Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:03:29 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A classic Twillight Zone episode starring a young Shatner « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: A classic Twillight Zone episode starring a young Shatner  (Read 5213 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »

Bad Twilight Zone?
I'm hard-pressed to come up with one.  Their quality-control standards were pretty stiff:  Rod had hands-on Production credits on every episode, even the ones he didn't write or direct.  Buck Houghton, the Line Producer, was highly literate and they threw away a lot of scripts for every one they shot.
I used to think that the quasi-silent one with Buster Keaton as a time-traveler was pretty weak, but I had occasion to see it again with new eyes last month and . . . pretty damn good, really.  A lot of classic comic bits strung together.
Nope, can't think of one --
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
loyal1
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 05:12:34 PM »

I can't think of a bad one either.  I remember watching the marathons and glued to the set.  Another I like came to mind about the bet where the man couldn't talk for a whole year or something...only to find out ****spoiler*****that he cut off his tounge and the man didn't have the money to pay him.  Of course there are some that you like better than others, but I too cannot think of one where I sat there and said "This is stupid".
loyal1
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2006, 05:14:22 PM »

You know, I inadvertanly downloaded "Where is Everybody" but watched it anyway lol.  I couldn't download the Invaders though :(.  But I can buy on Amazon...or rent on netflix I think.  Thanks for the info.  A lot easier when you know the name, season and episode.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2006, 05:17:59 PM »

Twilight Zone episodes only fit two categories, good and great.

My personal favorite would have to be "The Monsters are due on Maple Street", because it did what the best of TZ alway does, teach us something about ourselves.

"The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts... attitudes... prejudices. To be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicion can destroy, and the thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own for the children, and the children yet unborn. And the pity of it is that these things cannot be confined to The Twilight Zone."

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2006, 05:43:49 PM »

trek_geezer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> My personal favorite would have to be "The
> Monsters are due on Maple Street", because it did
> what the best of TZ alway does, teach us something
> about ourselves.
>

Yep, that's a good one, too.  It was one of the ones remade by the 2002 Twilight Zone.  I thought the remake was not too bad, either.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
loyal1
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2006, 05:45:58 PM »

was this the one with the bomb shelter?
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A classic Twillight Zone episode starring a young Shatner « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.