Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 09:25:19 PM
714191 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7733 Members
Latest Member: Mamie94489
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-movie moments in real life « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B-movie moments in real life  (Read 2086 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 20, 2006, 04:38:55 AM »

Have you ever experienced or witnessed a moment that belonged in a b-movie in your real life?

This is something I'll never forget (though I had forgotten and I only remembered when Dad talked about it recently):

When I was very, very little, we lived in Florida.  One of our neighbors had an orangutan in his fenced-in back yard.  Occasionally, he would let it in the front yard and chain it to a large, steel stake in the ground because the ape liked to watch what went on in the neighborhood.  He liked cats but wasn't friendly to people he didn't know, dogs, and especially motorcycles.  Two-stroke dirt bikes in particular were high on his hate list.

One of the older boys in the neighborhood had a two-stroke bike and would torment the orangutan by doing doughnuts and flinging dirt on him.  The orangutan would strain at the end of his chain, trying to attack the bike until his owner would chase the boy away.

Now, let me tell you the most important detail of this little story.  The boy had coaxed the orangutan to the end of his chain one day so he would know the limit of the ape's reach.  One day, the orangutan's owner bought a nice, shiny new chain ...

I and Dad witnessed this happen:

The new chain was a little longer, just long enough for the orangutan to grab the boy's dirtbike by the back wheel when he was doing a burnout and throwing dirt on the ape.  The wheel stopped, the bike's engine sputtered out, and the orangutan yanked it out from under the boy.  It proceeded to completely wreck the bike with its bare hands.  The boy watched, shouting helplessly as the ape tore off pieces of his precious bike.  After a few seconds, the orangutan decided to start throwing pieces of the bike at the boy, who finally got wise and ran home.

Now that's a real-life b-movie moment if I ever heard one.

(The orangutan's owner reportedly sold him to a shelter for primates to avoid the animal being destroyed after this incident.)

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
odinn7

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 12:52:25 PM »

That's an awesome story and I can picture it.

My B Movie moment was documented here last year...the killer squirrels...

Attack of the Squirrels

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 09:02:52 PM »

loyal1
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 01:41:08 AM »

When I was a kid about 9-10 years old, my mom and step father and I lived in this small old apartment above an antique store.  I never liked that place and we didn't stay longer than a year and a half...and for good reason.  My most vivid memory was being up bawling my eyes out because of all the flies on my window in my bedroom.  At first there were quite a few, but my mom would kill them off and my step father tried to seal off anyplace they might be getting in.  One night when I was crying, it was really bad.  There were so many...and just on my window.  I would say about 15-20 of them.  My mom started looking worried and tears welling up.  She kept saying "what is going on?" "I don't understnd it".  Shortly after that night, we were out of that place.  It wasn't until I was older that my mom talked more about that place and weird and strange things she saw and heard...my step dad too.  All she could think of that night when I was crying was the movie Amnyville Horror.

After that we moved into a two family house in Brockton, and that place was haunted too...but in a different way.  It seems the tenneants upstairs got a lot more spook than we ever did.  Some moved out in a heart beat.  Even I didn't like it up there.  I think the worse was when a couple with a little girl lived upstairs...she had a special friend she would talk to at night...started after they moved in.  They also told me they would here a little girl giggle and running through the hall way, but when they got up to check on their daughter she was sound asleep.

There is much more to tell about that house, but I'll be here all night if I get into all that...but I will leave you with this, one day my step father was doing the stairs (he's a mason) on the front of the house and this old guy walking buy he never met began small chit chat with him.  My step father is respectful of elders and friendly so he appeased him and took a small break.  Then the old man asks him about the house and said to my step father "Did you know there is an old pilgrim buriel ground on this street?"  My step father was taken aback "No way? Really?" and thinking to himself...well that explains a lot.  Later my step father talked to some neighbors about what he heard and described the old man seeing if anyone knew him.  Not one person knew that old man or what he was talking about.  My step father never saw or heard of him since.

Now that could have been out of a Steven King novel..lol.  But seriously...weird s**t happened there and made a firm believer out of me.
Dr. Whom

Cthulhu for president! Why choose the lesser evil?

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 11:00:59 AM »

Well, I told about my encounter with mormon crickets in the 'Terrifying moments' thread.

"Once you get past a certain threshold, everyone's problems are the same: fortifying your island and hiding the heat signature from your fusion reactor."

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! ... Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  B-movie moments in real life « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.