Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:01:09 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Aeon Flux (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Aeon Flux (2005)  (Read 3230 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: September 02, 2006, 10:10:04 PM »

AEON FLUX (2005) - Ouch, this one hurt bad. Rates down there with BATTLEFIELD EARTH which is a film I almost walked out on. Rented it today after not getting the chance to see THE DESCENT. A lady at Hollywood Video told me that her son helped work the animation in the original Aeon Flux and told me to stay with this film as it's not just a quick cash in on the animation or like in some other video games. She told me that it was a good future society film like SOYLENT GREEN (I think she meant Logans Run). Anyway AEON FLUX the live action film was terrible in my opinion. This film did nothing for me. It was like a cheap televison production. Maybe I missed something...............

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:23:49 PM »

I thought it was ok.
It did have some bad parts but there were some really cool parts in it too.
The cinematography was fantastic and nobody but Charlize could play Aeon.
Scott

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 10:28:13 PM »

I've only seen about 10 minutes of  the original AEON FLUX animation. Some how I liked Laura Croft much more. I can even go a little further by saying I liked THE ISLAND more.

AEON FLUX was like a bad British television production produced by MTV. Maybe it wasn't so bad after all. : )

dean

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 10:29:06 PM »

What this film lacked was personality.

Visually it was stunning, and alot of the ideas there were actually really really good.

It's just a shame that the characters were boring as all hell.

That and the story, whilst not too bad overall, lacked punch, and wasn't really handled well.  I think they got too caught up in making the film look pretty...

So overall it killed the film.  If you want something good out of this film, turn down the volume and just watch the pretty pictures with a good cd running in the background.

If you want the surreal elements of the show and the shorts [which I prefer greatly to the show]
 then watch the animation, not the movie.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 10:31:22 PM »

Dean said "the characters were boring as all hell. That and the story, whilst not too bad overall, lacked punch".

This is most accurate.

dean

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 10:33:20 PM »

Scott said
>>Dean said "the characters were boring as all hell. That and the story, whilst not too bad overall, lacked punch".

>>This is most accurate.

Well said.  If you repeat what you just said in a really nonchalant, monotone voice, you'll pretty sum up the tone of the film.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scott

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 10:35:40 PM »

I'll do my best. : )

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 12:35:11 AM »

As a huge fan of the cartoon ( am I the only one whos like the show not just the shorts?) this was very disappointing. Like eveyone said its visual stunning but thats it.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Neville

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 04:23:49 AM »

Ugh. Bad, bad movie. Watching Charlize in tight clothes moving in slo-mo does not justify such a lacking movie. Pretty much everything looked on auto-pilot, and only some action scenes were decent. At least it was better than "Ultraviolet".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 04:42:07 AM »

Well, that was partly the problem. If I understood the movie correctly, it was about a perfect society that had lost the will to live. If all your characters are tired of life, this doesn't exactly make for very exciting  scenes.

Still, if you are interested in photography and cinematography, it is required viewing. It is stunningly beautiful.

Probably they were too occupied by making it look good, that they lost the plot. You can see the same thing in Underworld:evolution. In the commentary track of the DVD everybody is always telling how the got the effects and the lighting and the camera angles and what not. Not a word on the story.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 03:04:07 PM »

Saying Aeon Flux was better than Untraviolet is like saying breathing is better than holding your breath. Under the correct circumstances, the reverse is true.

I enjoyed Aeon Flux but it's not a movie I'm going to rush out and buy.  Once was enough.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2006, 07:08:29 AM »

Another fan of the animated shorts but not the series. And now not a fan of the film either.

I watched this with a buddy, we both just gave up on the plot and watched pretty pictures, by the time they resolved the plot I was way past caring.

I described it as being like a high end perfume commercial and a Minolta camera commercial had a baby. Very lush, very stylish and not a brain in its pretty head.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Aeon Flux (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.