Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:44:29 AM
713384 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT:Just Curious.. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: OT:Just Curious..  (Read 5070 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2006, 10:49:29 AM »

I think I'm gonna try and get in touch with Brother Ragnarok.
Maybe I can lure him back here.

Brother R. is unlike any person I've ever met.
He has a unique style when it comes to viewing the world and the people who live in it.
I've said it before...if you really want to get to know someone...take a road trip with them.
I let him drive my car and we talked nonstop the entire time about everything you can think of from B-movies to girlfriends to books we've read and our upbringing in Iowa.
You name it...we talked about it.

As for that road trip to Wisconsin, on the way back here to Iowa we both decided to create this thread.

His wife Melanie is on my Yahoo Messenger friend list.
I'll contact her next time I see her on and get her to put Brother R. on so I can convince him to get his ass back on here.

He still has a pair of my shoes that I forgot in his & Brother Ferox's dorm room back in 2003.
I doubt if they'd even fit me now.
I remember that we watched The Ice Pirates and he hated it.
LOL!
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2006, 09:27:46 PM »

How could he hate Ice Pirates?  It's a work of art!
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2006, 01:15:19 AM »

Skaboi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not too many people in the NC area other than
> Scottie and Ulthar down in SC.  Looks like
> LilCerberus is in the Richmond area of VA.  I'm
> going to be heading that way in a couple of weeks.
>  Might need to get up with him about that.

I'd better git all that crap off my sofa... & my coffee table... & my living room chairs... Oh! And I'll need to git this washing machine outa' my living room... & clear a path from my front door too, uh... the inside of my place. Maybe I'll just pull out those folding dining room chairs that my mom gave me... if I can find 'em in this mess. I know somewhere around here, I've got a busted clutch cable for a  bike I don't evven have anymore.

I checked out the frappr, & there's only one other guy in VA, & he didn't create a profile, so I have no idea who he is. Then again, he lives in Frederiksburg. I'm not quite sure if Frederiksburg counts as northern VA, but it's north of Richmond, and well, there a few very distinct social & cultural differences between them Northern Virginians & we Central Virginians.

Here localy, there's a couple of guys in my twelve step groups who seem to share the same interests as me, but I haven't really been able to develope a rapport with either of them.

Lately, I've been giving serious thought to starting a support group for bad movie fans & uneducated computer geeks.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2006, 02:50:56 AM »

BTW where are you guys from? I'm from Belgium

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2006, 08:05:51 AM »

Nex time I'm in Melbourne without wife and son in tow, I intend to find Dean, and at least have a chat....  I'll be there next week, but my entourage don't share my love of crap, so no can do then (assuming Dean would even be willing, at least)....

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
loyal1
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2006, 09:41:21 AM »

I put it in my calendar...2010, Empire State building New Year's Eve...or maybe it should be a little cheesier like on Hallow's Eve...haha
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 11:45:57 AM »

Maybe in a past life...I recall one of you guys kidnapping my wife and enclosing her in a glass coffin,then marrying my daughter...oh...wait a minute...that was Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi....

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
loyal1
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 09:29:26 AM »

From what I have seen on frapper NO ONE lives in Florida!  I used to live in Boston (south shore) and miss the northener ways...but at least the majority of the people I work with are from NY.  Gives me a slice of home...kinda.  At least the Yankee Red Sox rivary is still alive...lol.  Makes me laugh really.
Menard
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 01:21:13 PM »

Judging from all the remorse that everyone has at not having met anyone on the board, let me ask a more cheerful question.

A show of hands now.

How many never want to meet me in person?

I said hands...., not fingers. (:
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 02:47:28 PM »

RCMerchant Wrote:
> Maybe in a past life...I recall one of you guys
> kidnapping my wife and enclosing her in a glass
> coffin,then marrying my daughter...oh...wait a
> minute...that was Boris Karloff and Bela
> Lugosi....

I keep forgetting that this is out on DVD.  I must get it.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 04:35:15 PM »

Hey Phamboti, uh I mean Menard, about time you showed up around here! I don't like it much when people drop out of site. I hope you're back for a while.

I have never personally met anyone from the board, but if anyone is ever cruising down toward Dallas on I-30 let me know you're coming. I only live about a mile off the Interstate and I'd be glad to meet up with ya.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
dean

« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 12:10:37 PM »

Rombles Wrote:
> Nex time I'm in Melbourne without wife and son in
> tow, I intend to find Dean, and at least have a
> chat....  I'll be there next week, but my
> entourage don't share my love of crap, so no can
> do then (assuming Dean would even be willing, at
> least)....

Sure thing, by all means!  I'm even thinking of a bad movie care package just to make it worthwhile [though maybe that's just a little too crazy...]  

But yeah, while you're in town with the family, I'd suggest a place to have a look at would be ACMI cinemas at Federation Square in the city and check out whatever exhibition they have on [not sure what it is at the moment but they're usually quite good] That's if you're doing the sightseeing type thing.  

www.acmi.com.au

But be warned, it's bloody cold and wet here at the moment, though from memory you're from Adelaide, so it shouldn't be too much different I imagine...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Neon Noodle
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2006, 08:02:15 AM »

>>>I'd better git all that crap off my sofa... & my coffee table... & my living room chairs... Oh! And I'll need to git this washing machine outa' my living room... & clear a path from my front door too, uh... the inside of my place. Maybe I'll just pull out those folding dining room chairs that my mom gave me... if I can find 'em in this mess. I know somewhere around here, I've got a busted clutch cable for a bike I don't evven have anymore.

>>>I checked out the frappr, & there's only one other guy in VA, & he didn't create a profile, so I have no idea who he is. Then again, he lives in Frederiksburg. I'm not quite sure if Frederiksburg counts as northern VA, but it's north of Richmond, and well, there a few very distinct social & cultural differences between them Northern Virginians & we Central Virginians.

Yep - I'm a Central Virginian myself, but Fredericksburg is right on that delicate border.
I haven't met anyone else on the board 'cause Noodles can't drive cars. I'll have to learn.

In the night, the skull came to his dreams and said, 'You are a fool to rejoice in the entanglements of life.'
Chuang Tzu couldn`t believe this and asked, 'If I could return you to your life, you would want that, wouldn`t you?'
Stunned by Chuang Tzu`s foolishness, the skull replied, 'How do you know that it is bad to be dead?'

-From The Matrix: The Path of Neo
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT:Just Curious.. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.