Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 07:13:20 AM
714255 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My film project « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My film project  (Read 1114 times)
wizard of gore
New Visitor

« on: June 25, 2006, 01:55:11 PM »

Hi all. I'd like make a short gore film in the vein of HG Lewis or Frank Henenlotter this summer. But to be honest, I have no ideas for a story. I can run with any idea and I'm mostly focused on the gory kills and splatstick humor. If anyone wouldn't mind helping us out with a cheesy plotline for our short film, I'd appreciate it. I looked to my fellow b-movie fans when faced with this problem
2xSlick
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2006, 01:01:26 PM »

How about a buddy-cop flick turned revenge story?
The hero's partner is killed in the opening credits. When his phone rings next to his bed, he grabs his Glock by mistake.
"Hello?" *Bang*
There's your title :)

The guy's partner then swears to avenge his death by killing those responsible: gun manufacturers.

For the rest of the short, he goes around killing the CEOs of Death Inc. who have side jobs like dentist, pimp, and pizza delivery boy. Since he is at war against guns, he has to dispatch everyone using the items from his police desk: his badge, a stapler, a pen. Hmm, those are all impalement deaths. Have him cut a guy in half by slaming his trunk down on his stomach.

Must have a love interest named Miranda.

Also need a POV shot over the shoulder of one of the CEOs firing a hand gun at the hero. Be sure that it is completely obvious that the gun is aimed DIRECTLY at the hero but he is never hit.

How's that for starters? I could do a creature feature or something if you have a spare constume or whatnot. Be easier if I knew what effects you can pull off. And yes, I did get the idea from that guy from the Darwin Awards.

http://www.youtube.com/user/2xslickvs -For the worst in video game and movie reviews, mostly dealing with zombies.
wizard of gore
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2006, 07:25:51 PM »

that's hilarious, man. thanks for suggesting. we're capable  of pulling off any cheap make-up fx but we'll go overboard for the gore fx. we just want to do the splatstick comedy thing because it'll be the most fun and rewarding. plus we want to use any possible films in our portfolios to film schools. sounds crazy, entering a homemade gore movie? i've known people who got scholarships for odder choices. i like your idea alot but i'm trying to go for a 60s drive-in campy-gore-feel like "I drink your blood" or HG Lewis' films. Again I appreciate you responding!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My film project « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.