Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:25:46 PM
713375 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wicker Man question « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wicker Man question  (Read 3010 times)
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« on: July 07, 2006, 08:09:35 PM »

So, the sudden realization that the Nicolas Cage remake of the Wicker Man has turned out to be more than a rumor has given me a powerful thirst to see the original version again. The only problem: after much frantic searching in the past 24 hours, I've only been able to find the American cut. Is it worth it, or should I hold out a couple days and pay the extra money for the box set on eBay?

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 08:30:52 PM »

They're. Remaking. Wicker. Man. With. Nicolas. Cage?!?!?!?!?
{has heart attack}

. . .

{recovers}

I don't know which version I saw.  Lots of naked bits.  I'd hold out for the box set.  Unless they want an unreasonable amount of money.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2006, 08:32:01 PM »

Yea, you should see the original uncut. I don't like remakes of good films, but THE WICKER MAN could work out as a remake. I think the story has much to tell.

peter johnson

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:27:17 AM »

I saw it on the Big Screen during its initial American run, and have since seen the Hammer video, but don't know how edited what I've seen is --
What I saw, I enjoyed very much, so I'd say that the generally available versions -- be they "American" or not -- are really quite good, so no, I wouldn't necessarily wait for a special set.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 12:44:17 PM »

Yes indeed, the remake is in the can and will be released Sept. 1.

The Wicker Man trailer

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Neville

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 06:06:51 AM »

Read the IMDB profile of the movie, check the "Alternate versions" section and get the version that has more footage.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 10:27:26 AM »

So, I'm assuming this new Wicker Man will have a different ending, seeing as the original twist ending is already well known.

This is a special movie for my family because it's where we got my daughter's name, Rowan. The funny thing is that my wife liked the name and gradually convinced me. I joked that we could tell people she was named after the kid in The Wicker Man. However, when Rowan was a few months old, my wife tried to think of where she had come up with the name in the first place. After much thought, we concluded that Rowan really is named after the kid in The Wicker Man.

Now she's pushing Tegan as a name for a future daughter, and it occurs to me that we watched The Five Doctors a couple of months ago.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2006, 12:40:07 PM »

Try to get a copy of the Limted Edition Wooden Boxed set of THE WICKER MAN.  You can still find them online and in some stores.  It contains both versions of the film.  The longer cut merely includes a few more scenes at the beginning and re-edits some of the continuity.  Both versions are very good.  The main negative with the longer cut is that some of the footage is from sub-par sources.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wicker Man question « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.