Main Menu

Boy that was some sucky weather

Started by Andrew, November 16, 2006, 07:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Today I drove home through the storm that has been dumping rain on Baltimore after spawning severe weather in other parts of the country.  There was five or six inches of water in a number of places (lower areas) - so much that it was over the curb and onto the sidewalk.  Not too much wind, just a lot of rain.
Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org

Scott

We've been getting a lot of wind and rain here in Southern New Jersey. Kinda fun with the wind except the 9 people who perished down South. The weather is also warm almost balmy.

Menard

Weird. Down here in Kentucky we had a decent start to the day, but the temps started dropping as it wore on and we had light to moderate rain.

Dang, I sound like a weatherman.

dean

We're in the middle of a crippling drought here, but earlier this week it rained on and off for three odd days, which was the most rain I've seen for a little while.

Interestingly enough here in Melbourne we constantly have to grin and bear the odd weather patterns here.  Yesterday it hit about 7 degrees celcius with rain, then really cold wind, then warm sunshine, then rain again, sun again, then hail.  Some places even got a little snow and we pretty much never get snow.  Melbourne is known for having 'four seasons in one day' I suppose.  Consider that last week we almost hit 30 degrees celcius and you understand how nutty the weather is been lately...

A little more rain would be nice, otherwise our water-restrictions are going to get worse, so I guess whilst people get annoyed at a downpour, most people are generally happier on average when it does rain, because that's really good news.

I'm dreading summer because it's really going to get insanely hot and because of the lack of rain it's going to be a dry heat, so ouch ouch... 
------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

Yaddo 42

We got the nasty, cold, days long rain, but the really bad wind didn't hit in my neck of the woods, but did some damage east of us. Miserable and damp for days on end, colder than we're used to in AL this time of year. The naturally higher humidity just makes the cold sting a bit more, and the first windshield scraping of the season has arrived. Fall is usually my favorite season, but the past week has been the exception.
blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....

dean

Oh and just as a thought about how nuts our weather has been lately.

Today it was 36 celcius [hot!] and we had about five minutes of brief rain.  Storms are threatening [which is great]

But the whole thing is just nuts...  especially when you consider that just last week it was 0 degrees in some places and we had a bit of snow. 

Nothing like a good 30 odd degree jump in weather patterns to keep you healthy!

Gah...
------------The password will be: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

raj

We had snow flurries here in Toledo last night, there were some flurries in October too.  It's supposed to be a colder than normal winter, or so I've read.

BoyScoutKevin

Well, we here in north Texas got our share of bad weather, finally. Rain Thursday night, then freezing rain this Friday morning. So far, it is back above freezing, and I hope it stays that way, because I don't get off work till after dark. Unless we close early.