Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:12:30 PM
714253 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Weird independent movies « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Weird independent movies  (Read 2324 times)
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« on: September 18, 2006, 08:29:56 PM »

Hey everybody. I'm back with more of the weird wild and strange. I was surfing through the Fort Thunder page I posted about a month ago [you remember, the Rhode Island artist group (of course you  remember, nobody responded)] and I came across this site:

http://some-pig.net/

Check out some of the videos but be prepared to invest a little bit of time into them because they're not popcorn flicks. These are the weird, wild and strange home, amateur films of the don't-know-them artists dabbling with mediums they possibly know nothing about. Some of it is done on film, an attribute that's admirable, while others are video compilations that would make Henri Rousseau sneeze with joy.

Enjoy, I hope.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 04:00:15 AM »

I gotta bump this back up to the top because I found some cool links posted alongside the Fort Thunder site.

1.) http://www.scul.org/SCUL/SCUL.html  
This site is dedicated entirely to the extreme modification of common bicycles and then massing into groups and storming the streets. They refer to bikes as Derelict warrior ships and their riders as pilots. They have an intricate ranking system for people who participate in the events called missions with detailed descriptions of each mission. Here is their philosophy on bikes: "SCUL creates bikes that are difficult to control, damaging to knees, and painful to sit upon. They are structurally unsound and easy to crash. We are test pilots of poorly designed vessels."

Here are some pics:

2.) http://nowave.pair.com/
Awesome hyperlinking site to 70's, 80's, and 90's punk rock bands.

3.) http://www.knitknit.net/gorgon_radeo.html
A site with alternatives to consumer bags in the form of knitting.

You all probably hate me right now. You probably want me to talk about the latest FILM I saw. Well, it was Diamonds Are Forever and there isn't much to talk about there. Before that was Raiders of the Lost Ark and there is't much to talk about there either. And before that was Bringing Up Baby and aside from the fact it was an RKO film, a screwball comedy, starred Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn and was one of the best examples of how the Hollywood studio system of the 30's wasn't as rigorous as previously thought, for Howard Hawks was able to go about $400,000 over budget and the heads of RKO still wouldn't fire him, there isn't much to talk about there either. I understood all of those films and I don't like that. I seem to have begun liking things I don't understand, so Fort Thunder and Lightning Bolt are the products of that. Anyways, on with life---

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 04:06:09 AM »

Somepig has now been bookmarked, and I'm downloading some clips now.  Will talk about how much I don't understand them a bit later, but thought I'd at least make it seem like someone cared!

Also, Diamonds are Forever wasn't really the strongest Bond films, but as usual had a good theme song...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 05:57:06 AM »

Diamonds Are Forever could have benefited from copious amounts of Plenty O'Toole (Lana Wood) nudity. Never mind plot and good acting and special effects.

Yes, I know, I'm a sad little creature.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Weird independent movies « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.