Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:19:20 PM
713361 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When did you discover a movie was a remake? « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: When did you discover a movie was a remake?  (Read 5148 times)
peter johnson
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2006, 12:46:40 AM »

??? - - Shop Around the Corner --
As far as I can tell, this isn't connected with this post --
What movie were you responding to?
love
peter j.

I have no idea what this means.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2006, 01:43:43 AM »

Gosh,Pete,don't take it personal,but I actually am working on an extensive review of why I like SCARS better than HORROR...(don't get me wrong...I liked HoD ok, but...)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Fearless Freep

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2006, 09:31:11 AM »

??? - - Shop Around the Corner --
As far as I can tell, this isn't connected with this post --
What movie were you responding to?

Check the post subject.."You Got Mail" was a remake of "Shop Around The Corner"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
peter johnson

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2006, 11:34:24 PM »

Of course it was!
Didn't notice the letter heading until you pointed that out -- Big whoops from me, yet again --
Thankyou for allowing me to continue to post here, despite my constant errors --
Rehearsal for War of The Worlds today -- looking really good!
Also, great house tonight for Dearly Departed -- nice to be all involved with live theatre again --
     Now, our War of the Worlds would seem to be in a nether-region of remakes:  We're trying to duplicate onstage the 1938 radio broadcast -- right down to bringing a toilet onstage to unscrew the lid of the pickle jar on to duplicate the sound of the emerging Martians, just like they did back then -- But are we doing a remake of "The Night That Panicked America"?  No.  There was no Theremin in the Foley for Welles' War, yet we're using mine -- an effect that would've been available to sound men in 1938, but Orson chose not to use.  Otherwise, we're using the same Howard Koch script, inside a make-believe version of a 1938 radio studio, amplified to a theatre audience, but not broadcast -- Remake, or simply Weird Art?
peter johnson/denny crane

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2006, 01:25:02 AM »

I wish I was involved in something like that.If you guys ever need artwork done,(Posters or flyers or anything),I'll help for free.If you wanna see an example of my work,go to the bad movie frappr site and click onto my site and I have some posted on my pictures.I think you will be surprised.HEAVY METAL mag,in the early 80's'said I was too outragous.Dale Ashmund liked it,and used some in an undergound zine,though...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
peter johnson

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2006, 11:48:18 PM »

Dear RC --
I had never been to the Frappr before, so bit of a ditz about getting it to work -- didn't understand that it loads slowly --
BUT  I think I finally DID get to see the artwork you posted --
Before that, though:  Whose autographed Bela Lugosi photo is that?  Do you own that?  Quite a coup if you do!
I like your artwork just fine -- I detect a Basil Wolverton influence in more frames than others -- I have no say-so or control over the artwork for the show, but if you'd like to knock out a poster/flyer/small drawing for us, I'd love to take it to my director & show him --
Pertinent info:
Longmont Theatre Company presents Sorry, Wrong Number and War of The Worlds, from the original radio scripts -- Live, onstage at the Longmont Center for The Performing Arts, 513 Main St., Longmont, Colorado.  Opens Friday, October 13 -- play dates October 13, 14, 15, and 20, 21, 22 -- Friday and Saturday shows at 7:30pm -- Sunday matinees at 2pm (Yeah, it's an abbreviated run -- it's not part of the "regular season", but rather an experimental show -- art for art's sake, and all that).
Maybe a shadowy figure creeping up on a 30's-type gal on a phone on one side of the poster, bounded on the other side by a Martian walking-machine blasting some running people -- anyway, YOU'RE the graphic artist, not me, so your call --
If it'll print on 8X10 as a jpg or something, then e-mail it to petdix@msn.com,
or snail it to Peter Johnson, 530 Main St. Longmont, CO  80501
I'll pitch the hell out of it to our director guy if/when I get it, so good chance anything you produce could be used.
Did you enjoy The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen's take on Wells?

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2006, 04:48:58 AM »

GREAT! I'll get to work on it right away! FAR OUT!
(N0,the Lugosi photo is just a cool pic I downloaded,off  of an Ebay auction site...I'm a big Bela fan...)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
peter johnson

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2006, 11:21:44 PM »

See you in the funny papers . . .

Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  When did you discover a movie was a remake? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.