Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:18:47 PM
713371 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horrorfest: 8 Films To Die For (2006) « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Horrorfest: 8 Films To Die For (2006)  (Read 12115 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: October 26, 2006, 03:05:30 PM »

This preview has been showing at the theaters and on TV for a couple weeks and looks good. Anyone know anything about it? Plays in November. Are they going to charge for each movie or is it just one film?

8 Films To Die For Small | Large

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 05:55:54 PM »

They look good, like the kind of horror you get today, but with the scares you got in the 70's and 80's. I'm sure they'll be out on DVD in about a month though.

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
wozardking
New Visitor

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 04:12:36 AM »

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Horrorfest%3A+8+Films+To+Die+For&btnG=Google+Search
Scott

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 05:14:21 AM »

Wonder if they are going to charge $8 a movie. If it's $8 a film then we have to figure out which are the top 2 or 3.

These films sound really crazy. Like nobody would touch them because of the content. Did you think it's just an ad gimic or are these really that creepy?

Joe
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 01:39:18 PM »

I almost think these films are just a gimic like you suggested, I might go see one or let someone else go and pay the money first heh.  But if it is as creepy as they advertise, I would be there with bells on to watch all of em.  Don't know but can't wait to find out.
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 03:54:02 PM »

Scott, I have keeping my eye on this and it plays movies for 3 day, Nov 17-19 to be exact. I check their website and it looks like you have to pay for each. here the site http://www.horrorfestonline.com/index.html

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Tonya Wright
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 03:59:44 PM »

Where are these movie going to be show at
and how can I get tickets
Scott

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2006, 11:03:59 PM »

Thanks Rich Andrini.

At your local theater Tonya Wright.

Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 10:12:06 AM »

There is a listing of theaters on the website.  I haven't checked in in awhile, but none were local to me.  I'm in Texas and there were only two theaters - El Paso (not a chance.  I could drive home to Minnesota in about the same time! haha.) and Edinburg.  I think that is the other side of Dallas, and about 2.5 hours from me.  So that's a maybe.  If I can convince someone to go with me.

Amanda
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

They're playing in Huntsville according to the link, so it's actually a possibility I could go, say if I stayed with family there and made a weekend of it. Nice to have the option anyway.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 08:35:38 AM »

It's playing in Jacksonville, here in NC.  I'm debating over going.  If I do, I'd like to see all 8 films in a row, and just make a day out of it.  I don't know if that is an option or not.  I don't want to drive 2hrs each way just to see a few of the films.  I'd rather be there for 16 hours.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2006, 11:28:55 AM »

Skaboi, sccording to the site, they are playing the films 3 a day. I had thought about doing a marathon for fun and had looked into it but I saw it looks like 3 movies per day, shown twice, and paid for as separate movies. I would love to see them though but if you can only see a few...how do you choose which ones and not feel like you will be making a mistake and missing the really good ones? lol

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2006, 11:38:53 AM »

Odinn,

I'll pass then man.  If it was a one shot thing with all of the films being shown in order, then I'd be there.  Otherwise, with the films being shown 3 at a time.....I'll skip it.  I'll wait till the DVDs of the films hit.....I doubt they're much good anyway.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
odinn7

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2006, 02:37:09 PM »

I was thinking pretty much the same thing. Wait for the DVD's to make it to Ballbuster.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Jack
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 06:09:48 PM »

I keep seeing that ad about "Each year, there are films produced, that are too scary for the general public" and it makes me think, huh?  Wouldn't they just edit out whatever wasn't suitable for "the general public"?  I mean, that's what they do with most movies to get whatever rating they're after.  I can't imagine a film not being released simply because it's too scary.

It sounds a lot more to me like "Each year, there are films produced, that are so bad the studio doesn't even bother to release them".  Until they come up with a publicity campaign for them.

Who knows, I may be wrong.  Just what it sounds like to me.

The world is changed by your example, not by your opinion.

- Paulo Coelho
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Horrorfest: 8 Films To Die For (2006) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.