Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:40:14 PM
713372 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Gingerdead Man 2005 « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Gingerdead Man 2005  (Read 6450 times)
zombie no.one
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Oookaay...

« on: August 05, 2006, 11:07:53 AM »

...this may be a new uncharted low in bad movie making. anyone seen it?

the ashes of a killer who went to the electric chair are mixed with an old gingerbread recipie then sent to a bakery where blood is accidentally spilled on them to spark the reincarnation of the killer as...you guessed it...a gingerbread man.

Shockingly bad film...I needed 2 days to recover from this abomination.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 04:23:32 PM »

I must find it!!!!!!!
dean

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 09:50:07 PM »

I don't care how bad it is, and with Busey it means bad, but that just looks like a riot!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 10:04:48 PM »

I just queue this on my Netflix.............

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 12:16:26 PM »

well...don't blame me for any post-traumatic stress symptoms you get after watching this ...its that bad :))

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 03:36:05 PM »

Nathan over at Coldfusion reviewed this one.
It sounds absolutely awful!

Read his review here
peter johnson

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 12:24:48 AM »

This sounds like utter tripe --
I simply must find it --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Neville

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 07:47:50 AM »

OMG!!! Gary Busey, what have you done? I know you always had a penchant for bad movies (like the 80s actioners "Act of Piracy" or "Bulletproof"), but not that long ago you where working with Terry Gilliam and Sidney Pollack. Dou you need the money that badly?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Jim H

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2006, 07:07:39 PM »

"Evil Never Tasted So Good!" is possibly a new high for awful, hilarious tagline.  Probably the only one that I find is as funny are the variations on "This time, it's personal".
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2006, 10:52:21 PM »

Jim H Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Evil Never Tasted So Good!" is possibly a new
> high for awful, hilarious tagline.

Hmm... So far, so good... And yet, so evil!

> Probably the
> only one that I find is as funny are the
> variations on "This time, it's personal".

This time, it's even more personal than it was the last two times!

Sorry. Had to let that out.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
peter johnson

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2006, 11:02:48 PM »

Gary Busey recently played a Jew doctor who eviscerates living Muslim soldiers for salable organs in a Turkish war film, so yeah, the guy has absolutely no shame or morals at all.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 04:38:27 PM »

He played a good guy in Predator 2 and even died a heroic death saving Danny Glover, so he has had roles that showed his tender peace loving humanitarian side.  Well, it does if  you ignore the fact that he was trying to kill the predator with a flame thrower or something like that....
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 06:27:45 AM »

Is he even sane enough at this point to discern a "morality" to his film choices? Or is he he using the John Carradine method of picking films: does it pay, I got to feed the kids and pay the bills. Or is it the Klaus Kinski method: Where is it filming and who pays the most?

The last things I've seen him in were "Celelbrity Fit Club" on VH-1 where I figured he was playing to the camera, that idiotic "I'm with Busey" fanboy wank session, and some direct to video film where he was a serial killer being followed by an investigative reporter. There was a scene where Gary makes the reporter kill a drag queen, he was chewing major scenery then, made an icky scene in a bad film even ickier.

Makes me yearn for the Busey of  "Barbarosa", "The Buddy Holly Story", "Under Siege" and "The Firm". When he seemed to still be on planet Earth.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Neville

« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2006, 06:31:25 AM »

Don't have anything against his morality. I mean, why shouldn't he play whoever he whishes, even if it's not PC? Hell, I'm a leftwing, so I should throw all my John Wayne movies out of the window if I applied such standards to my movie-viewing.

This said, yes, he's become a hack.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 07:04:51 AM »

I was questioning his sanity, as some have in recent years, more than his personal beliefs. I remember seeing him on religious shows and channels in the US like "The 700 Club" and TBN, but being non-religious and skeptical I was wondering if it was genuine, just a phase, or a cynical attempt to shore up his career by showing he had changed after his drug problems and motorcycle crash.

Gingerdead Man sounds like an aging actor holding his nose and paying the bills, like Mickey Rooney, or Joseph Cotten, or tons of other names we could think of. The film Peter Johnson mentioned just seems to be crossing a line that a possibly still practicing Christian, someone concerned about being thought of as anti-Semitic, an actor not wanting to burn bridges in an industry with a large Jewish contingent, or someone with a sense of shame would not want to cross. Maybe Busey is none of these, maybe he can't afford to turn down anything these days, maybe I'm projecting my own qualms onto him; but it also sounds like a man not entirely able to discern right from wrong or the consequences of associating yourself with a film like that.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Gingerdead Man 2005 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.