Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 01:01:06 AM
714254 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7736 Members
Latest Member: ShayneGree
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Name for Evil (1970-73?) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: A Name for Evil (1970-73?)  (Read 2056 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: October 27, 2006, 09:00:28 PM »

A NAME FOR EVIL (1970-73?) - Wow, interesting film starring Robert Culp and Samantha Eggar. The film is really a strange ghost story of sorts or at least it first seems. The film is a little more introspective than a simple ghost story. Over at imdb.com the reviews are just terrible, but I couldn't find anything wrong with the film. The film seems to have been buried for years and is perhaps the reason for the confusing date of the film. My box cover says 1970 and imdb says 1973. Maybe it was released during that year. I can see why the film didn't play on TV because its really out there. Bought this film distributed by Diamond Entertainment for $2.13 at Suncoast. Guess they wanted to just get rid of it, but I tell you that anyone on this messageboard will find it interesting to say the least.

LilCerberus
A Very Bad Person, overweight bald guy with a missing tooth, and

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 11:34:46 PM »

I've seen this on VHS. It left me scratching my head for the most part.

Still, that shot of the sun reflecting off the water just before & right after the opening credits always gets me. (No spoilers, but it's a joke.)

"Science Fiction & Nostalgia have become the same thing!" - T Bone Burnett
The world runs off money, even for those with a warped sense of what the world is.
Scott

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 05:02:17 AM »

It's a story about this guy who leaves the city and his job with his wife to live in the country and all kinds a weird things happen. Like the spirit who keeps telling him to leave, the white horse, the old house location, and the night event in the woods. This is actually a very unique film.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 12:44:50 AM »

I actually saw part of this on TV late at night within the past two years (SciFi late Sunday/early Monday? TNT? Turner South?) Had a creepy vibe to it but somewhere I lost thread to it changed the channel and couldn't get back into it when I came back.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Scott

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 04:12:39 PM »

Well, if it was on commercial TV then I'm sure it was cut tremendously. Beside Robert Culp giving us about 5 minutes of the "full monty" (not that this is a good thing in itself, but it is part of the film) as well as the thing in the woods and the underwater scene that would leave only about 45 minutes of film for regular TV. These scenes actually add to this odd story. You would have lost interest with a TV version for sure.

Yaddo, find the Diamond Entertainment copy.

Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 06:18:01 AM »

Thanks, when I saw it and I'm sure now it was Turner South late at night, that was when they tended to show the lesser known stuff I hadn't seen before, my favorite thing about the channel when we finally got it here. Until I heard some of the dialogue edits, I was convinced it was a TV movie like "Spectre".

No wonder it seemed disjointed if all the stuff you say is in the full film wouldn't make the TV edit.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A Name for Evil (1970-73?) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.