Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:46:55 AM
714324 Posts in 53094 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone Seen these three movies.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone Seen these three movies....  (Read 2163 times)
daveblackeye15
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: October 29, 2006, 06:25:51 PM »

I'm fishing this boards opinion on two movies I was tempted to rent.

1) Beast of Bray Road

Interested because of the cover, i know a bad way to judge movies, especially these days.

2) Undead.

Interested becaues I like good zombie movies.And the cover said it was the most imagentive zombie movie since "Brain Dead"

3) Can't remember the title but I swear it was among the lines of  "Something- Eaters" The cover showed a sharp toothed little head coming up from the bottom of the cover. Again the cover looked interesting.

Anyone seen these?

Oh yeah and sadly all the copies of Slither were already rented. So I was sad.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 07:32:53 PM »

Hey Dave, I saw Beast of Bray Road a while back on  SciFi band posted a short review.

Beast of Bray Road

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 09:05:41 PM »

I guess I won't be springing for that one then. Nice cover better than average I must say.

Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 11:11:34 PM »

I have also been interested in "Undead," having run across the cover and description as well.

Was the third film also more modern?  If not, could it have been "The Flesh Eaters" (1964)?  If that was the film, I would definitely say to give it a try.  In some ways it is your normal late 50's or early 60's b-movie, but there are some surprisingly gory parts.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
daveblackeye15

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 11:45:55 PM »

No. The very vague movie I'm thinking about was in the new release section. It was like a worm with sharp needle teeth.

Maybe the title wasn't even flesh eaters at all.

dean

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2006, 02:57:02 AM »

I enjoyed Undead, but I'm biased since I'm not only a zombie fan, and love any zombie film no matter how crap it is [and there are a lot of crap ones to watch] and that I'm Australian, and all that.

It's low budget, has some terrible acting in parts, but it has a great sense of humour and despite the fact that it is low budget, some of the effects aren't half bad.  It's worth a look, but it sure as hell isn't the best zombie film you'll ever see, so I'd steer you away from getting your expectations too high.

Still, watch it you must!

As for the otheres, not too sure about them, but I also went to rent Slither the other night and it was out, so had to settle for Nightwatch and the Da Vinci Code.  Nightwatch is one I'm looking foward too, and will hopefully watch it tonight.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
daveblackeye15

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2006, 07:03:53 PM »

Oh yeah. I planned on renting Night Watch but I saw it was rated R.

I was worried that this was a cut R from an Unrated version. Since I heard of a few of the things that happened in the movie.

So it's always been rated R?

dean

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2006, 09:30:01 PM »

Nightwatch is rated MA15+ here which is a step below R18+ in Australia.  R18+ was reserved for the likes of fairly full on films, either in language [like Clerks] themes [such as Mysterious Skin] or just plain violence,  whereas MA15+ I think is the equivalent of R in the states, but don't quote me on that.  I'm sure a quick search will find the differences.

Funnily enough,  have a feeling that it was rated R18+ here when it came out at cinemas, just like Kill Bill Vol 1 and Three Kings, and then when it was released on DVD it was re-rated.  I'm not sure if that's because things were cut out, or if there's different classifications/relaxed standards for DVDs/VIdeos here though.

------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch
Shadowphile
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2006, 11:08:13 PM »

Undead is a great movie.  It has a nice double twist ending.  Watch for the scene where the gun nut produces a pair of pistols from behind his back WHILE BARE ASS NAKED......
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Anyone Seen these three movies.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.