Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:37:32 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unidentified Insect... « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Unidentified Insect...  (Read 4737 times)
Genetic_Mishap
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 10:44:23 PM »

http://www.whatsthatbug.com/

Genetic Mishap-
When Darwin's Theory Meets Murphy's Law...
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 10:55:47 PM »

The description does sound like some sort of wood boring beetle, but hard to tell without a photo or something.  Heck, it could have even been some sort of camel cricket, depending on what loyal's experience with crickets is.

We used to get all sorts of little fellows in our house in GA.  Wolf spiders were quite common. I would often scoop them up with my hands and drop them outside, even the large ones.  This is one spider, either a thin-legged wolf spider or a fishing spider, that was on our kitchen screen.  That is Katie's hand.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
peter johnson

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2006, 12:31:44 AM »

Beautiful Arachnid!!
I used to like the Golden Garden spiders when I lived in Virginia, but never encountered a really fearsome spider in the wild until I met the "Bird-eating" spiders of India -- as big as two hands put together.
peter johnson/denny crane

I have no idea what this means.
loyal1
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2006, 06:24:27 AM »

http://wildflowers.jdcc.edu/Dobsonfly.html

Don't think this was it but pretty close from what I remember.
I am pretty OK with crickets..I mean, I saw a Cricket in Times Square when I was a kid. :) I was quite a Tom Boy in my day and most spiders and snakes didn't bother me.  I use to catch snakes all the time.  I don't know where the bug fear stemmed from, but not all bugs just evil looking bugs and cockroaches.
dean

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2006, 07:05:40 AM »

You know, this thread has led me to the only real logical conclusion:

That these creatures are mutant insects that were originally created in the back of your microwave and are currently breeding in your mattress.  In fact, I can almost make out their scuttling now...

It really is the only true answer to this query after all...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Flangepart

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2006, 03:22:50 PM »

If it has more legs then a 4, i'm not gonna make friends with it.
I may just reach for the hammer...

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 09:19:55 PM »

I don't mind most bugs.  Beetles, roaches, blah blah.  But spiders.  I don't care how tiny and "harmless" they are.....I just cannot handle them.  Andrew - Katie is a much better woman than I, I would probably never use that door/window/whatever EVER again.  

I don't jump and scream and throw fits.  I silently run like hell in the other direction as fast as my short lil legs can carry me.  I don't kill them if I am faced with one.  I avoid the room where he is and figure, if I leave him in peace, he'll leave me in peace.

Amanda
loyal1
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 09:24:48 PM »

That's all well and good, but when the creature is in my bedroom where I sleep...them's fightin territory.  I once found a nice big hairy spider, not only in my room, but chillin next to me in my bed.  I never knew I could jump and move so fast.  It was like the whole mother and baby under the truck situation.  I was speedy gonzales!

I would have actually preferred seeing a spider.  At least I know what they are.
peter johnson

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2006, 12:36:11 AM »

loyal1
I don't know the bug you're picturing here, but my guess is that I was probably right in saying "Longhorn Beetle", as this picture looks very much like one --
they won't bother you
peter johnson/denny crane

loyal1
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2006, 06:08:24 AM »

Peter wrote~

"I don't know the bug you're picturing here, but my guess is that I was probably right in saying "Longhorn Beetle"

Here is a pic of this bug here.  Looks just like him.

http://facweb.furman.edu/~perrytravis/TPerryWebsite/Hermosa/Pictures/Longhorn.jpg
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 03:08:17 PM »

Nice bug.  Knowing that it is harmless is good.

I work doing emergency spill response.  I was returning from a call at 1:00 am, during which a praying mantis had landed on my coveralls.  I had brushed him off my shoulder and forgotten about him.  He must have clung to my back because while heading home, he jumped onto the face of the driver, who almost rolled the pick-up....

He said afterwards that he was very proud of his ability to 'scream like a girl'.
peter johnson

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2006, 12:45:01 AM »

Bugs are just cool --
thanks for the followups -
peter,.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Unidentified Insect... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.