Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:47 AM
713349 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org Official Myspace Page « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Badmovies.org Official Myspace Page  (Read 18265 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2006, 02:53:09 PM »

Nobody has told me how to put a youtube clip on the Myspace page. Any suggestions. : )

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2006, 02:59:46 PM »

Scott,
All you need to do is look for the code for whatever you want on the YouTube page itself.
You want the "Embed" code.

Myspace is all about HTML.
Just copy & paste code into whatever Myspace box you want.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2006, 04:18:43 PM »

Well...I visted the page,and,dammit,it is pretty cool.So I got myself a space....I'm kinda old and set in my ways,so naturally I resist change,but an old dog CAN learn new tricks...

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2006, 05:28:33 PM »

Thanks ASHTHECAT. Kinda like any webpage. Just thought it might be different for video.

Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 01:35:04 PM »

Goodness me!  What a discussion.  
I am pretty anti-MySpace, but I just naturally dislike fads.  I must say that Ash made a fine product here.  Good job, man.  

I can't promise I'll do anyting towards the project, but I think its a worthy effort.  I do prefer our little forum home here.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
loyal1
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2006, 01:19:53 AM »

Sweetheart, it doesn't matter how old you are...I can have a good laugh with my 99 year old great grandmother,  Shes full blooded Italian and has an attitude like you wouln't believe.  I am happy you got a page...I will be looking for you. :)
Scottie
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 09:46:12 AM »

So, how about some movies?

___<br />Spongebob: What could be better than serving up smiles? <br />Squidward: Being Dead.
Ash

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2006, 03:41:27 AM »

Thanks to many of you that decided to check out our Myspace page.
When I introduced our page here on this forum, I knew I'd have to walk through a s**tstorm and it actually wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I do not consider Myspace to be a fad.
There's just too many people who use it and there's too many ways for people to customize their pages for it to be a short-lived fad.
I think it will be around for quite a while.
Sure, it may eventually wane in popularity, but I think it will stick around.

My only regret was that so many of you judged it all before you actually tried it.  (and some of you still haven't tried it)

Dean was asking why he should check it out and wanted additional reasons to help convince him.
Dean. I'm afraid that the only way you can truly see what Myspace is all about is to seriously dive into it and see for yourself.
Dean was also concerned about blogs. (he has stated that he already has one & that was his primary concern)
To tell you the truth, I rarely read the blogs on Myspace.  I do read a few, but not many.
For me, it's always been about the music, friends, videos and the amusing comments.

And thanks to Loyal1 & Skaboi for obtaining Andrew's permission.
I was going to do the same but they beat me to it!
I kept wondering to myself if Andrew would get really p**sed off that we created that Myspace page using his website name without his explicit permission.
After all, it was I who decided to rename it, "The Official Badmovies.org Myspace Page" and I did that without asking permission.
I just assumed that since I'd been a regular here for so long, he wouldn't mind.
Thank you Andrew for approving it!

Remember the reaction I got a couple of years ago when this board went down for about a week?  
I created my own temporary message board for us regulars to use until this site came back up?
The resulting backlash against me was furious!
I was accused of trying to steal traffic away and subvert everything that Andrew has created here...which was never my intention.
(I tried searching for that thread but couldn't find it)

When I wrote this particular thread, I knew that I would get resistance...and I most definitely did.
Why do you think I wrote that Official Announcement post?
My intention was never to steal this site's thunder.  Far from it.
Many of you attacked Myspace & I for all the wrong reasons.

Look, I'm a devoted fan of Badmovies.org.
Only a tiny handful of us have remained totally faithful to this site for years & years and I happen to be one of them. (I've been here almost 7 years)
I'd call that serious devotion!
So when you question my motives, I take offense to it.  

I've already sent ulthar an apology via the Private Message feature.
I was kind of hard on him...but at the time I felt he deserved it.  
Maybe we we were both in crappy moods that day (I was) and just butted heads like a couple of mountain goats...it happens!

You know, we're all friends here.
No matter what I say or do, always remember that I do it with good intentions.
Ed, Ego and Superego

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2006, 02:58:31 PM »

Hey Ash,
 Thats a goodly post.  We are all al friends here and you did do a nice job on the page.  Those that don't want it don't have to visit.  I'm indifferent to most web things, but you never know.  I never was a discussion board person either.
We'll make a private bet about the longetivity/faddishness of MySpace and I'll say no more.  See you in a few years on the subject.
-Ed

Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2006, 11:01:36 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: I doubt it can be found on Myspace, but I have a song by the Diamonds called "Batman, Wolfman, Frankenstein or Dracula." It is about a guy who finds out he can "get lucky" taking his dates to scary movies.

Speaking of the Diamonds, if I could find a way to do it, I'd load on to Youtube a video (on VHS) I have of Boris Karloff and Art Carney singing "Little Darlin" on the Dinah Shore Chevy Show. Rumor has it that it inspired Bobby Pickett's Monster Mash.

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Ash

« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2006, 11:21:19 PM »

Ozzy,
I've tried thinking of songs to use and I keep drawing a blank.
That Rob Zombie song was the only thing that I could think of that somewhat gels with the whole idea of this website.

By all means, if you find something, send me a message through Myspace and I'll put it on.
The Badmovies.org Myspace page will be seeing some major changes soon.
So far, it's pretty good but it feels like it's lacking something.
I aim to correct that.

I've also put up a couple of really bad short videos on the site.
Have you watched them yet?
Venom of the Spider is so bad it's good!
And if you find any other bad/good videos on Youtube or another site, please let me know.
I'm always looking for new material to put on it.

You'll also notice that I've brought some really interesting friends to it such as Evil Dead: The Musical, Spooky Empire Inc. and Troma.

I even sent an invite to Mr. Lobo and he accepted!
Ozzymandias
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2006, 01:46:59 PM »

Ozzymandias speaks: That Rob Zombie song is fine. I'll try to make an MP3 of the Diamonds song. It's hokey 50s stuff but it fits us.

I find it's best to watch the videos at work. My home computer takes a while to load. If you go to my page you will find Lawrence Welk dancing with an old lady to Velvet Underground's "Sister Ray."

Ozzymandias has spoken!!!
Astro Jones
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2006, 01:26:44 PM »

How about Torgo's theme from Manos?
Rombles
Dedicated Viewer

Stupid fat hobbit...

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2006, 05:44:08 AM »

ulthar Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Personally, for what it's worth, I find web pages
> with music EXTREMELY annoying.  I tend click off
> such a site immediately, and never visit again.
> Perhaps that's just me.

Yes, It's just you.

Sorry, I have nothing particularly insightful or helpful to add to any Myspace debate here, othere than to say NO, it is not just Ulthar.  I also hate sites that start up with music when first loaded.  That is why my speakers are off, and stay off unless I'm specifically using them for something.  I love music, and have an incredibly diverse collection, and could in no way be accused of narrow-mindedness in my musical taste, but when I'm in the mood for new music I'll actively seek it out - I don't like to have it forced upon me.

Just in case anyone cares.

Brrrrrrrraaaaaaiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnsssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!
Ash

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2006, 02:20:43 PM »

Update...

The Badmovies.org Myspace page is growing daily.
I usually get at least 1-3 new friend requests per day and regular friends are always dropping by to add comments.

I try to keep it updated on a regular basis by adding new videos and spotlighting reviews here.

Trying to find that perfect balance has been somewhat difficult when maintaining the page and it's content.
Some people want hardcore stuff while others like the more subdued approach.
Some people want horror B-movies while others like the Godzilla stuff.
It can be a tightrope sometimes but I just try to walk the line and find that middle ground.
The page isn't the greatest...but it doesn't suck either.
It's always changing and I guess I'm always looking for ways to make it totally kickass.

For those of you who haven't been there yet, definitely check it out.
Here's the URL:
http://www.myspace.com/badmoviesorgmember

And yes, music plays when you go to the page.
I think pages without music are boring.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 04:13:10 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Badmovies.org Official Myspace Page « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.