Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:20:51 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horror Triple Feature « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Horror Triple Feature  (Read 1002 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: July 25, 2006, 02:56:34 PM »

I got these three on a single DVD called Serial Chillers by Vintage Video for $2.99 at Kmart.

Fury of the Wolfman (1972) - It's Paul "I'm obsessed with making bad werewolf movies" Nacshy in a real borefest of a movie. The werewolf only appears for about ten minutes total and a lot of that time  is taken up leisurely strolling to his next victim.

Most of the plot is about Dr. Elmann trying to continue her father's (Dr. Wolfstein) mind control experiments.

I learned one thing, if you want to get werewolf all worked up chain him to wall, put on that evening gown, and lay the bullwhip to him.

Dr. Blood's Coffin (1961) - Peter Blood gets the boot from a Vienna Medical School for trying to experiment on humans. Right before he makes his appearance back in the Welsh village where he grew up some the residents have mysteriously vanished. Hmmm?

Most of the tension is brought about by Peter trying not to get caught. He does manage to make good on his experiments by ressurecting his girlfriend's long dead husband. Boy, talk about an ungrateful couple!

The Brainiac(1962) - It's 1661 and Baron Vitelius is being trotured by the Spanish Inquistion for Necromancy, seducing married women, and mayhem. The Inquisitors become angry at the Baron's attitude towards being tortured (he laughs in their faces!) so they burn him at the stake.

At his roasting a comet appears in the sky and the good Baron promises to return with the comet in 300 years and take his revenge on the Inquisitors descendants.

Flash to 1961 a young couple who happen to be astronomers rush to the observatory to catch a siting of the comet. They get a glimpse and then see a flash (or should I say a sparkler), so they hop in the car to see what happened.

Okay, at the site of the comet coming down I actually laughed out loud, it looked like something from a Three Stooges short. Then we see the Baron's true form, a devilish head, pincers instead of hands, and a big forked tongue for sucking people's brains out.

The coroner at one death scene says it looked like a powerdrill made the holes.

One question I have is, were the brains the Baron kept in the big bowl the brains he'd sucked out or did they belong to another type of victim? Yeah, when the Baron gets a tummy ache a big spoonful of brains hits the spot.

I learned one thing from this movie, to hypnotize women all you need is an arched eyebrow and someone to flash a strobe light in your face.

This one is pretty funny.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 06:55:36 PM »

Holy Horror Triple Feature indeed, Batman!

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 07:55:37 PM »

Fury of the Wolfman (1972) - Not one of his better films, but still you have to like the Wolfman. No matter what.

Dr. Blood's Coffin (1961) - This is a terrible boring film. There is absolutely no reason to view this film. What a waste to a neat film title.

The Brainiac(1962) - Not one of the better Mexican horror films, but not bad either. How about that ending monster.

Both Fury of the Wolfman and The Braniac are worth a look if you get the chance. Forget Dr. Bloods Coffin.

Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 07:26:33 PM »

I tried watching Dr. Blood's Coffin once on late night tv and found myself falling alseep. It was supposed to be tense, but it didn't imress me at all.

The Brainiac is a bit darker than I had expected- some of the deaths the baron causes in the name of revenge are pretty nasty (the one with a furnace or something comes to mind). This is one of a small handful of movies I have to thank the briefly running "Real Wild Cinema" for introducing me to... that and The Magic Serpent. Best MST3K moment of Brainiac: the scene where the couple are looking for the crashed meteor, the baron appraoches, and the male lead just zones out for like a minute and a half! Then, after staring at the baron for all that time, he says "Oh, sir, did you see that comet come down" (or something like that... I have never laughed at awkward silence so hard in my life). Odd & cheaply made, but kind of fun- in a fake mask sort of way. I have to remember to act like the baron if I'm ever put to death ala Inquisiton style.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 08:29:51 AM »

I always have enjoyed Naschy's werewolf movies,but this was one of my least favorites.Dr.Bloods Coffin was indeed dull.(Although the corpse looks kinda cool).Brainiac is a real mind blower! I LOVE this movie! )OT- I won't be around for awhile (I can picture everyone high-fiving here) as it will take awhile for us to get our Comcast hooked up in the farm house.It's been lots of fun! Thanks,everyone!

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horror Triple Feature « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.