Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:47:45 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Feast" - Spoilers Warning « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Feast" - Spoilers Warning  (Read 5275 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 06, 2006, 06:16:33 PM »

I watched "Feast" and have to say that, overall, it was good.  Not high art by any case, but an entertaining film and a good addition to the genre of "monsters on a rampage for no other reason than to cause havoc."  I prefer it to "Demon Knight" and think that it even edges out "From Dusk Till Dawn."  However, I often get bored with vampire movies (a quirk of mine), so that could be due to bias.

*SPOILERS FOLLOW*

The quick readout pages displayed for the characters worked well.  Heck, the ones for some, like the Hero, made me laugh.  I also appreciated how the real action started about ten minutes in, because low-budget monster films that hold off until the middle to unleash their mayhem are annoying.  (Let's not even get into "New Moon Rising" and how long the monster took to appear in that.)  

For the monsters, I was comfortable with my first impressions of how they looked.  After realizing that they were covered by piles of blankets and animal skulls I was a little disappointed.  Once uncovered, it was good.  They looked suitably mean and nasty.  Still, when I first thought they were very misshapen and somewhat bulky, that was neat and inventive.

Ability-wise, the monsters were uneven.  They could slice through the Harley-mom's leg or punch through a person, but were unable to put a hole in the cheap shutters on the windows.  They were plywood or masonite (something like that), why couldn't the monsters demolish them?  I retrospect, my guess is that, at the time, the monsters were just screwing with the people trapped inside.

I really want to know what the writers had against beer delivery guys.  My goodness, that character was absolutely tortured.  In addition to being hit with projectile vomit/digestive fluid (twice), there was the twisted scene with his eyeball. (What gigantic tendon is attached to the human eye?)  I even felt sorry for him.  More than I can say for the inspirational speaker character, because he had to die or else I might have.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 06:25:02 PM »

I saw this one recently and enjoyed it myself. To answer your question about the beer guy being so tortured the movie seems to try blow some cliches that horror movies seem to carry. The beer guy is a lovable loser who usually comes through at the end Not in this movie it seems. Also remember what happens to the kid in the beginning.

I liked the inspirational speaker because I'm a huge Henry Rollins fan. My Favorite band is Black Flag.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 06:34:47 PM »

*Argh - There Be Spoilers Ahead*

I too loved Feast.

I followed it's making during the last season of Project Greenlight and have been looking forward to it ever since.  I love the character cards that introduce the characters to the audience.  Most are quite funny, especially the card for the hero, considering his immediate demise.

I love that they turned around a lot of cliches in the film.  It starts off with Tuffy having the kid...kids never get killed in horror films....and then he gets completely destroyed about five minutes later.  At that point, I knew I was in for a hell of a film.

I wish that "Beer Guy" had a bigger role in the film.  For some unknown reason, I'm a big Judah Friedlander fan.  I think the guy can be pretty damn hilarious.

It is nice to see Clu Gulager working again though.  We need more films with him.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:01:26 AM »

Might rent FEAST after I pick up SLITHER and WOLF CREEK.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 06:37:47 AM »

Saw this...loved it!

*SLIGHT SPOILERS*

I made the mistake of eating dinner while watching this.
Bad idea.
Roasted chicken and a baked potato don't mix well with nasty blood & guts.
If you love gore, you'll get plenty of it here.

Best line in the movie, "Monster cock in the door!"
I about fell out of my chair during that scene.

Also, that scene in the end where they hold the door down on top of the monster...Tuffy hit it 54 times in the head with the butt of that shotgun.
I backed the DVD up and counted.

And they never did reveal what the monsters were.
Were they aliens or a genetic experiment gone wrong?

Either way, I didn't care.
This film was great!

"Gimme a hug!"
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 10:04:49 AM »

I am a big Judah Friedlander fan too.  Have you see a movie called "Southern Belles"?  It's really funny, and his character, to me, is hilarious.  

I just loved Feast.  I'd been waiting for it, and I went to Hastings the minute they opened to get it.  I even considered going to the midnight release at Hastings, but my husband vetoed that.  

I am a Henry Rollins fan, so I enjoyed watching him play the Life Coach.  Pink sweatpants, oi.

Amanda
odinn7

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 11:23:32 AM »

I thought this movie was great. It was fun, gory, and it kept me entertained until the last minute.
I thought that the Henry Rollins character was hilarious and I loved his motivational speeches.
This movie did not let me down as so many do these days.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 08:28:12 PM »

Might have to put FEAST above SLITHER and WOLF CREEK. It's starting to sound good. :)

odinn7

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 12:22:13 AM »

Yes Scott...do that...you won't be sorry.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You're not the Devil...You're practice.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 12:17:01 PM »

An interesting thing is that I never watched any of Project Greenlight.  From what I have heard, doing so would have given me an even better impression of "Feast."  The people who watched the third season said that the production crew went through heck to make this movie.  You would never be able to tell that they had so many problems, because it does not seem disjointed or haphazard.

54 times?  Ash, you are dedicated.  I tried counting, but quickly gave up.  Part of that was from me starting to think, "How many times is she going to hit him?"

***BIG SPOILER COMING***

I was really caught by surprise when Bozo shot the Heroine (#1).  It was a good way to put right what happens in many movies.  People can hit what they are aiming at, until it is a main character who surprised them.  Then they shoot and miss by inches.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 12:24:25 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
daveblackeye15

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 02:12:08 PM »

Oh hey, this is the movie I was talking about. The one I tried remembering the title to along with "Undead" and "Beast of some road" glad to here it sounds pretty good.

Now it's time to sing the nation anthem IN AMERICA!!!

Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh the Abridged Series (episode 12)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  "Feast" - Spoilers Warning « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.