Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:04:46 AM
713330 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HEROES: nbc « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HEROES: nbc  (Read 2721 times)
Susan
« on: October 11, 2006, 10:23:29 PM »

Anyone been watching this? It's been fairly interesting so far - suprisingly I must not be "with it" but tv has gotten progressively gory. I noticed a decapitated body shown quite closely on one of those CSI shows tonight.

HEROES so far is regular people with extraordinary talents. Flying, invincibility, mind reading...sorta like x-men without the spandex. The cheerleader with the ability to heal is quite disturbing - she seems to accidentally be severely injuring and dying everyday. one minute she sticks her entire hand in a running garbage disposal and the last episode she woke up during her own autopsy with her chest cut wide open.

Another character has an alter ego that appears to be murdering people. A japanese guy can bend time, but also see into the future while doing his time leaps. He's perhaps the most enjoyable character since he's the most aware of how comicbook like his situation is.

I'm kind of glad to see some different shows on tv. I've been into the mystery of LOST for some time (quite the fanatic) and watch "the office" regularly, but other than that I don't really care for much that's on. This show is worth checking out, it may fizzle out  you never know but so far so good. The only thing i hate about it is the Indian is the worst actor.
Yaddo 42
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 04:53:15 AM »

I missed the first episode but have been watching it sort of since. I like the idea of a "real world" with superpowered people without the built in back history of comics. Marvel's New Universe never quite worked for me when I still read comics. Still having trouble getting up to speed on all the characters, but you can't help but root for the Japanese guy since he seems to be enjoying his powers despite the dark implications. Even the usually annoying and not very talented Greg Grunberg (JJ Abrams' buddy and mascot) as the telepathic cop has turned me off the series like I thought he would when I found out he was in it.

On another board I read about the cryptic f/s symbol that turns up quite often in episodes, have you seen it, if so, how common is it? I watch the show on an over-the-air signal, so my picture quality varies due to distance and weather. I was unware they were there since the picture isn't good enough for close scrutiny. Makes it hard to pick up all those Hanso/Dharma Project symbols floating around on "Lost" as well, like the one on the shark in one episode.

If nothing else this show gives me something else to watch on Mondays along with "Studio 60", since I can catch rerurns of "American Experience" late night on PBS. Monday is now one of the few nights that have more than one or two shows that I want to watch.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2006, 08:15:55 PM »

Saw 15 minutes of this show a couple weeks ago and I enjoyed what I saw. I should make it a point to watch a few episodes. TV has become strangely more interesting. You never would have seen anything like this 20 years ago.

trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 04:17:47 PM »

Each week's episode gets a replay on the SciFi Channel at 6:00 pm Central on Friday night. This is getting weird with NBC owning all these cable channels. Any kind of  genre stuff gets reshone on one of their cable outlets.

NBC recently had to refute a rumor that they were going to start showing the new Battlestar Galactica on NBC. I glad they're not because cable channels can get around a lot of the censorship broadcast TV has to put up with.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Menard
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 07:01:50 PM »

Yaddo 42 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>I like the idea of a "real
> world" with superpowered people without the built
> in back history of comics.

Alas, Misfits of Science beat them to the punch by 21 years.
Yaddo 42

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 05:20:06 AM »

And yet that was during my comic reading phase, so I was annoyed by that show. There was a siliness to it I just didn't like, plus that show was before the ongoing storyline trend that has become popular, it was like a superpower version of "The A-Team".

At the time I wanted good live action adaptations of the comics I was reading, the watered down versions we got in the cartoon versions like "Spiderman and his Amazing Friends" or the various "Superfriends" or "Justice League" shows that were around then disappointed me. The kinds of series and films that have been done lately are kind of what I wanted back then.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Astro Jones
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 01:23:45 PM »

I like it, its very orginal but the acting almost seems forced. I also don't like the writer of the dialoge. Other than that I really enjoy the concept.
Him
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 04:48:16 PM »

I've been watching the show. It's been good so far, but the question is, is this story arc going to have a pay off? Or will it just get stupid like the second season of Dark Angel.
Susan
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 07:38:07 PM »

Well i heard from my cousin the writer or something is friends wtih the guys who do LOST and they were trying to see if they could tie them in somehow even tho they are on different networks.  It reminds me of LOST with the continuing story and character development - each week we learn more and i love that we get to see present AND past events (with the teleportation guy and how it's possible he can alter events)

They built up the "Save the cheerleader, save the world bit", but if you look at Sylar - he was obsessed with killing all the "mutants", and somehow in doing that absorbs their power. Now if he had somehow managed to steal the cheerleaders power of regeneration there would be no stopping him, I would guess.

So far, it's one of the few shows that's grabbed my attention
Yaddo 42

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 05:10:28 AM »

Sorry, I missed a few episodes of this and Studio 60, since this thread began, and have little interest in getting back into them now.

TV just isn't working for me the way it did before, I can't think of one new show that I have stuck with since I lost the thread on those two in the past month.

Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:24:15 PM »

Susan - I think Sylar already has a pretty good power of regeneration.  He was completely unharmed by the fall off of the roof.  However, I think it's likely that he has a power like Peter's, (SPOILERS!) and can absorb the power of any ability.  Peter's is temporary, and not terribly strong.  I read somewhere that Peter is actually going to a turning point, that he may turn evil. 

Sylar's first power was the ability to fix what was broken.  He can find the part of the brain where these abilities reside - this week's episode demonstrated that. 

I was so sad about Charlie though.  I hate that Hiro cannot change past events.  He may have saved her from Sylar, but she ends up dying of a brain tumor?  That's crappy. 

I'm completely hooked on this show!  Years of not really watching too much TV faithfully, and now I have Heroes, Supernatural, Lost and Grey's Anatomy.  I'm so screwed. 

Amanda
Acidburn
Bad Movie Lover

When I was your age, television was called Books!

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006, 10:03:11 AM »

I know what you mean Amanda. I never really had many shows that were a must watch for me...now it seems there is something every night of the week that I MUST watch. Monday is Heroes, tuesday is House, wednesday is Lost, thursday is Smallville, well friday is about the only day that I dont have a must watch. 
But I am really starting to get addicted to Heroes...I am really enjoying the way they have this showing working.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The flowers are still standing...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  HEROES: nbc « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.