Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:09:06 PM
714314 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who did you lose your badmovies.org virginity to? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Who did you lose your badmovies.org virginity to?  (Read 6840 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 01:42:55 PM »

I've been visiting this message board since 1999/2000.  There was an older board before Andrew updated the phorum, so all those posts are lost to the antiquity of time.  Hence, I have no idea what my first post was.

I originally started visiting this site because Andrew had video in his reviews, which was relatively uncommon at the time.  Later I discovered the message board and have been posting ever since.  The people here are movie maniacs, and refreshingly free of the pretentiousness that the title usually implies.

Besides, what other group of people is going to discuss Jean-Luc Godard and Herschell Gordon Lewis in the space of a single sentence?

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2006, 01:48:46 PM »

After checking the search, there was a post in 2001 by a guy named Ed on the subject of Damnation Alley.  But I don't remember making it at all, and its not my style of writing.   Nor does the ISP look like anything I had.  But it could be me, I suppose. My memory is not what it used to be.  
The guaranteed earliest post I'll put my hand up to was in 2004 in response to a post by Ash (the "We Love tha moon Quiznos commercial).  However I had been squatting for a long long time before joining the party and had read all the reviews starting in 2000.  I'm a wallflower at heart.  
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
peter johnson

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 11:18:57 PM »

WTF?
You did a post about "J-Men Forever" and I never noticed??
Anyone out there don't' know The Firesign Theatre be my GODS!!?
(mindless profanity)
never mind . . .
peter j.

I have no idea what this means.
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 07:52:16 PM »

Mine was 3/24/2004...in response to a poll.  I think my first real post was to Brother Ragnarok in response to Dawn of the Dead.  The Remake.  I read this for a long long time before that.

Amanda
peter johnson

« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2006, 12:29:17 AM »

Thankyou loyal --
Dear Lord, I have been posting on this Site now for 5 years, and have not been aware of it.--
I ask that you bless my posts, Lord, and that misinformation will never flow from my keyboard & that Goodness & Mercy only shall proceed.
How Flime doest Tie!~!
peter crane/denny who?

I have no idea what this means.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 06:28:40 AM »

Mine was on February 14, 2003 in a thread called "Let's make a bad movie (part 1)."  My screen name was "Joe" at that time, but I actually mentioned "The Burgomaster" in my message.  The full text of my first message appears below:

Well, I'm not sure about the story, but I think the movie should have the following cheesy elements:

* A mad scientist with a beautiful daughter whose face has been scarred by acid

* A former colleage of the mad scientist, who tries to steal the mad scientist's secret formula

* A deformed assistant, who hopes that the mad scientist can help him become "normal" someday

* A fat man known as "The Burgomaster"

* A local tavern where the proprietor's wife whispers to all the customers about "strange goings-on at the castle"

* A young, dashing hero who comes into town on a stagecoach during a thunderstorm

* A local priest, who questions his faith, becomes evil for awhile, then has a change of heart and sacrifices himself at the end to save the day

* A wise old vampire hunter with a slavic accent

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 07:59:24 AM »

I was lookin'at the cool little video clips,and noticed ''message board''.mspg46 asked a question about hillbillys and child brides.I never seen the movie,but I remember a tv show, where Sarah Bernhardt was the host,and they usta play clips of old cheezy flicks.Does any one remember this show? I believe it was associated with Something Weird video company.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 08:19:00 PM »

It seems that the earliest searchable post was when Andrew changed the message board on 2/14/2001 and the earliest people responding that post that are still here were Peter Johnson, Mofo Rising, and Flangepart.

Andrew do you know the date of your early board?

I remember my early post where about Ed Wood films and Corman films. Along with anything that I remembered from the 70's monster movies.

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Who did you lose your badmovies.org virginity to? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.