Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:26:33 PM
713366 Posts in 53058 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scary: Revisited « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: Scary: Revisited  (Read 28045 times)
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 07:43:17 PM »

I love how Burger pauses to casually like his lips in between screams.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Dennis
Yes, it's true, absolutely true. I am a

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 08:41:35 PM »

Welcome to the forum and good points, though Godzilla and other huge monsters would be scary to me.  You cannot get out of their way, because they are on the same scale as a tornado or other natural disaster.

That's another reason they don't scare me, you can't do anything about or to them so why worry, having said that I also want to say that giant monster movies from Japan are a hoot to watch. I  always wondered where the Japan Self Defense Force got all the flying tanks, death rays, super missiles etc. any way I have always enjoyed a Godzilla type movie, they are always fun. 

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 08:58:24 PM »

That's another reason they don't scare me, you can't do anything about or to them so why worry, having said that I also want to say that giant monster movies from Japan are a hoot to watch. I  always wondered where the Japan Self Defense Force got all the flying tanks, death rays, super missiles etc. any way I have always enjoyed a Godzilla type movie, they are always fun. 

The giant monster movies work best (for me) with a good dose of advanced weapons and craft.  I love seeing phaser cannons and laser weapons, plus lots of futuristic aircraft or even spaceships.  "Godzilla vs. Mothra" (1992) had some of this.  The one scene with Godzilla wading through a torrent of fire was great.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2006, 09:54:42 PM »

When I was very little I use to have dreams Godzilla was coming down my street and I was trying to hide in my bedroom knowing it wasn't going to help as the earth shook.

Dennis

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2006, 10:01:51 PM »

The fun for me in these movies is that while the Japanese military could apparently conquer the world their new weapons don't work on a big lizard or bug, or what ever but it is great to see them in action. Actually I think Godzilla type movies (Rodan, Gamera etc.) are in a class all by themselves. I watched Godzilla, the original American release with Raymond Burr six nights in a row on the Million Dollar Movie and woke up at every noise, wanted to run outside and see the big guy

Reach for the heavens in hope for the future for all that we can be, not what we are. Henry John Deutschendorf Jr.
Dennis

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2006, 10:20:40 PM »

You really want scary?
Check out this video on Youtube of this cat named Burger.
I've seen a few p**sed off cats in my time but nothing like this.
That's one mean p***y!

WATCH THE VIDEO

I wonder what it was thinking?

In addition to two dogs we have four cats, so I think what Burger was saying was "FEED ME AND I'LL LET YOU KEEP YOU FACE"

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2006, 11:50:33 PM »

I think Burger was thinking, "Get that f*ckin' camera out of my face!!!"
I'll bet anything that the camera scared the hell out of it.
I've have never in my life seen a cat that angry!   Buggedout
Dennis

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 09:19:32 AM »

I have, at the vet's office, the cat (not a very big cat) was saying "Don't think you can give me a vacination dummy", took three people to give the little cat a shot and there was blood shed by two of us holding the cat. I should say that the cat belongs to us, her name is Doodle.

Dennis

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 02:51:45 PM »

I went shopping today with my wife, while driving we came to a signal where we needed to turn right, the car in front of us did too but moved out very slowly when the light changed, like they were lost or something, the car ended up in the right hand lane and I changed to the left lane, having to turn left in a block or so. We're driving along side by side and my wife points out to me that the other driver is not only talking on cell phone she is also reading a store sale paper that's spread out on the steering wheel, sort of like one half of a collision looking for the other half. She was still doing this as we turned, hope she didn't find the other half   

ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 10:31:46 PM »

Okay, from all the way back in 2006, things from TV and movies we personally found scary. Good topic to zombiefy.

I always thought The Wizard of Oz was a horror movie falsely marketed as a musical. It disturbed me end to end, from the witch saying Dorothy would die when the hourglass went out, to those #$%* munchkins, who looked like they crawled out of the sewers of Hell.

Also Tigger was intimidating to me, always bouncing, relentlessly getting up in everybody's faces. (I did admire his egoism, though.)

The weird-eyed cloney, robotey chick at the very end of The Stepford Wives (I think she went on to be the mom on Family Ties too) was frightening, the way she emerged and walked forward, dead-eyed like that. That was bad. I've had dreams about her.

But the thing that put the cherry on the fear sundae when I was really small was when there was this show on TV called Tales of the Gold Monkey, and there was an episode where assassin dressed as Anubis came to murder an Egyptologist, and boy oh boy, did seeing someone walking around expressionless in an Anubis mask terrify me. For weeks all my dad had to do was creep up on me and say "Anubis" and I was done-in.

Oh, yeah, depictions of Mother Theresa scare me too because she looks like some sort of possessed Appalachian apple doll come to life.

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
Alex
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2020, 12:12:11 AM »

I love Tales of the Golden Monkey had have every episode on DVD (although that wasn't hard to get since they only did one season).

But do you understand That none of this will matter Nothing can take your pain away
ER
B-Movie Kraken

The sleep of reasoner breeds monsters. (sic)

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2020, 08:46:57 AM »

Aw cool, you know the episode I'm taking about? I only saw it once sometime in the eighties and it's probably not as terror-inducing as I remember, huh?

What does not kill me makes me stranger.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2020, 09:33:23 AM »

Dang- the only people on that old thread that are still around are me and Ash (on occasion).

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
VenomX73

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2020, 10:44:31 AM »

I remember I started in 2007  Thumbup
back on the 'picture war posts' lol

btw...what ever happened to akiratubo and Dennis and Glouck?

Gilligan's island, Goonies and Godzilla information booth here!
Gabriel Knight
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2020, 04:32:34 PM »

Didn't we had this discussion in another thread, or I'm having some kind of deja vu?  BounceGiggle

Check my crappy and unpopular reviews and ratings:

https://www.imdb.com/user/ur85652268/?ref_=nv_usr_prof_2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Off Topic Discussion  |  Scary: Revisited « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.