Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:47:50 AM
713389 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org Official Myspace Page « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Badmovies.org Official Myspace Page  (Read 18268 times)
loyal1
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 01:19:27 AM »

So in this myspace split are we the greasers or the socs?

I think the greasers...this ones for you Ponyboy!
dean
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 03:42:26 AM »

I'd say a good idea for songs to put on the site are a heap of the dodgy theme songs, like the Flash Gordon one already mentioned.  Things like the 'hooray for Santy Claus' song from Santa Claus Conquers The Martians and maybe alot of the Hammer film theme music would be a welcome addition I'm sure.  Plus Monster Mash is a classic!  I'm sure there's also a heap of nice, short video clips from some classic b-movies.

Oh and by the way, I'm not here to crap all over myspace.  I think the idea for the badmovie based one is great.  I'm just annoyed that I have to sign up for something I won't use and every time I try and access something on the site it tells me 'I must be logged in to do that' essentially forcing me to join.  It's almost like peer pressure on steroids!  It'd be so much easier if you didn't have to join up yet still be able to participate but oh well, guess they're making money this way...

Anyways I was looking for suggestions of what is so good about it other than just 'it's great so try it out.'  Such as some of the specific features that really help other than the ability to put some pics and videos up.  I know you guys like it, I just wanted to know why you guys like it so much.  Since I've already got my own blog, and that works great for personality and tastes and whatnot, I just don't see the point in splitting my time between two different 'spaces' that do essentially the same thing, unless there was a real reason to.  This is especially since I barely have time to concentrate on one thing these days!  But I do admit there's some good ideas there, I just don't know how they work and can't be bothered devoting a heap of time to it without a bit of prior knowledge!

But yeah, like I said, I'll stick my head in and check it out, and who knows, I may just crack yet and start my own up!  But in the meantime, I guess I'll have to be a shadow on the wall...

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 04:05:25 AM »

Check out the film festival of which I am president on Myspace. www.myspace.com/appfilmfest

So far myspace has been good for getting out the word for this film festival. With like 125 friends in a few weeks, it's pretty cool. Eventually we'll get like 4 gajillion friends be able to spam the crap out of everybody just like everybody else and tell them to come to our film festival. Thank you myspace.

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 06:38:01 AM »

Actually dean I wasn't referring to you at all in my previous post.  It was the others I was talking about.
You were the only one who gave a legitimate and decent reason as to why you really didn't want to create an account and I understand that.
No sense making an account if you're never going to use it.
If I have one beef with Myspace it's the one you mentioned about not being able to do hardly anything on it or even look at something if you're not a member.
odinn7

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 07:05:08 AM »

ASHTHECAT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> And the reaction I got from most everyone else
> here was somewhat expected.
> I try to do something nice and look how they
> respond.
> With the typical closed-mindedness I've come to
> know & expect from a lot of people here.
> Not everyone here, but those of you I'm talking
> about know who you are.

Typical...I was waiting for something like that.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 07:43:14 AM »

How do I link youtube video to the page? I have a membership, but haven't used it since joining August 1st.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 11:52:37 AM »

I apoligize for my response.Actually, I was really frustrated with my computer telling me that my E-mail address wasn't mine.Sorry.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 11:31:43 AM »

Personally, for what it's worth, I find web pages with music EXTREMELY annoying.  I tend click off such a site immediately, and never visit again.  Perhaps that's just me.

I know it was mentioned that the music is not automatically played (my vote would be to keep it that way - for ALL web sites).

About the badmovies.org myspace page, I just have one question.  I'm not trying to be antagonistic but asking a legit question.

What's the point of it?  Is it to generate traffic/interest in THIS site?   I guess as a network engineer type and one who dabbles occasionally in 'professional' web development, I ask the question from the perspective of what use is a site whose only purpose seems to be to generate traffic for another site.  In other words, why not just put the time and effort into creating/publishing meaningful content for THIS, the core BadMovies, site.

You might also ask: Will it have the alternative effect of diluting the information on this site?  Will some associate the 'name' BadMovies with the myspace site and NEVER visit here.  I can imagine someone hearing "nowhere else on the 'Net is there more movie knowledge than badmovies.org" and thinking "oh, I've seen that page..." when all they've seen is the myspace page.  All I'm saying is that I can see it causing confusion.

Just wonderin'.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Ash

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 12:07:27 PM »

ulthar Wrote:
Personally, for what it's worth, I find web pages
> with music EXTREMELY annoying.  I tend click off
> such a site immediately, and never visit again.
> Perhaps that's just me.

Yes, It's just you.

What's the point of it?  Is it to generate
> traffic/interest in THIS site?   I guess as a
> network engineer type and one who dabbles
> occasionally in 'professional' web development, I
> ask the question from the perspective of what use
> is a site whose only purpose seems to be to
> generate traffic for another site.  In other
> words, why not just put the time and effort into
> creating/publishing meaningful content for THIS,
> the core BadMovies, site.

I've already stated that it is a companion page that only serves to enhance and bring attention to what is already here.
It was designed to be both a fansite for us regulars and to bring thousands of other Myspace users that would've otherwise never known about us.
I doubt that "thousands" of people wll show up but it's always good to have some new blood.
Plus, the amount of traffic this site sees in a month, Myspace sees in a day!!

Why make it?
Because we could.
And we did.

And Andrew only has so much time on his hands as it is with his family & military duties.

I might also ask: Will it have the alternative
> effect of diluting the information on this site?
> Will some associate the 'name' BadMovies with the
> myspace site and NEVER visit here.  I can imagine
> someone hearing "nowhere else on the 'Net is there
> more movie knowledge than badmovies.org" and
> thinking "oh, I've seen that page..." when all
> they've seen is the myspace page.  All I'm saying
> is that I can see it causing confusion.

Hehe!  Only for the weak minded!

To put it simply ulthar, the average Joe can see that it was created by Badmovies.org fans & friends and he or she will ultimately come here to check out the real thing.

The way I see it, if they're too stupid to realize that www.badmovies.org is a real website that our Myspace page is modeled after, than they're dumber than dirt and wouldn't be welcome here anyway.
You need to relax and stop analyzing s**t so much!
Remember what Ferris Beuller said about that lump of coal?
loyal1
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 12:59:51 PM »

The only person who needs or should have any anal retentive questions and negative comments about why we shouldn't have a badmovies.org myspace page is Andrew and he had all ready given me and skaboi the AOK to set it up.  You don't want to see it or be on it don't!  But unless you are going to help construct it by adding some cool news, blogs, videos, and share this in a positve manner...keep out of it and don't bother with your 2 cents.  It is annoying and tiring.

Let us who want to have our fun with it.  Enough from the cynical peanut gallery all ready! I am actually getting p**sed off lol.

~Leila
ulthar

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 01:04:37 PM »

ASHTHECAT Wrote:
>
> Yes, It's just you. (link to definition for "uptight")
>

So, Ash, let me get this straight.  I'm "uptight" just because I find obnoxious music on web pages extremely annoying and choose, with my own free will, not to visit such sites?

And weren't you the one calling everyone on this board who does not fawn all over myspace "close-minded"?

Flame away, Ash.  Shout me down, like I know you will.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Real Genius
ulthar

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 01:13:05 PM »

Okay, I see how it works now on BadMovies.Org.

Free speech is nice so long as long you say the right things.   Disagree with something and get trampled.

Nice friendly forum we have here these days.  I gotta say, I love the influence MySpace is having on the BadMovies.Org forum already.

--Real Genius
loyal1
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 01:46:32 PM »

That's what I am saying...nice friendly forum we have on here.  For the most part it is negative things said about it and all this reluctance and judging.  If you do not want to be something to contribute to making the most out of it why bother?

It just gets tiring when all Ash did was ask for some help and to check out the site...look at all the negativity pretty much through the whole thing.  He was defending himself more than anything .

Enough all ready.  Your free speecjh was heard over and over again
ulthar

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006, 01:58:14 PM »

What negativity are you talking about?  I've read this entire thread and saw nothing "negative."  Perhaps the negativity was in another thread somewhere?  I must have missed it and certainly was not trying rehash something that's been said before.

My initial comment about the music was in direct response to a message with the subject line "music suggestions."  I thought I'd throw in a couple of other things I thought of, also.  I prefaced my questions with a clear statement that I was not trying to antagonize but was wondering.    This thread had the air about it of looking for input.  So, I gave some input.

Then I got jumped on and insulted.  And basically told to shut up.  It's cool, though.  No hard feelings.  I could not care less about myspace and the myspace page.  I won't read it, nor will I begrudge those that do.

Ya'll have fun with it.

--Real Genius
Ash

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2006, 02:02:43 PM »

ulthar Wrote:
> ASHTHECAT Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------

So, Ash, let me get this straight.  I'm "uptight"
> just because I find obnoxious music on web pages
> extremely annoying and choose, with my own free
> will, not to visit such sites?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.
(glad you noticed my link)  :)
Each new song that auto-plays on a person's Myspace page is a personal statement by that page's creator.
If you don't like it, turn it off.
But before you do, just remember, that person went to some trouble to find that particular song and they put it on there because they want you to hear it.
They want you to know that that's the kind of music they're into.

I've visited hundreds of Myspace pages.
Do I like every song that's played?
No way!  
Hip-hop & Gangsta Rap made after 1993, especially on pages created and ran by caucasian males make me shudder and yes, I do turn that music off.  

Do you know how many cool new bands I've learned of and came to like just because I gave a bit of leeway and let the main page song play?

Come on dude!...Just relax, live life, work hard and have fun!
You super-analyze anything that is thrown your way.

And weren't you the one calling everyone on this
board who does not fawn all over myspace
"close-minded"?

Yes, I admit I did.
But this closed-mindedness that you've shown in this thread is exactly what I was referring to above.
It's from a lot of other people here too.

Just by responding the way you did, you made my point for me.

Flame away, Ash.  Shout me down, like I know you
will.

Ulthar, you ask too much.  :)
(I'm gonna let you off the hook this time)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org Official Myspace Page « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.