Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:56:39 PM
714250 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  70's Sid Krofft Shows (and other 70's items) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 70's Sid Krofft Shows (and other 70's items)  (Read 3167 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: July 07, 2006, 09:28:59 PM »

Well.....I grew up in the 70's watching Saturday Morning network TV and these Sid Krofft Shows are the ones I use to watch. Check out these groovy tunes. They don't make TV like this anymore.

KROFFT SUPERSHOW Small | Large

DR. SHRINKER Small | Large

THE BUGALOOS Small | Large

H. R. PUFFINSTUFF Small | Large

LAND OF THE LOST Small | Large

SHAZAM Small | Large

BIGFOOT AND WILDBOY Small | Large

SIGMUND AND THE SEAMONSTERS Small | Large

ISIS (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

From the GONG SHOW

THE GONG SHOW (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The Unknown Comic (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Juggler (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The Burper (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Gene Gene The Dancing Machine (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

More of Gene Gene The Dancing Machine (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Chuck Barris (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

A Few More from the 70's

Space 1999 (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

ABBA (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

KISS (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Superstar Billy Graham (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 08:03:35 AM »

Ah, yes . . . special effects, acting, and theme songs don't get any worse.  I remember these Saturday morning shows very well!  (Life was much simpler in those days).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 12:36:59 PM »

Sid and Marty Krofft must have been using LSD trips as inspiration for some of their stuff (especially H. R. Pufnstuf).

I loved the Gong Show. My favorite act was a girl in a bikini laying on a surf board with her boyfriend playing her butt cheeks like bongos to that old surfer sone Wipeout.

I was just out of the Navy and taking Indrustrial Electronics at the local vo-tech school and I used to got home for lunch everyday and watch the Gong Show with my mom.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 12:39:00 PM »

Dam! Flashback city,man! Remember the BANANA SPLITS? "1 banana, two bananas, 3 bananas,four...!" Another 70's flashback;the Freedom Train, during the bi-centienial. Me and the neighbor girl went on a tour of it when it went through in Kalamazoo,Mich. The thing I remember the most was Charlie Chaplins hat and cane and the neighbor girls big boobs.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LH-C
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 10:38:10 PM »

Despite being born quite late into the '70s (January '76 to be exact), I remember a ton of late '70s stuff. Especially TV shows. Speaking of the Krofft brothers, remember when Krofft Super Show morphed into The Bay City Rollers Show? Because of that Bay City Rollers were the first music group I was into.

Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2006, 12:05:32 PM »

> H. R. PUFFINSTUFF

This one scared me silly. I'd bawl everytime my siblings tried to watch it.  (I was born in 1970.)

> LAND OF THE LOST
>
> SHAZAM
>
> ISIS

I was especially fond of these three.  I have the complete LAND OF THE LOST on DVD now, but I haven't seen SHAZAM or ISIS since the 70s.  It was fun nostalgia to revisit those intros.  I'd spring for either series if it came out on DVD.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2006, 12:28:02 PM »

Of course, H.R. Puf'n'stuf was a big hit with the hippie / drug crowd in those days.  Talking mushrooms, smoking trees, psychedelic colors, a magic flute, etc.  Great stuff to watch on a Saturday morning after a big Friday night of drug abuse.  And many scholars of Sid & Marty Krofft lore claim that the name "Puf'n'stuf" itself is derived from "Puffing Stuff" or smoking marijuana and other controlled substances.  And you all thought it was just a dumb kid's show . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2006, 11:21:57 PM »

Ah, remember THE BAY CITY ROLLERS. Didn't know they did a TV show.

When I watched H.R. Puffnstuf I was about 5 or 6 and never even heard of drugs till I was about 13 or 14, so watching the show the connection was fortunately never there.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »

I'm with Scott.   It was just vaguely-scary TV shows.  I really like Land of the Lost, the sleestaks were just scary, but strangely enough, not as scary as the proto humans.  

I don't recall much of the Puffnstff and Sigmund shows.  I did get up really early to catch the Banana Splits re-runs.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2006, 08:48:13 PM »

I read somewhere that the Ramones started they're HEY-HO LETS GO - because they wanted to be like the next BCR cuz they had S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y  thing going. More  70's memories: Bubs Daddy Gum-big ass ropes of gum...if you stuck enuff in yer mouth you would end up with psychadelic slobber rolling down yer chin. Castle of Frankenstien mag- Hippie/monsster mag. Circus and  CREEM..I could read up on  my favorite bands...like Led ZEP and Alice Cooper and Ted Nugent (I'M from Michigan)....Strech Armstrong....Remco Planet of the Apes toys....FM, Creepy, and the real weird Voodo Tales...gee I could go on forever.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »

Scott, Scott, Scott. Didn't anybody warn you, that watching all that S & M Krofft, when you were a kid would burn out most of your brain synapses, so that when you became an adult,  you would find  a job as a messageboard moderator. And a fine one you are, too.
Scott

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2006, 07:57:47 PM »

The only cartoons that I would watch on Saturday Mornings were SCOOBY DOO and JOSIE AND THE p***yCATS. Never liked cartoons really, but I did enjoy Sid Krofft productions.

By the way has anyone else had KROFFT SUPERSHOW theme song stuck in their heads for the last week.

And about the theme song to DR. SHRINKER....it kind of songs like a pre-Ozzy Osbourne tune. I think he borrowed it from Krofft. : )

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  70's Sid Krofft Shows (and other 70's items) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.