Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:12:33 AM
714260 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7737 Members
Latest Member: NannieHime
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3:10 to Yuma remake casting « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 3:10 to Yuma remake casting  (Read 1693 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 04, 2006, 07:46:22 AM »

Russell Crowe has been cast in the Glenn Ford part in this remake of the 1957 western. Christian Bale is in negotiations to play Van Heflin's part.

This may be good, the original is. It has it's share of gun play but the real story is the battle of wills between the outlaw and the small time rancher.

Here's a little review I did for the original.

http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?2,80241,80241#msg-80241

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 12:15:50 PM »

Should be interesting just based on the casting choices....
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 05:19:09 AM »

I'm always glad when Westerns have a resurgence, but wonder if they can can be done well in this age of CGI, computer assisted wild camera moves, and wire fu. I was on the fence about "Open Range" and am looking forward to catching "The Proposition" on video since I read so much good stuff about it. Now if they want to use this stuff to remake or offer a new take on spaghetti westerns, I think that could be interesting.

But the casting for this remake does peak my interest, Two actors who have some real acting chops and are capable of good action work as well. Since the original was a psychological western, would a well done remake appeal to a younger audience? What next, remakes of the Anthony Mann/JImmy Stewart westerns?

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 07:10:28 AM »

I want to know who's going to play the Richard Jaeckel part.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 02:33:42 PM »

Westerns are one of my favorite genera, but haven't we had enough remakes? Do we have to start remaking westerns now? But having said that, I'd favor a reversal of roles. Russell Crowe taking the Van Heflin part, and Christian Bale taking the Glenn Ford part. I'd think it'd work better.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  3:10 to Yuma remake casting « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.