Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:11:11 PM
714345 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Help With A Movie Title « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help With A Movie Title  (Read 1352 times)
odinn7
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 06, 2006, 01:02:17 PM »

Someone posted this on a different board I'm on and I thought you guys might be able to come up with an answer. Here is what she said:

I saw this nasty film that came out in the 70s.  Here is a description though it's bits and pieces.  I still remember the doll in the doorway.

-Couple travelling in a car on lonesome road hit a child, or they had a child in the car with them.  After the accident child disappears.

-There was a scene of a doll that seemed to walk on it's own.  It was seen standing in a doorway of a livingroom trembling in anger.

-There was a scene where kids were eating cake thatwas decored with black icing and a blood red inside.

-A man went into a room looking for his kids who were asleep.  As he went to each bed they would be either dead or missing.  He saw one turn over and rushed to it, but it was also dead or missing.

I recall it was a very disturbing film, even by today's standards.  It seemed to have a satanic theme, as I recall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 08:03:02 AM »

Come on...you guys can find the answer to any movie title by the most minor descriptions...

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 09:01:07 AM »

Sorry dude...I haven't the foggiest as to what film this is.
It does sound somewhat familiar though.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2006, 05:02:04 AM »

Rings vague bells, did the kids have black finger nails? I seem to remember some 70s horror movie with killer kids or dead kids that involved black fingernails, damned if I can remember the title, but for some stupid reason I remember print ads in the newspaper when I was little, the image in the ad lodged in my head and creeped me out of some evil creepy looking kid menacing a pretty girl on a playgorund slide (I think).

Just to throw some names out there, could it be:

Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things
or
Bloody Birthday

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
odinn7

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2006, 08:34:48 AM »

Do any of you think it's possible that she could be thinking of Children of the Corn?

I mean, I saw that a long time ago and I know it was in the 80's but some of this seems like it might be from that...maybe?

Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 09:27:15 AM »

Nah, Children of the Corn didn't have the birthday cake like you described or anything.

Yaddo mentioned black fingernails, I think that was "The Children".

What you described seems maddeningly familiar!  I just can't place it!

Amanda
akiratubo

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 03:30:31 PM »

I remember the scene with the birthday cake but I was probably about four when I saw it.  Can't remember the title, sorry.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Help With A Movie Title « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.