Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:31:25 AM
713383 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Ghosthunters ever « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Worst Ghosthunters ever  (Read 2663 times)
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« on: November 02, 2006, 11:18:38 PM »

I know this is a badmovie board, but I have to point out that quite possibly the worst hour of television in the history of television aired Tuesday night when Ghosthunters had their live show.  It was one of those things where I knew it was going to be bad, but I just had to watch anyway to see how bad it was.  Well I did watch, for a while, but even my B-movie trained patience eventually gave way.  I decided I would rather stare at a brick wall for 15 minutes.  At least then I wouldn't have to hear non-actors try to ad lib for one solid hour.  That show made the Star Wars Christmas special look like pure genius.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2006, 05:46:57 AM »

After hearing a lot of you guys talk about how much you like these Ghosthunter shows, I decided to give it a shot and watched some of the live Halloween show.

Bmeansgood is right...I would rather stare at a brick wall or even watch paint dry.
This was just awful.
I watched about 20 minutes of it and changed the channel.

I hope the regular show is better than this live show was.
I've never seen the regular show...one of these days I'll have to tune in and check it out.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2006, 02:36:44 PM »

Why did you dislike it ASH? I don't have cable so I can't watch it if it ever repeats.

Really dumb, corny, or you just feel really embarrased to watch it?

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:37:58 PM »

Didn't know they had a live episode on this week. Good thing I didn't because I probably would have watched. Even Wednesday nights show was dull as they only caught a couple of questionable voices for the whole hour. Once in a while they have a bad show even on the regular ones. My wife watched this week and it was a dud. Every time she watches nothing happens. I always tell her that it's a good show and nothing happens the nights she watches. Watching the show is like reporting a ghost sighting and when you go to show someone nothing is there. : )

odinn7

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 08:41:26 AM »

The live episode was 6 hours long...6 HOURS....even many of the rabid fans on the site didn't like it. It was a poor idea from the start but was designed to compete with Most Haunted who does a live Halloween show every year. There were a few problems that the live show faced right from the start. One was the exec decision at NBC to include a wrestler as a guest star to help tie ECW which is aired on SciFi. The next was that this was poorly thought out. Next was that it was a live show but they decided to add music to it...music when you're trying to hear things. Finally...the painful reality is that most of the time, ghost hunting is boring as hell. Once the excitement of sitting in the dark wears off, if you don't experience anything...it's boring. To have them walk around for 6 hours and look for something to happen was just asking to bore people and p**s them off.
As I said, even many of the rabid fans disliked the show. I watched 2 hours of it because I was responsible for moderating the board at that time. If I hadn't had the responsibility, I wouldn't have made it beyond a half hour.

As far as the regular season shows, if you think about it, there needs to be boring ones now and then. If they all had something exciting and worthwhile in them, people would start to question how real the show actually is.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Bmeansgood
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 06:02:44 PM »

I agree.  If they found something every week then they would lose what small shred of credibility there is to the show.  Of course I criticize, but it is still my favorite show.  In fact it is the only show I will record if I am not around to watch it.

When I made my first post I didn't realize the show was on for 6 hours.  I have a feeling even the moms of any TAPS member couldn't watch the whole show.
daveblackeye15

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 07:13:03 PM »

Man Scott you're so mean to your wife some times. :D

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Just Plain Horse
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 11:44:54 AM »

(:D Man, I heard about this beforehand and steered clear of it, but I can't imagine how mind-numbingly dull that was... 6 hours?!?! I guess that only shows the paranormal doesn't translate well onto television. Seriously, what idiot came up with the idea to do a live show??? I'm going to be laughing about this for sometime...
Newt
Mostly Harmless. Mostly.

I want to be Ripley when I grow up.

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 12:35:33 PM »

No no no!  By far the worst ghosthunting-type show ever is "Girly Ghost Hunters" - man oh man what pointless dreck.

"May I offer you a Peek Frean?" - Walter Bishop
"Thank you for appreciating my descent into deviant behavior, Mr. Reese." - Harold Finch
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst Ghosthunters ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.