Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:00:57 AM
714312 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happy 40th birthday to Star Trek!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Happy 40th birthday to Star Trek!!  (Read 7606 times)
trekgeezer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

We're all just victims of circumstance

« on: September 07, 2006, 06:56:16 PM »

On September 8, 1966 a new kind of Science Fiction program premiered on NBC. I remember it being advertised as the first adult space drama.

I doubt even Gene Roddenberry knew  what he was starting  with his "Wagon train in space".

Although the franchise has faltered these past few years, you have to admit it's had a helluva run. Now with talk of new movie produced by some fresh faces, and the original coming back to broadcast syndication this month (with the newly enhanced fx) there is still some life and money to be made left in it.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 08:30:00 PM »

trek_geezer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> I doubt even Gene Roddenberry knew  what he was
> starting  with his "Wagon train in space".
>

And I doubt that after he saw what he had, he never dreamed it could be gutted by Berman and Braga.

Here's to another 40 years, but better than the last 15!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 09:12:44 PM »

Nobody is showing the reruns of the original show on TV anymore.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2006, 06:16:03 AM »

The original was the only one worth a dam.The others were talk.YAPYAPYAPYAP....no action.No Spock.No Kirk.No cool mind controling puppet master blobs.No fights with dino-guy with paper-mache boulders...gee...now that I think of it...I DID like the original Trek alot.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
trekgeezer

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2006, 07:02:47 AM »

TOS shows every night as Star Trek 2.0  and on Saturdays as Star Trek uncut on G4 tv (I know a lot of folks on cable don't get G4, it used to be TechTV). I like uncut marathons on Saturday because they  put back the 9 minutes of the show that were edited out for syndication.

Tonight September 8, TV Land will be showing an original series marathon celebrating the 40th anniversary and then in Novemeber they will be showing the entire series.

On the weekend of Sept. 16 the new Star Trek enhanced premiers in broadcast syndication taking the place of Star Trek: Enterprise reruns. So, if you have a local UPN station they'll probably be showing it.

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2006, 11:13:29 AM »

trek_geezer Wrote:

> On the weekend of Sept. 16 the new Star Trek
> enhanced premiers in broadcast syndication taking
> the place of Star Trek: Enterprise reruns. So, if
> you have a local UPN station they'll probably be
> showing it.

UPN and the WB networks merged recently to form the CW network.

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2006, 11:22:52 AM »

What does the Star Trek Enterprise and a roll of toilet paper have in common?
They both circle Uranus and wipe out Klingons!(Sorry...couldn't ...resist...tried to fight...it...SPOCK! Help-me-Spock!)

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
trekgeezer

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2006, 11:23:57 AM »

That technically hasn't happened yet, but it does happen Sept. 18. I should have said former UPN stations, some of which will be CW now.

WyreWizard
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2006, 11:51:57 AM »

RCMerchant Wrote:
> What does the Star Trek Enterprise and a roll of
> toilet paper have in common?
> They both circle Uranus and wipe out
> Klingons!(Sorry...couldn't ...resist...tried to
> fight...it...SPOCK! Help-me-Spock!)

Blanche Knott and Truly Tasteless Jokes!!!

Babe, I'm leaving.  I must be on my way.  The time is drawing near.  The train is going.  I see it in your eyes.  The love beneath your tears.  And I'll be lonely without you.  And I'll need your love to see me through.  So please me.  My heart is your hands.  And I'll be missing you...
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 08:43:36 PM »

Thanks Trek Geezer. I just watched the 8pm opening episode on TV Land right after reading your post at 8 'oclock. They played the salt creature episode where the "monster" transforms into other people and depletes them of all their salt in order to survive. The last of a dying species.

They just started the second one where they go thru the stone time machine where they try to locate McCoy. This one stars Joan Collins as you probably know.

Saw every episode a dozen times in the 70's. Only saw a few episodes in the past 25 years. I'll try to watch them when they come on this November on TV Land.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 11:27:49 PM »

I saw all the original series.Every goddam one of em.betweenthe years 1970 and 1972 they re ran them on chanel 41,UHF,from Kalamazoo MI,after school.Right after the Woody Woodpecker Show.After that came re runs of Gilligans Island.And,the more I think about it..dam!!!! I miss that old show!ISTAR TREK ,the REAL one,ruled after school TV!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 11:27:54 PM »

I saw all the original series.Every goddam one of em.betweenthe years 1970 and 1972 they re ran them on chanel 41,UHF,from Kalamazoo MI,after school.Right after the Woody Woodpecker Show.After that came re runs of Gilligans Island.And,the more I think about it..dam!!!! I miss that old show!ISTAR TREK ,the REAL one,ruled after school TV!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
peter johnson

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2006, 12:42:18 AM »

I recall vividly being scared and concerned over the Silicon Being who built tunnels rapidly --
And I loved the Salt Creature who transformed to whoever one wanted --
Star Trek was all we talked about in 6th Grade --
And the Bloated/Toupeed one was still young --
Time is a Destroyer and a Whore --
All you young guys & gals:  You're going to grow old and die like the rest of us.  Poor Mr. Shatner is now part of Boston Legal . . . denny crane . . . .denny crane . . . It calls like the inevitable End we will all endure . . . denny crane . . . denny crane . . . More than a mantra, yet less than the Will of God . . . denny crane . . .  denny crane . . . A carreer, a life, an episode or 2 in The Twilight Zone . . . denny crane  . . . denny crane . . .
peter johnson
that's all . . .
just
peter johnson

I have no idea what this means.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2006, 01:28:52 AM »

BONES! BONES! Its PETE!  
HE,S DEAD JIM.
DAHHHH!!!!

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
Ellie H
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2006, 02:13:13 AM »

My husband sold a car to a friend of his who got far behind on payments. One day he came in and put down this big cardboard box full of videos. I leaned over and grabbed one out it was an episode of Star trek. The original one. He brought home almost all of the episodes minus a couple and all of the major motion pictures . Yippee! He isnt a fan but I am and boy did he make my day.
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Happy 40th birthday to Star Trek!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.