Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:23:48 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battlefield Earth « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Battlefield Earth  (Read 14140 times)
Masked_Maverick
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 02:22:12 PM »

I've crapped better things than this film. I had to force myself to finish watching this movie. Back when I saw it I didn;t know it was a scientology fluff piece but now that I now it makes me want to stay as far away from this crappy movie as possible.
That_Az_Guy
New Visitor

« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 07:11:08 PM »

I thought that this movie was great because it was so poor. Even with the sometimes bad acting, plot holes (how are the barbarians speaking to eachother on the VTOL without any intercoms?) and the name of the hero (Johnny Goodboy, right?) the movie had plenty of moments that were memorable, such as the chase through the factory with no breathable Earth air and the whole knowledge machine bit or... OUR FRIEND THE BARTENDER! All leading to a head over the colony and a bomb in deep space. Man has overcome the alien invasion and thrown aside all difference! And the moral?

Leverage!

This film sets the record for the most time anyone has ever said "leverage" in a movie. The best thing is that it's a hand-for-a-hand in this film world and our now-friendly Psychlo gets to have the last words: "But at least you've finally got your gold."

Farewell to arms, John Travolta, from Stubby K.

People tell me that they can't watch b-movies because they're bad. I can't tell them how redundant that is.
WingedSerpent
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I AM THE BAD PHOTOSHOP EFFECT!

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2007, 11:07:26 PM »

Probably won't get seen ecause I'm on the third page, but this is a true story . 

Couple of friends and me were in a book store just before this movie came out.  I noticed Hubbard's book and not knowing that the book came first mentioned that the movie could be spoiled because the novelization was already out.  A man overheard me and asked what book I was talking about.  I told him Battlefeild Earth and he said

"Do not read the book, it sucks. I know, I bought it twice"

I still laugh when I think about it.

At least, that's what Gary Busey told me...
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2007, 02:06:57 PM »

I haven't seen the movie, though I did read the book.  I only got half way through it, that thing needed to be edited down by 50%, though otherwise it was enjoyable in a bad sci-fi way.  LRH either needed to make a 3 book series out of it (still with lots of editing) or just cut out the second half of the book and still edit lots. Buggedout

I think there have only been 3-4 book that I have never gotten all the way through, and this is one of them.
soundtransit
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007, 02:25:15 AM »

I will not attempt to watch this movie.  I might be exposed to the e-meter and have someone take my emgrams.  A hero by the name of Johnny B. Goode means a goofily bad movie. ... HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Battlefield Earth « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.