Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:01:06 PM
714247 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Tales From the Crypt" (TV-Series 1989-1996) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Tales From the Crypt" (TV-Series 1989-1996)  (Read 2944 times)
dcjohnson
Dedicated Viewer

« on: August 07, 2006, 08:31:08 AM »

I've been watching a lot of these episodes lately from the first and second season, whichI have not seen for years. The acting and directing in a lot of these are a lot cheesier then I remember, but in a good way. It's like almost every episode is a mini good "bad" movie, added with a tremendous amount of celebrity cameos and it makes for a winning combination. What's your opinions, memories, etc of the show?
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 09:29:03 AM »

There were a number of 'Tales from the Crypt' movies as well.  'Demon Knight' and 'Bordello of Blood' were two of them.  I'm not sure how many more there were but they were also uber cheese....
loyal1
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 12:45:06 AM »

Do you remember how the crypt keeper was born? :)

I don't remember a lot of them, but 2 that come to mind now is one starring Muriel Hemmingway and this guy buying a love potion to get her to love him...as imagined things go horribly wrong!  Another I think starred Demi Moore a golddigger willing to marry one of the ugliest men you can imagine for his money.  There are so many other I have seen, but my memory fails me...I know there is one where these people are at a hunting lodge of somekind, but I just can't break through on what happens or the basic plot...when I try to think stories of Creepshow one and two pop in my head...lol
Refresh my memory one some :)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 08:14:47 AM »

I watched this show religiously but there are only a few that I can remember.  Of course I remember the Santa episode which was taken from the 70's Crypt film.  Then there was the episode with Joe Pantoliano where he receives the 9 lives of a cat from an experiment, and uses it to a monetary advantage in carnival shows and such.

My favorite episode (that I can remember atleast) was about a guy who gets shot during a diamond robbery.  The rest of his crew is killed and he holes up in a strange hotel where he hides from the cops for a few days.  Obviously things aren't what they seem, and neither are the other people staying in the hotel.  I might have to go and buy the various seasons of this show...

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 09:39:58 AM »

The one that sticks in my mind the most is the one with Beau Bridges titled "Abra Cadaver".
He injects his brother with a serum that makes him look clinically dead but he isn't.
We see most of the story through his eyes and can hear his thoughts.

Another one is "Split Personality" with Joe Pesci.
He tries to swindle two twin sisters by marrying them both but when they find out he's scamming them, they cut him in two with a chainsaw and "share" him.
loyal1
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 10:42:51 PM »

The one you mentioned about the serium to make  his brother seem dead triggered some sort of memory but can't remember if it was a crypt episode.  It was about this crazy morge doctor or something that figured out where those soul resides...I think it is somewhere at the base of the spine.  i remember these two hicks in there too that may have worked for him to get some bodies?  I don't know it is rather vague in memory but would love to see again

Anyone know what I am talking about??? lol  Help
PSlugworth
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 12:27:34 PM »

Ben Stein and Dan Castelenetta starred in the episode with the morgue.  I don't remember the title, but that should help you find it.

Official Member of the Don Knotts Fan Club.
andrew sylvester dot com
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2006, 03:11:18 PM »

Travis Tritt was in this one.  It was one of my favorite episodes, but I cannot remember the name.

Amanda
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2006, 05:42:44 PM »

I never cared for the show, so I don't think I saw more then one or two episodes, but I did see the two films mentioned, "Tales from the Crypt: Demon Knight," which (IMHO) is one of the best modern day horror films I've ever seen. On the hand, "Tales from the Crypt: Bordello of Blood" (IMHO) is one of the worst modern day horror films I've ever seen.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Tales From the Crypt" (TV-Series 1989-1996) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.