Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:30:08 PM
713370 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do the makers of SoAP expect us to believe... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Do the makers of SoAP expect us to believe...  (Read 9110 times)
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 22, 2006, 11:11:55 AM »

That hundreds of poisonous Snakes will be able to co-oexist peacefully in a tightly enclosed space to reach a common goal?  Its amazing the things that movie-makers will try to get us to believe.

For one thing, Snakes are solitary and very territorial animals.  The only time they gather together is when mating and even that is often competetive.  Let me ask you guys: when you're in the Arizona desert and you encounter a rattle snake, is it alone or in a group?  Alone of course!  

In reality if you tried to gather hundreds of poisonous snakes and pack them into a plane, they will kill each other first.  

Oh and I guess the makers of SoAP were on a very tight budget.  All the snakes in the movie were very obviously CGI and not good quality CGI.  I guess real snakes and animal trainers weren't in the budget.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
ulthar
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 11:23:21 AM »

You've obviously never seen RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK, recently dubbed the perfect Bad Movie, as an example of snakes living together for millenia for a common purpose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Bazarov
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 12:35:32 PM »

the biggest wool being pulled over people eyes in that film is the absurd notion that a human beaing can be killed by a baseball bat, i mean come on
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 01:51:06 PM »

blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 02:23:26 PM »

trek_geezer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> blah, blah, blah, blah,blah, blah

LOL, Oh c'mon now.  You guys can come up with better arguments than this.

Yes, I have seen ROTLA.  That pit was filled with nonvenomous snakes and it wouldn't have stayed that way for millennia.  But the one plausibility problem in that movie that really makes me shake my head is the Fact Harrison Ford managed to outrun a massive round boulder rolling towards him at 80 mph.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 04:45:51 PM »

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah

I don't think they expect us to believe anything, that's not the point of the movie so why argue about it one way or the other?

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 06:34:43 PM »

Hey-if the sand worms in SQUIRM can gang up on folks,well than snakes should easily be able to.Or the cockroaches in CREEPSHOW. Or the frogs in FROGS. Or the blah blah blah in blahh blah blah...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 06:08:48 AM »

Still trying to take this movie down all by yourself? The hype hasn't translated into box office, too many of the bloogers and Internet fans in Middle America were too young to get into an R rated film seems to be the theory according to a column in the Hollywood Reporter (yeah right, we found a way in when I was under age and the kids are still at it now). But it'll clean up on home video. And a year from now people will have forgotten it, and will be loving or ripping apart some other overhyped cynical product of the Hollywood film machine.

Arguing over the plausibility of a movie that is willfully thumbing it nose at plausiblity is pointless. Let it go, there are much better windmills to tilt at.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
dean

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 08:41:11 AM »

Put your hands up anyone who saw this thread coming?

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2006, 01:01:14 PM »

To respond would be to also say the obvious. : )

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2006, 01:17:59 PM »

Some have this weird idea that film is always suppose to be realistic. : )

ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2006, 01:30:53 PM »

Or their version of realistic, which is not always real.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2006, 02:11:34 PM »

RCMerchant Wrote:
> Hey-if the sand worms in SQUIRM can gang up on
> folks,well than snakes should easily be able to.Or
> the cockroaches in CREEPSHOW. Or the frogs in
> FROGS. Or the blah blah blah in blahh blah blah...

cockroaches and frogs are social creatures.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2006, 05:13:10 PM »

Well,it looks alot better than RATTLERS(1975)which was a really,REALLY,lousy,boring,waste of time.I will take an unreal,fun movie over a boring unreal movie anyday.And if movies were meant to reflect reality,why not sit on the porch and watch traffic go by?It's like comparing the drone of awashing machine to music...the latter is much more interesting.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2006, 09:36:49 PM »

RCMerchant Wrote:
>It's like comparing the drone of awashing machine to music...the latter is much more interesting.

Apparently, you haven't listened to any of these new "Noise Artists".
At least a washing machine has rhythm.
Then again, we propably don't want to go & give those guys any ideas.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Do the makers of SoAP expect us to believe... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.