Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:22:13 AM
714232 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie night...suggestions please? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movie night...suggestions please?  (Read 7817 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 11:32:08 PM »

. . . and you'll be glad you shook my hand too, once you've seen it --
(Camera pans backward -- scene envelopes dock with mist creating Light highlights/run credits)
peter johnson
Seriously:  A Frkrningin Great Movie --

I have no idea what this means.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 05:25:41 AM »

Acidburn,

Birmingham? Alabama? Or elsewhere? If so what small town?

And I'd say seeking out "Night of the Hunter" is well worth it, one of Robert Mitchum's best roles. So much oily charm but so much evil and malice lurking just below the surface.

Not that your likely to run across it, and it wouldn't work for your marathon anyway, but avoid the TV movie remake with Richard Chamberlain from the late 80s or early 90s. Just takes a great and unique film and turns it into a drab, dull, unspectacular waste of time. The remake is like a prototype for all those idiotic Lifetime "Woman in Peril" but featuring the kids instead.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 08:12:41 AM »

Yaddo I am from a tiny litte town called bluntsville. About an hour north of Birmingham Al.
I am starting my search today for this film. With any luck I will have a copy in my hands by the end of the day :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 08:37:25 AM »

Bluntsville!
LOL!
Sounds like the place where all the brothas & white trash stoners go to get high!
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 10:41:22 AM »

Ahhh so you have heard of us huh?  Yep yep, I live in Blountsville...in Blount county. Yeah we alabamians are so imaginative when it comes to naming places. There is a town down the road called remlap...now what is funny about this is they got p**sed off because another town near by named themselves palmer and that is what they wanted...so they decided to still use the name and just spell it backwards. And we wonder why people see southerners as idiots. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 10:48:01 AM »

LOL

There is a town in Colorado called NoName.  And South Carolina must have thought they ran out of names and started using numbers: we have a town called Ninety-Six.

Sorry to be OT from the thread, but this sort of thing cracks me up.  As I've gotten older, I actually think about the name of the town when considering moving - spelling it on the phone, etc.  There are some doozies out there.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 11:50:18 AM »

Acidburn, I'm in Florence, in the northwest corner near the MS state line, about two and half hours away from B'ham.

Don't forget Alabama also has the town of Opp. The most notable thing I've ever heard about Opp is they used to have a rattlesnake festival, no idea if they still do.

And the once notorious Phenix City, near the Georgia state line. Have always wondered about that spelling.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 11:58:27 AM »

I have actually been through florence before :) Small world eh?  We have a covered bridge festival here during the spring. Leave it to us to get together and celebrate being able to cross over a river. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 10:53:22 PM »

Well......I don't know. Here are a few

Return of the Living Dead
Motel Hell
The Legend of Boggy Creek (Lilcerberus's Pick)
Blood Sucking Freaks

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2006, 10:55:26 PM »

These might not be at your local blockbuster. RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD might be there.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie night...suggestions please? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.