Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:43:25 AM
714147 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What I've been able to find on Youtube................. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What I've been able to find on Youtube.................  (Read 4402 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: October 04, 2006, 09:38:41 PM »

Been having fun rounding out info on all my favorite subjects on Youtube.

Clips from Horror films and all other genres.

Pro Wrestling - Been able to see all those promotions that use to exist back before Vince McMahon took over with the advance of the satilite and his New York base. Youtube has great clips from Mid-Atlantic Wrestling, Memphis, Louisville, Detroit, Mousouri, Texas, Florida, Mid-South, UWF, Georgia, Pacific Northwest, Vintage b/w, and some AWA action. Never thought I'd get to see all these territories

New World Order/Apocalyptic/Technology/Mind Control/UFO info is vast on Youtube. Some good info that was hard to get hold of in the 80's and 90's, but with the age of the computer is spreading much faster. Before you had (if you were lucky) to know someone who had first hand knowledge of things that are going on, rumors, or maybe the closest thing you heard came from your church. Now the info is becoming more complete and even the History Channel is now only ten years behind on some subjects.

Great speakers. Motivational and Inspirational all on Youtube.

Music Videos on Youtube. Those long lost 80's New Wave and Heavy Metal videos are all available anytime your in the mood. Some video's you haven't seen in 20 years.

Spaghetti Western Trailers. Someone put tons of these rare film trailers on Youtube.

Real Estate Investing video on how to buy and sell property. Stuff you had to pay hundreds for is now free on Youtube.

Martial Arts. All Styles. Some great video on all kinds of technique and matches.

Stand Up Comedy.

All kinds of rare stuff that you thought was lost forever is floating around Youtube and other websites like it.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 09:49:24 PM »

You're right...
You wouldn't believe all the cool stuff people have uploaded to Youtube!

I must've spent at least 2 hours on it the other day just watching videos.
There's tons of stuff on there.

Another good site that's similar to Youtube is LiveDigital.com
Yahoo Videos is also pretty good.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 09:53:54 PM »

the only thing I look for on youtube is mid 90's hip hop videos and helicopter accidents.

I have a bizzare fascination with helicopter accidents.

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Scott

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 10:10:53 AM »

One of my most favorite things are amount of Drum and Bugle Corps on youtube from the 80's and 90's.

Cavaliers Small | Large

Other great Pro Wrestling promotions of the 80's on youtube are from the Carrebean and Japan.

Pro Wrestling: Abdullah the Butcher & Colon vs Brody & Hansen
Small | Large

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 05:12:12 AM »

Curse of the dial-up connection! I want to try rooting around on Youtube but figure with my connection it's not worth the effort/time. This thing is extra fussy lately with the stupid phone lines out here in the boondocks.

I'd love to find the infomerical for Santo Gold. One of the all time cheesest/funniest scams I've seen on late night TV.

PLus the stuff listed above like spaghetti western trailers, videos and some of the wrestling sounds cool. There was some wrestling show from Texas that used to air on WBRC in Birmingham in the late 80s that was the most fun of the ones I used to watch back then.

About the speakers, Scott, are there any from occasional presidential candidate/prison convict Lyndon LaRouche? Stuff of his used to run on a public access station on Sunday afternoons when I used to live in Virginia. Real conspriacy theory stuff that seemed to be about the Bush family and the British royal family controlling the world and financing it through their manipulation of the cocaine trade.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Zapranoth
Eye of Sauron and

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 08:44:30 AM »

Michael Jordan  highlight reels.. amazing stuff.

And Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park.

Some totally sick winners by Roger Federer.

Some bigtime hockey hits.

Lots of utterly incomprehensible manga and ongoing, self-indulgent in-jokes.
Ash

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 08:58:10 AM »

Now it seems that Google might buy Youtube.
Read it here

It says that Youtube users watch 100 million videos daily.
Holy crap!

I wonder what Youtube pays in bandwidth costs.
It must be astronomical.
Neville

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 03:04:01 PM »

I visit YouTube on a regular basis, but mostly following links from this and other message boards. Most of the times they lead to fun or geeky stuff. When I use it on my own, it's mostly to watch music videos or live musical performances. There are enough to found your own MTV look-alike.

I also find it useful when anybody mentions a particular aired incident or a SNL skit, as sooner or later they appear on YouTube or in similar websites, like Google Videos or MetaCafe.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
zombie no.one

Oookaay...

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 06:45:49 PM »

here's a youtube of bad-movie interest:

film trailer for BEACH GIRLS AND THE MONSTER (1964)

Small | Large

^ ^^the links there even though it just says "youtube" in the preview for some reason

you may have to crank up the volume a bit but this had me in creases...anyone seen it?

The Mandela Effect is a Mandela Effect
Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 09:22:06 PM »

Yaddo, we have had DSL for about a year now and it's very good. It's worth an extra $9.00 dollars a month that we spend. If they have it in your area the cable/high speed is even faster I'm told.

Yaddo 42

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2006, 11:36:19 PM »

I've checked, cable modem is my only real option out here (unless I were to try satellite internet, which I'm not willing to at this time: cost, newness, excess bandwidth usage restrictions I've read about). DSL is unavailable through BellSouth (my phone company), and I'm getting sick of AOL DSL ads when I log on, since their DSL is through BellSouth it's out as well.

I'm loathe to deal with Comcast again, they are a lousy cable monopoly in my area, since they want you to buy the bundle deal to get the good price for cable modem access. Going without cable has been a good choice for me life-wise.

Oh well, I may just have to break down, hold my nose and make the switch. The devil you known and all......

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Ash

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 05:19:16 AM »

Google actually bought it for 1.6 BILLION!
I would've given anything to sit in on their brainstorming scheme.
The creators of Youtube are some rich Mofo's!

Do you really think Google will be able to turn it into a profit?
I have my doubts.

I seriously suspect that they wasted their money.
Scott

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2006, 06:53:20 AM »

This could be a good business strategy that will bring more people to google's other internet services. The 1.6 Billion might equal a gain in the end by keeping google at the center of internet activity. The video's themselves might not make the money, but the traffic in and around google's attributes will probably equal a profit.

Yaddo 42

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2006, 04:38:10 AM »

Whenever a pop culture "boomlet" or phenomenon occurs drawings lots of veiws on Youtube advertisers might pay to have their messages displayed with it just like they do with Google searches. Remember that "Lazy Sunday" short from SNL that became very popular, it was reportedly seen much more on Youtube than on NBC. That's a lot of eyes on computer screens that Google or advertisers would love to have, even if only a small portion used their other features like Scott said or followed advertising links.

Plus they may have bought it just to prevent someone else from buying it. Yahoo, NewsCorp, or another big media company. Keep a potential competing product or service out of the hands of someone else. Like when a company buys a manufacturing plant only to shut it down to limit competition, consolidate their hold on the market, or because they can get more from the real estate from other uses or reselling it. Or when a film studio buys another studio because they want some profitable franchise or film back catalogue, and quickly sells of the parts they don't want.

dean

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2006, 11:10:36 AM »

It'll be interesting to see what direction google will take youtube, especially since youtube is probably one of the best sites to come out of the net as a media resource.  And part of the youtube charm is the fact that it's all about the videos and not about the advertising.

I've been able to pretty much find anything to suit my mood, from trippy short films, stupid pranks, to old 80s cartoon openings and comdedy skits.

Fantastic way to waste time.  Plus it's funny how good youtube movies get passed around the net like it's some kind of 'cool currency' that people trade with.

Anyways, it's also a good resource to get an established audience for people who don't have any real skill.

Like this little experiment of mine that I did to pass the time early this year:  
'Bob' Small | Large

Like I said: good resource for those with no talent!

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  What I've been able to find on Youtube................. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.