Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:59:57 AM
713335 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Things You Just Shouldn't Touch « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: OT: Things You Just Shouldn't Touch  (Read 14584 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2006, 07:10:30 AM »

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2006, 12:42:49 AM »

I get nervous every time hafta take a wiz during an electrical storm, 'cause I heard something once about lightning coming in through the copper plumbing, up through the water in the bowl &... well, you know.

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
peter johnson

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2006, 01:18:17 AM »

Dear ASH --
Come again?
What on Earth do you mean that by saying something nice to me/about me, ulthar has somehow insulted the entire thread?  Did he insult me as well, since I'm part of "everyone" here too?
Not sure I follow that, old man . . .
My point stays:  Of course there are infectous threats in the world today, but this thread -- at the beginning at least -- was getting a tad extreme.  I certainly meant no insult to anyone, but I still think that modern America/Western culture can tend to get a tad overly concerned with "dangers' not really manifest.  
This would be an observation, not an attack.  
Scott:  Love the illustration.  I find severed heads don't keep well in my Amana either  . . .
Amanda:  Menstrual cycles produce no more than a tablespoon of actual blood over a seven day period.  While the color may be similar, blood it ain't.  
I have suffered for real from infectous hepatitis and other germy things over the years, primarily as a result of travel and living in Asia,  but my original observation that we're surrounded with it 24/7 stands.  Why aren't we all pitching over dead then?  Because our general health, as products of Western Civilization, is pretty good.  We eat well, we have basic sanitation, we clean ourselves daily -- well, most of us -- and this is enough.
It is not necessary, as some (Not on this board!  Don't take offense!!) have argued, to take a blowtorch to the undersides of our sinks and toilets to insure cleanliness and good health.
If I pitch over dead tomorrow from an improperly sanitized public telephone, then I will apologise to all of you.  Until then, I'll radically declare that those of you using blowtorches and bleach and gloves and kleenexes to open doors and touch things will statistically live exactly as long as those of us who don't bother.
So why bother?
peter filth/denny infection

I have no idea what this means.
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2006, 02:29:47 PM »

(Please believe that I truly hope I can be forgiven for this...)

I am struck by the curious coincidence of PJ's name and his apparent expertise on one area of the subject at hand.

I could not just let that pass...it has been bugging me for days. I suppose I am just being anal.

Make it stop!

Carry on.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
peter johnson

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2006, 12:36:59 AM »

Ah, Newt Newt newt newt newt!!
Indeed, I have made fun of my name for profit on numerous occasions --
Back around '83 to '89 or so, I toured pretty exetensively out West (Colorado/California, etc.) as a standup comic --
The patented opening bit to my standup spots was, after I was introduced by the MC:  "Here he is, Peter Johnson!!", this:
     "That's right, folks, you heard right -- My name IS . . . Peter Johnson.  And that's very unfortunate, because I grew up in a part of the South where BOTH the word "Peter" AND the word "Johnson" were synonymous for the same organ"  (Hold for laugh)
     "Yeah, I grew up with things like:  (Imitates Redneck geek)  "Peter Johnson!  Peter Johnson?  Your name is Peter Johnson??!!  Well, s**t, boy!  Why didn't yo' mama jest name yew "Dick Dick"??!! (Imitates smacking motions)   -- (Ducking from the imaginary blows:) "Aw, c'mon, Dad, cut it out!  . . . (HUGE laugh from crowd . . .).
Yeah, the very name "Peter" in America is fraught with nursery rhyme connotations that upset you, and then as soon as you learn dirty words . . . well . . .
peter johnson/dual genetalia

I have no idea what this means.
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2006, 04:31:38 AM »

The name puts you in good company though, in a postscript to one of his letters, Groucho Marx is supposed to have quipped something like, "Have you ever noticed that Peter O'Toole's name is a double penis reference?"  

Your middle name isn't Richard by any chance, just to complete the hat trick? But I guess you would have mentioned it. Another perfectly good name turned into snickering material.

I did go to high school with a guy whose full name was Charles Perry Burns Cox. So his name was a source of humor that also formed a sentence. Probably the best grammar lesson some of the rednecks there ever had.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Susan
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2006, 07:48:55 PM »

fyi i work in an office where you have to turn a handle to get out of the bathroom. I know firsthand that not all the women flush. After 1 or 2, usually it's the same women. We know who they are. Clearly the doorhandle has more germs since doorhandles never are cleaned. I usually use a paper towel to open the door when leaving. Then problem is there is a second door. So that's why I keep a giant tub of purell on my desk. People used to joke i was a germaphobe. I never get a cold or anything contagious.

I also stopped eating at office spreads after I walked into the breakroom at work and saw an elderly woman who never flushes after #2 helping prepare the tunafish sandwhiches with her bare hands. She then proceeded when finished to lick her fingers from knuckle to tip.

btw purell comes in minature pocket sized tubes.
Susan
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2006, 07:50:34 PM »

Btw, don't ever turn on a black light in your hotel/motel room.

You'll never go on a vacation again
LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 02:20:20 AM »

peter johnson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah, the very name "Peter" in America is fraught
> with nursery rhyme connotations that upset you,
> and then as soon as you learn dirty words . . .
> well . . .
> peter johnson/dual genetalia

I tried breaking into comedy back in the early '90s.
My opening bit was about why I changed my name from Al Strickland to Rick KMD, although I don't quite recallect how the execution went.

I know I had some material work with, such as how there was always some celeb du juor named Al, or how I'm A.P. the fourth, & both my dad & grandpa answered to something else, or how my full first name is Algin, which not only lead to a broad spectrum of mispronunciations & jokes about these mispronunciations, but if you look it up, it's also the name of some type of fungus.

Unfortunately, I was always beat out by the bodybuilding mexican Elvis impersonator with the Micheal Jackson routine.... Well, that & folks were a little turned off by some of of the observations I made about some of the headbangers & dopers I knew, & that story about what really went through my head the first time I wrecked by motorbike... Well, I guess if you never owned one, you wouldn't understand.

Speaking of things you shouldn't touch, has anyone ever thought about how we're taught to cover our mouths with our hand whenever we cough or sneez, & then we go to the doctor to do something about it, & the waiting room is full of other people who've been coghing & sneezing into there hands, & the doctor's left out a bunch of magazines, which've been picked up & touched & fondled by a bunch of people that've been sneezing & coughing into their hands?

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2006, 12:08:58 PM »

I would also add, never watch any of those televison news exposes about what goes on in the kitchen of a restaurant. You'll never eat in a restaurant again.
Susan
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2006, 06:07:58 PM »

My ex said he worked at a mexican restaraunt and was told to dump all the leftover tortilla chips into this bin. He thought it was trash. Unfortunately that was their recycling bin
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2006, 04:44:48 AM »

Recycling tortillas chips is quite common in restaurants, not doing it is probably the exception or only done in higher end places, cutting corners and maintaining profit margins and all.

Just like today's leftover cooked ground beef and hamburger patties becoming the meat in tomorrow's chili. Learned that one from a friend who worked in Wendy's as his first high school job.

After I read "Kitchen Confidential" by Anthony Bourdain, I loaned it to my sister who worked her way through college in places like Red Lobster. She said she could vouch for lots of the bad stuff he wrote about that would apply to food places in general, like avoiding the Sunday Brunch Seafood Special and saving the toughest and worst cuts of steak for people who like theirs "well done". But she said some of it only applied to places that did more from scratch since so much at places like RL was prepackaged. Also she agreed that the bread guys were odd, but good ones could get away with a lot.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Susan
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2006, 09:37:30 AM »

Yeah th wendy's chili is old news. But they don't use meat leftover from what people ate. That's the difference. When you recycle chips you are recycling chips people touched, ate half of and maybe licked the salt off of. Chip may have been on the table or fallen on the floor, picked up and put back in the basket.

The root of that problem lies in portion. Restaurants are famous for giving customers oversized portions of everything. When it comes to the chips and salsa, give a small bowl and then come back and ask if they are done or would like more. That way you dont' have leftovers and you earn your tip.

So much food wastage. Either people fee obligated to clean their plate and contribute to the obesity problem or they don't finish the plate and the restaurant has just hundreds of pounds of wasted leftovers daily to throw out. Portion sizes are getting ridiculous. But i digress
ulthar

I AM serious, and stop calling me Shirley

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2006, 12:47:48 PM »

Susan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> When you recycle chips you are
> recycling chips people touched, ate half of and
> maybe licked the salt off of. Chip may have been
> on the table or fallen on the floor, picked up and
> put back in the basket.
>

Or, like I've seen my sister do, blow her nose into a napkin then put the used napkin into the chip bowl with the chips we were not going to eat.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Professor Hathaway:  I noticed you stopped stuttering.
Bodie:      I've been giving myself shock treatments.
Professor Hathaway: Up the voltage.

--Real Genius
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  OT: Things You Just Shouldn't Touch « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.