. I have searched and searched video stores to rent it and prove to my friends that it was real but I can't find it anywhere. The fighting scenes were ridiculous, several of the characters had mullets and wore oakley razorblade ripoffs and it lacked anything even close to a plot. And on top of all this, they were wearing rollerblades through almost the entire movie. But if I could find a place that sells this movie I would love to know about it
Brian Ringler
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2001, 12:45:24 AM »

I couldn't find it at any retailers, but I did check ebay and a copy of it is up for auction.  It ends in ten hours.  Here's the url, there's no bids, starting bid of $4.99.  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewItem&item=1417003964

Hope that helps and hope that is the right info
orin
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2001, 01:05:02 AM »

Hey, it got dumped by Universal, and right now it is seeking distribution in the United States, they still have a June 8th release date but that will most likely change, It does have an NC-17 rating and it will not be changed that is why Universal dumped it.  Rob Zombie promised a r rating and he didn't come through so they dumped...the trailer has Universal in the begining because the trailer was already released before it got the rating of NC-17 since then the trailer has been pulled.  It was original slated for a January 2001 rating, some like Artison or someone will pick it up and it will be realeased before the end of 2002
Mofo Rising
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2001, 02:31:47 AM »

Why the NC-17?  Does anybody actually know the specifics of content as to what would cause the MPAA to rate it this way.  I realize that the MPAA has no leniency on low-budget pictures.  (Funny that, I always thought they were impartial. . .)  But what exactly is so bad about the movie?

I guess they could always release it unrated on video, but I don't think anyone wants to see that.
Nathan
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2001, 01:49:09 PM »

My understanding is not that Rob didn't or couldn't deliver the R-rating -- his initial cut was in the NC-17 range, and it was the studio execs who couldn't see how to cut it down and make it successful.  But Rob was willing to go for it.

All filtered down from second-hand sources, of course.

Nathan
Abby
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2001, 02:54:27 PM »

I read this at Diabolical Dominion yesterday:

Chicks and splatter flix don't mix?

I found some official-type press releases in Dogpile after I read that article.

Speaking of DD, what's this about legal issues? I know they were dumped by UGO, but has anyone heard about any other problems they might be having? They mention something on the homepage about it.
Scott Davis
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2001, 04:14:39 PM »

DD wants to terminate thier deal with UGO and hook up with someone else, but theres a clause in the UGO contract that forbides them  to do that.

Their contract with UGO hasn't expired yet, so until it does they won't update their site tp DDV.4
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  House of 1000 Corpses (again) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.