Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 05:25:08 PM
714162 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So how was the Shatner roast? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: So how was the Shatner roast?  (Read 4470 times)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: August 22, 2006, 03:15:07 PM »

Did anyone watch it?

Commentary please..
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 10:00:19 PM »

I fell a sleep just minutes before it started Zapranoth. My daughter watched the whole thing an loved it. She said it was very funny. Hope they replay it.

Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 12:57:38 AM »

I saw little bits of it on Youtube.  Looks like some nutjob named Dick went berserk during it.  But the woman from the Golden Girls was really funny.   There's a clip of some comedian from it too.. he bombed.  I forget his name.    But Takei was funny,   (Such a flaming thing.)
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 12:57:38 AM »

I saw little bits of it on Youtube.  Looks like some nutjob named Dick went berserk during it.  But the woman from the Golden Girls was really funny.   There's a clip of some comedian from it too.. he bombed.  I forget his name.    But Takei was funny,   (Such a flaming thing.)
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 05:45:49 AM »

I caught about 20 minutes of this.

There were a lot of jokes about Shatner's weight and even more gay jokes directed at George Takai.
Mr. Sulu took it all in stride though...matter of fact he seemed to be loving it!
Anytime someone ripped on him, the camera would switch to him and show him in stitches.

It was worth it to see an aging Nichelle Nichols talk about their famous on-screen kiss and then walk up to Shatner as if to kiss him, turn around, stick her butt out at him and say, "Kiss my black ass!"

That was absolutely priceless!
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 07:05:59 AM »

I loved George Takei's comment about never having seen the front of Andy Dick's head until that night.

He also got Shatner good, when he told him that at last he could tell him what he always wanted to "F*** you and the horse you rode in on".  (Shatner actually rode a  horse up to the stage when he was introduced. )

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
raj

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 01:11:55 PM »

"So how was the Shatner roast?"

Could've used a bit more salt.

I saw the promo for it, then completely spaced on it.  Sounds like it was good.
sinkwater
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 02:41:41 PM »

Patton Oswalt and Jeffrey Ross (two awesome comedians) were great. The rest was just ok.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 11:34:12 PM »

They just replayed this roast on Comedy Channel tonight. Watched the whole thing. This was really brutally foul. Some of it was funny though. Never saw or heard anything quite as rough as this roast.

Spock was not on it. I'm not sure why he wasn't there, but the type of humor might have been a bit much for Nimoy to take part.

loyal1
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 12:18:50 AM »

I only saw the last half hour or so, but George Takai had the best lines from what I saw.  How Shatner never could say his name right and his last line perfect telling Shatner, "f**k you and the horse you rode in on."  I must say it was a bit raunchy and Andy Dick annoying as usual, but I would catch the whole thing if it was on again.
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2006, 02:25:38 PM »

George Takei was hilarious- I think every comment he made was funny- and Betty White had perfect timing on all her jokes. Andy Dick was pretty annoying, but seeing him trade saliva with Carrie Fisher was worth it. For some reason, I never get tired of hearing jokes made about Jason Alexander...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  So how was the Shatner roast? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.