Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 06:49:59 AM
712928 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scary: Revisited « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Scary: Revisited  (Read 27979 times)
Susan
« on: November 16, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »

Well given I wanted a little time to play with the new board I thought i'd revisit a topic we had awhile back but add graphics...I never could figure out how to do that on the old board!

THINGS THAT SCARE ME
THE OLD PREACHER MAN FROM POLTERGEIST 2

the man who single-handedly made children all across the nation afraid of senior citizens while singing "God is in his holy temple".

Now if this movie doesn't make you scared of going to church, i don't know what will.

MALACHI FROM "CHILDREN OF THE CORN"
What scares me more than "he who walks behind the rows"? What scares me more than the dark? What scares me more than being stuck in an abandoned town in the middle of nowhere?

Redheaded children from nebraska with sickles

CANDYMAN

The mere idea of candyman scares me. My brother convinced me to say "bloody mary" in the bathroom mirror in the dark. I did it but not without him outside the doorway making noises and telling me I was going to die. So all those childhood traumas were resurfaced after I saw this movie, and basically had a hard time passing by a mirror without thinking that my face was going to get scraped off.

i don't even like the song "The candyman can"
...because he can. With a hook for a hand, oh yes....he can.

DIGGER THE DERMATOPHYTE
The Toe fungus guy in the commercial ads who pries open your nail and leaps in to wreak all kinds of havok. If you haven't seen the commercial then click on the link above, you'll never EVER be the same.

Digger will haunt your dreams.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 11:25:47 PM by Susan » Logged
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 11:41:00 PM »

When I was a very little kid the wicked witch of the East scared me. Use to hide beside the TV set when I would hear the witches music because I knew she was coming.

Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2006, 11:54:21 PM »

I NEVER THOUGHT THE WITCH WAS SCARY, WHAT FRIGHTENED ME WERE THOSE FLYING MONKIES, HAD NIGHTMARES FOR A COUPLE DAYS EVERY TIME I SAW THE MOVIE.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 07:21:07 PM »

I agree with Dennis, those monkeys were some scary stuff to a six year old.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 07:27:31 PM »

I never get how everyone thinks the monkeys were scary, I am, however, very scared by the Congo apes, Ella from Monkeyshines, and Conquest of the Planet of the Apes, disturbing stuff nature gone bad is...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Dennis

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 10:45:24 AM »

DIFFERENT THINGS SCARE DIFFERENT PEOPLE, FOR ME THINGS LIKE GODZILLA, RODAN ETC. WERE NOT SCARY BECAUSE THEY WERE SO BIG THAT YOU'D KNOW THEY WERE COMING LONG BEFORE THEY GOT NEAR YOU, BY THE SAME TOKEN THINGS LIKE THE MUMMY, FRANKENSTEIN'S MONSTER, THINGS THAT ARE SO SLOW THAT YOU COULD RUN CIRCLES AROUND THEM AND NOT GET CAUGHT (I KNOW THE LATEST VERSION OF THE MUMMY IS NOT SLOW, HE'S ALSO NOT WRAPPED UP IN A MILE OF ACE BANDAGE EITHER) BUT SOMETHING LIKE THE WEREWOLF OR THE CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON OR THESE FLYING MONKEYS, SOMETHING SMALL ENOUGH TO HIDE AND THAT WOULD CHASE AND CATCH YOU, THAT IS WHAT SCARES ME ABOUT SOME OF THESE THINGS.

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 10:49:39 AM »

Dennis, please do not use all caps in your posts.  Online it is considered "yelling."

Welcome to the forum and good points, though Godzilla and other huge monsters would be scary to me.  You cannot get out of their way, because they are on the same scale as a tornado or other natural disaster.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Dennis

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2006, 02:57:56 PM »

I wish to apologise to any and all who may have been offended by my use of capitols, I honestly was not aware it was rude. In my defense I must say that this is only the fifth or sixth posting I've done, and while I'm not a complete computer illitterate, I am perhaps an internet nit wit. I hope to improve in this area because I find that I really enjoy this site and the message board.

Doc Daneeka
The Game is Finished?

It's neVer over!

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2006, 03:25:53 PM »

DENNIS, are you related to BENSON? Hope you get it...

https://www.youtube.com/user/silverspherechannel
For the latest on the fifth installment in Don Coscarelli's Phantasm saga.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2006, 06:46:44 PM »

Concerning that Digger the Dermatophyte character...
What scares me more would be having my toenail pried up like that.
OUCH!!!!   Buggedout

Imagine if that were the only way to take Lamisil...
You had to literally pry up your toenail and insert the pill there, then put the nail back down.
They even throw in a bit to bite down on when you pry up the nail.

Now that's scary.  And painful!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 03:53:53 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Dennis

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2006, 10:06:08 PM »

DENNIS, are you related to BENSON? Hope you get it...

I was sitting at the computer considering my answer, I had decided that to say yes but my wife came by and told me I am most likely related to the German house keeper, I'm not sure what she means.

RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 07:07:39 AM »

Back in Back in 1986,when I was 25,somebody at a bar gave me some blotter acid,and like the moron I am,I ate it.Just before hitching some 10 miles home. At about 1:00 am.In a blizzard. I lived waaaay out in the boonies on a dirt road. Igot lost.I was trudging down some backwoods road and I heard a buncha dogs barkin like crazy.I was truly freaking out.I just sat down and started to freeze-but God musta felt sorry for my miserable ,ignorant ass,because atruck pulled up,and it just happened to be a neighbor of mine. I was scared! Lesson learned: Never hitchhike in a blizzard late at nite in the sticks on acid.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Amanda
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2006, 05:00:32 PM »

Susan,

I agree wholeheartedly on the Preacher from Poltergeist.  That was one creepy old man.

However, I actually find Digger the Dermatophyte kind of cute....and I like the way he talks.   TeddyR

Hmmm...what scares me?  To this day, I am afraid of clowns.  I know that's a wimpy fear, but I just cannot stand them!  A recent episode of Supernatural let me rest my case to my husband.  Sam is afraid of clowns, and his brother is ragging on him for it, so Sam replies - "well, you're afraid of flying!" and his brother states that "yeah, planes CRASH."  So Sam says, "And apparently, CLOWNS KILL!"  Amen Sam, amen.

Zombies.  I love zombie movies, can't get enough of them, but they leave me sleepless for days. 

Has anyone seen that damn skittles commerical with the freaky singing rabbit?  THAT bothers me.  Devil bunny.

Amanda
Ash

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2006, 08:48:49 PM »

The Skittles singing rabbit commercial is hilarious!
At first I didn't get it, but then I watched it again and it made more sense.

WATCH IT HERE ON YOUTUBE Small | Large
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 08:51:16 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
Ash

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2006, 05:56:27 AM »

You really want scary?
Check out this video on Youtube of this cat named Burger.
I've seen a few p**sed off cats in my time but nothing like this.
That's one mean p***y!

WATCH THE VIDEO Small | Large

I wonder what it was thinking?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 08:14:02 AM by Ashthecat » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scary: Revisited « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.