Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:57:46 AM
714146 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need some help from those that know good/bad film... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Need some help from those that know good/bad film...  (Read 6294 times)
loyal1
« on: July 13, 2006, 04:55:52 PM »

I just opened a netflix account and here is my list that I came up with so far.Anyone have any favs or must sees they would like to help me add to the list?

Appreciate your help!

Leila

The Wickerman
Strait Jacket
Annie Hall (No I have actually never seen it!)
Session 9
Shattered
Dead Ringers
Dead Ringer
North by Northwest (I can't believe I have not seen this yet either! For shame)
The Hills Have Eyes (original)
Seven Samuri

That's all for now...
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2006, 08:16:08 PM »

All depends on what you are looking for.

Horror, comedy, b-movies, drama, etc?

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
loyal1
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2006, 08:44:53 PM »

Sorry I didn't make that clear...but I don't care really for I appreciate many genres of all ages.  I came here because most here have favorite's that aren't the main stream.  So I guess I would like your opinion on your "must sees".

Thanks!

Leila
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2006, 08:49:59 PM »

Being this is Bad Movies. . org....BRIDE of the MONSTER with Tor johnson and Bela Lugosi...(boy, this is hard) uhhhhh....hmmmm... ASTRO ZOMBIES...uhhh....ZOMBIE- by Lucio Fulci-? I'm sure others can give you better ideas, But you would LOVE these  all over again,if you have seen them before.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 09:47:45 PM »

Must sees eh?

Session 9 would be my highest recommendation, which I see you already have in the list.

The Dead Next Door
Cannibal! The Musical
Running Scared
Dead and Breakfast
Night Watch
Phenomena
Wild Zero
American Astronaut
Let Sleeping Corpses Lie
Anatomy
The Prowler
Dead And Buried
Intruder
Delicatessen
Basket Case
Sleepaway Camp
The Sentinel
Suspiria
New York Ripper
The Ugly
Three...Extremes
Oldboy
Fudoh: The Next Generation
Ichi The Killer

That should be enough to keep you busy for a while.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
loyal1
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 09:53:59 PM »

Thanks for the list...I've seen about 5 or 6 on there but I will search on the others.  I have picked out one that really intrigues me and that is Cannibal! The Musical...sounds deliciously sensational!
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2006, 10:06:26 PM »

loyal1,

Yep, Cannibal is quite good.  My favorite thing that Trey Parker and Matt Stone have ever done.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2006, 10:16:41 PM »

OK. Now I'll get serious. NOSFERATU(1922).DR.STRANGELOVE.The BRAIN that WOULDN'T DIE. MARTIN. WHITE ZOMBIE,withBela Lugosi. VAMPRYE,(1932).Fritz Lang's M or METROPOLIS,or better yet, his DR. MABUSE series. ALPHAVILLE. DEATH RACE 2000,(SERIOUSLY,its GREAT!), BONNIE and CLYDE,LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT, a mexican horror film, Al  Adamson's films. the doc MANSON. I could go on  and on, but I have very eclectic tastes.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
loyal1
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2006, 10:25:55 PM »

I like ecclectic taste and I have seen all of those except VAMPRYE,(1932).Fritz Lang's M or METROPOLIS,or better yet, his DR. MABUSE series. ALPHAVILLE. DEATH RACE 2000

Dr. Strangelove I own and one of my all time favs.  Also Last House on the Left I saw about 5 years ago for the first time and it reminded me a bit of that movie I Spit on Your Grave which I saw at the age of 12!  Throw in some Rocky Horror at the same age and you got one rocked little mind...lol...well for a girl at least. ;)
At that point I've seen movies like King Kong, Godzilla, The Blob, The Shrew, Sinbad...my step father was into that stuff so we bonded most Sundays, along with some Three Stooges shows and movies.  Abbot and Costello was big too in my house.  All those old greats...but when you move onto I Spit on Your Grave, I mean I didn't know stuff like that even existed at the time!

I will check out the others I haven't seen.  Thanks!

Leila
loyal1
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2006, 11:54:07 PM »

The only 2 they didn't have on your list were Fudoh and The New York Ripper.  One that I read about that I am looking forward to is Oldboy  I think the other on the top was Dead and Buried.  Pretty good list and looks like some 80's/90's goodies I never really heard of.  Thanks again
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 12:04:59 AM »

How Green is My Valley
The Quiet Man
Hatari
The Guns of Navarone
The Big Country
The Englishman Who went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain
The Secret of Roan Inish
Rio Bravo
Yojimbo (and then A Fist Full Of Dollars)
The Court Jester
Arsenic and Old Lace
Fly Away Home
Name of the Rose
Legend
Labyrinth
K-Pax
Princess Bride
Star Wars (The first trilogy)
Silence of the Lambs
The Blair Witch Project  (at night, alone in a dark house with no familiar noises ie traffic)
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
Scaramouche
Ladyhawke
What Dreams May Come
Good Morning Vietnam
Patch Adams
Undercover Blues
The Last Samurai  (best love scene I've seen in a long time and the clothes were going on!)
Gunga Din
Stairway to Heaven
Spanish Judges
Flight of the Pheonix (original)
It's a Wonderful Life
Pass The Ammo
Boondock Saints

Many others on my must see list have been mentioned already.  Most of those listed here are personal favorites while others are just damned good movies.  I'm sure I am damning hundreds of movies with faint praise by leaving them off this list.  But I types these as they came to me and stopped at an arbitrary point rather than giving a specific number.  I could go on but I don't feel the need to inflict my opinion on you any further than I already have.
dean

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 04:11:39 AM »

Oldboy definitely is a good one, as is Death Race 2000 [sooooo stupidly fun...]

Other partial suggestions off the top of my head:

Battle Royale 1 [because attaching school kids to explosives and making them kill each other makes for great viewing]  

Battle Royale 2 is ok, but struggles to live up to the fun that was the first one, so it's not a must-see.

Shadow of a Vampire [for something a little more classy than the above title, especially if you were a fan of the original Nosferatu]

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas [Because everyone needs to watch out for the bats]

Anything by David Lynch or David Cronenberg.  Especially Blue Velvet, Eraserhead, Videodrome or Naked Lunch.  Just because insane is good.

Breakin' 1 and 2: Electric Boogaloo are tacky to the pop-locking extreme, but lots of fun if you're into stupidly 80s musicals.

Not too obscure a list, I know, but some fun ones that I usually keep on standby for re-watching on occasion.  More to come when I have more time to squat and think!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Mr_Vindictive

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 08:01:44 AM »

Whoops.  Made a mistake on the Fudoh title.  It's actually Fudoh: The New Generation.  I rented it from Netflix a while back, and it's a blast - especially if you like Takashi Miike's films.  It's gonzo, over the top and violent like most of his films.

Oldboy is an amazing film, probably my favorite film from the past few years.  The copy that Netflix carries is the great Tartan Asia Extreme disc that was released last year.  If you do rent it, make sure to post a review.  I love to read about people's reactions to that film.

Dead and Buried is a lost gem from the 80s.  It was written by Dan O'Bannon who wrote Alien and wrote/directed Return Of The Living Dead.  It's a bit of a slower horror film, and quite dreamlike, but the ending is fantastic.

loyal1
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 09:12:43 AM »

Yeah I put those two towards the top of my list.  The Wickerman ships today.  It's a movie I haven't been able to find in the video stores around here.  Although there was one in the town I just moved from...a mom and pop store that had some great ones on VHS.  I was like a kid in a candy store.  The owner...she was missing a few teeth and a little odd but she sure knew her movies..lol.

You know what I find strange is that Netflix does not have a copy of The China Syndrome or The Butcher Boy...2 others I've wanted to see, but they did have Dali's 17 minute movie (Un Chein A-something) and Joan Crawford's Strait Jacket. Maybe I can see not having Butcher Boy, but The China Syndrome?  Wasn't that a big success back in the day?
loyal1
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 09:14:22 AM »

Breakin 1 and Electric Boogaloo..how awesome is that? lol.  I forgot about those movies..and how about Beat Street?
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Need some help from those that know good/bad film... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.