Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:59:10 PM
714217 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7734 Members
Latest Member: BlackVuemmo
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wolf Creek (2005) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wolf Creek (2005)  (Read 2518 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: November 11, 2006, 11:12:26 PM »

WOLF CREEK (2005) - Good Australian horror film about three people driving through Western Australia. Nice images of Australia remote area's were this serial killer preys on tourist who visit Wolf Creek Crater. It has the feel of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE without Leather Face and family, but this Aussie psycho and remote region give this one a different flavor to a story that is based on a true incident. The film starts out not so interesting then when they get to the crater the movie picks up. The film had me telling the victims what to do during their escape attempts for instance when you see dead bodies hanging on the walls around you and you have a gun in your hand you don't hesitate to kill the one trying to carve up your friend. Good film if you haven't seen many horror films.

Thumbup Thumbup 8 out of 10 (If you don't compare this film to other similiar films like it then it can be a 8 out of 10)

I'm going to put this film along with two other films that have a similiar look and feel. These are all good horror films with a similiar cinemagraphic style even though they are made in different countries. 

• THE DESCENT
  • HIGH TENSION
  • WOLF CREEK
« Last Edit: November 11, 2006, 11:45:37 PM by Scott » Logged

Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 08:04:20 AM »

I'm in the middle when it comes to Wolf Creek.  Didn't hate it......didn't love it.

I liked the killer, and he was about the only good thing for me.  I hated that the characters were so stupid.  Who would actually decide to look through the video cameras rather than escape in a car? 

I'd say it was about a 5/10 for me.  I know I reviewed it on here a few months ago, but I don't recall what I rated it then.  It's not something I'll watch again.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:47:06 PM »

I'm being kind by giving it a 8 out of 10. The remoteness and the killer are the only things that made the film work. Other than that it would have been a real poor film. The serial killer was well done. He seemed like such a nice outback kinda guy trying to help and when he did show his bad side it was uniquely done.

BeyondTheGrave

Punks not Ded sez Rich

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 03:07:46 PM »

This was  borderline with me. I did love the villian but their was some really stupid scenes that should have been done better.

What I have been noticing with new horror flims like this and Hostel is that with these main charaters (victims) they spend alot of time in the first half of the flim trying to bulid up the charaters to make them interesting and you still don't care for them anyway.

Most of all I hate dancing then work,exercise,people,stupidpeople

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Wolf Creek (2005) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.