Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:29:42 PM
714228 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  John Carpenter's Escape from Earth « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: John Carpenter's Escape from Earth  (Read 2533 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: August 07, 2006, 08:22:02 AM »

Looks like Kurt Russell used a little clout in helping Paramount to get interested in this eight year old script. Let's pray it's better than Escape from L.A. was.

Here's the story from Bloody Disgusting.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 08:35:54 AM »

What ever happened to the rumored Snake Plissken anime films with Russell providing the voice that were talked about a few years ago? Between Russell's age and Carpenter's spotty film resume in recent times, I thought that might be the way to go with the character.

As long as the story is more than just a remake/retread with a few tweaks, like "EFLA", it could be interesting. I just hope they flesh out what life in that timeline is like a little more than they did in the other films. Characters always mention Snake's old exploits, which sound more interesting than the second film for sure.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Flangepart

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 11:08:30 AM »

Anyone else see the short run of "Snake Plisskin comics?"

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Neville

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:42:46 AM »

I'm with Yaddo 42, I'm cool with that as far as we get a new story (and a good one) instead of just a change of setting. I liked "Escape from L.A." despite its faults, but a full fledged sequel instead of a remake is not much to demand, is it?

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 07:20:03 AM »

AICN checked with Carpenter himself and it was just an idea that came and went.

About that Escape from Earth rumor

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Yaddo 42

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 05:28:18 AM »

Dang! No new Snake movie, probably never another Jack Burton flick,waaaaay too late for a Rudy Russo (Used Cars) sequel (he could be running for president by now). Much less try to snap Stallone out of his crapfest streak and make another "Tango & Cash". Just as long as they never try for "Captain Ron 2".

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 02:10:39 PM »

Will Rocky VI suffice?  It's on the way...
Yaddo 42

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 04:39:13 AM »

What Stallone vs. Mason "The Line" Dixon? I've seen a trailer or two, no thanks. A T&C sequel is about the only thing I'd want to see Stallone try an action comeback with, unless his was serious about doing a cameo or supporting role in a "Death Race 2000" remake or sequel like he hinted several years ago.. I liked his work in "Copland" but that was acting in a serious drama.

Russell still does some films I like these days, so I'll stick to rooting for him to make some more action flicks or even another western.

Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 04:00:32 AM »

Just watched DR2000.  Oddly, the package billed Stallone as the main character, not Carradine.  He was mentioned as 'an other competitor', or something like that.  I'd love to see a remake done with something that approached a budget.
Yaddo 42

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 05:15:03 AM »

There was talk of a remake a few years ago, with Tom Cruise interested in the lead, maybe the President would blmae the disruptions of the race on the psychiatric industry and antidepressants instead of the French.

I guess the rising popularity of the Grand Theft Auto games made someone think a remake could work. I would like to see one, but only if the black humor and satire of the original could be combined with the level of violence that a big budget, special effects laden remake would call for. But I doubt any major star would want to play a hero who is that callous toward human life and isn't redeemed in the typical Hollywood storytelling senario.

Frankenstein has his ultimate goal of ending the race and getting rid of the Prez (unknown to the audience for most of the movie) but he coldbloodedly kills people on the way to that goal playing the game, has fans willing to offer themselves as "points sacrifices" which he accepts, and even runs down Junior at the end for basically being an annoying pest about the race ending. However jaded modern audiences are (or are thought to be) I find it hard to believe a major studio would get a big star to play the lead as well as sink big bucks into a popcorn movie with that dark of a tone even if it was clever and funny.  If they'd do it that way, I'd be all for it, I'm afraid they'd just turn it into another "in name only remake" or make it into some kind of "Matrix meets NASCAR" cookie cutter action flick with bullet time car crashes and stylish posing by the cast.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  John Carpenter's Escape from Earth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.