Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 12:07:32 AM
714351 Posts in 53095 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The A-Team Movie (Real) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The A-Team Movie (Real)  (Read 6830 times)
Olivia Bauer
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: March 29, 2010, 09:20:20 AM »

No Mr. T? BLASPHEMY!

Why in the hell would they make a movie based on a show that's older than dirt? Even A-Team fans wouldn't want to see a movie in 2010.

Film Data: http://www.movieweb.com/movie/FIdKPeih0Xbggg

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 09:57:49 AM »

Why would they make a movie based on a show that's older than dirt? They made movies based on television shows far older than The A Team:

S.W.A.T.
The Beverly Hillbillies
The Brady Bunch
The Addams Family (one could argue it was based on the comic strip)
Speed Racer
Scooby Doo

Need I go on?

I'm sure if they do, it will be just as inane and insipid as the ones I mentioned above.

I don't always talk about bad movies, but when I do, I prefer badmovies.org
JaseSF
Super Space Age Freaky Geek
B-Movie Kraken

Soon, your brain will turn to jelly.

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 11:52:18 AM »

Well The Addams Family films weren't so bad really. At least they were well cast. The rest I agree with you on.

"This above all: To thine own self be true!"
JPickettIII
A BAD MOVIE IS A TERRIBLE THING TO WASTE!
Bad Movie Lover

HELP! WE ARE STUCK IN A GOOD MOVIE!!!

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 11:55:53 AM »

No Mr. T? BLASPHEMY!

Why in the hell would they make a movie based on a show that's older than dirt? Even A-Team fans wouldn't want to see a movie in 2010.

Well at least the A-Team is not driving a Hybrid mini-van.  BounceGiggle  That would be funny if they show up in a 30 MPG soccer mom van to save the day.

\\\\\\\"Freedom is not free\"\\\\\\ or ///\"Where ever you go, there you are!\"///
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »

I'm an A-Team fan and I'm interested in seeing this. 
Olivia Bauer

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »

No Mr. T? BLASPHEMY!

Well at least the A-Team is not driving a Hybrid mini-van.  BounceGiggle  That would be funny if they show up in a 30 MPG soccer mom van to save the day.

HEADLINE

A-TEAM KILLED IN PRIUS CRASH

Jim H

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 01:29:28 PM »

Well The Addams Family films weren't so bad really. At least they were well cast. The rest I agree with you on.

I think the Brady Bunch films are pretty inspired, by keeping the 50s style innocence but sticking them in a contemporary corrupt setting, they really got some good stuff out of the idea.  And the casting in it was spot on. 

Likewise, I think Speed Racer is an excellent film. 

As far as the A-Team film...  It looks to be like it'll be a fairly entertaining Hollywood action film (Joe Carnahan can do this type of material, even if Smoking Aces is pretty bad), with a couple good performances, but not a whole lot like the A-Team.  I mean, it's obviously going to have the A-Team killing lots of people, and probably have none of the total silliness or campiness of the original series.  Not to mention Baracus will have none of Mr. T's charm. 

Sorry, but one of the worst trends in recent years is casting MMA fighters in action films.  Just because you can fight and do good stunt work doesn't mean you can act or even have screen presence/charisma.  Casting pro wrestlers like they used to makes a LOT more sense.
WingedSerpent

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 01:54:15 PM »

Sort of looking forward to this.  If I miss it in theaters I won't really care, but I do want to see it.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
Chainsawmidget
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 02:09:58 PM »

Not to mention Baracus will have none of Mr. T's charm. 
That right there is the biggest worry.  Mr. T managed to pull off an over the top tough guy with a heart of gold to a ... well, T. 

AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »

I don't know about the other guys, but Liam Neeson as Hannibal Smith is interesting. I never would have thought of that, but he looks the part, he can act, and I think he's often overlooked as an action hero. He was great in Taken. I think if he can bring that level of stone cold badassedness, tempered with a little bit of camp, Hannibal will at least turn out all right.

Really, that's the challenge with this movie. I can see it being too much serious action without enough lighthearted fun (like Death Race) or camped up to the point where you can't take it seriously enough (Transformers). The A-Team, and its characters fall pretty much halfway in between.

It looks like there are a few good names behind it, and nobody who sets off any immediate alarm bells. If I'd seen Bay, Boll, Anderson or McG, I'd be giving up on this one, but I'll keep an open mind.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 03:14:06 PM »

That right there is the biggest worry.  Mr. T managed to pull off an over the top tough guy with a heart of gold to a ... well, T. 

Not to mention a chest of gold.

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2010, 11:13:57 PM »

Eeeeeewww... I don't know why but that sound disgusting...

Flick James

Honorary Bastard of Arts

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2010, 03:30:08 PM »

I was talking about his plethora of gold jewelry. What were YOU thinking?

Olivia Bauer

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 11:26:24 PM »

I was talking about his plethora of gold jewelry. What were YOU thinking?

I know you mean his bling. There are just some thoughts you can't get out of my sick teenage head. Face it, we live in an era where you can hear a 5-year-old say "That's what she said".

Maybe it's because I think chest hair is gross.

Jim H

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 11:49:06 PM »

Since this came out, and I was VERY hesitant about BA, I do feel a slight update in this thread is worth the time.

Jackson did a fine job, far better than I hoped.  While the development for his character is still light and he has a few cheesy lines, Jackon's performance is solid through and through, and he actually gets the most development of any of the team. 

Fine job.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The A-Team Movie (Real) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.