Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 10:55:09 AM
714312 Posts in 53092 Topics by 7741 Members
Latest Member: SashaHilly
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Blood Freak « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Blood Freak  (Read 60220 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 01:02:19 PM »

A reader named "Chris AZ" wrote in to solve the mystery of what the one scientist is talking about.

The mystery word is "caponization" - in other words, castration of the turkey.  I think eating that meat would worry me, considering the castration is done with chemicals.  I will be updating the review.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Yaddo 42

Where's that brick.......

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 12:22:46 AM »

In what I read, Hawkes maintained he really only wanted to make films aimed at kids, entertaining family fare and such. Talk about straying from your goals and ideals to pay the bills.

The stuff I found through Google was from when I was looking up more info on his Tarzan films after the tiger incident. Most of what I found were online fanzine articles and interviews concerning Blood Freak. It seems to be the thing he will be remembered for if he's remembered at all, in the US anyway.

Maybe the article in languages I couldn't read had more Tarzan info. Although his films weren't mentioned in that AMC doc about Tarzan several years ago, which makes me think they were trademark infringements, and that film even mentioned the legal action taken against a French aninmated spoof that had to change some names.

blah blah stuff blah blah obscure pop culture reference blah blah clever turn of phrase blah blah bad pun blah blah bad link blah blah zzzz.....
BoyScoutKevin

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 10:14:02 AM »

If Herschell wanted to eat some turkey for Thanksgiving, he'd have been better off eating this "turkey" of a film, before it was released.
M Valdemar
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2006, 01:43:23 AM »

I brought Blood Freak to the family thanksgiving celebration this year, hoping to start a new tradition. It didn't go over so well with the kid in college, but those of us who remember the '70s had a great time.

You left out my favorite quote: "We could use a husky man like you at my turkey farm." I need to get that one on my iPod.
inframan
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2007, 02:03:07 PM »

This movie is a must see for bad movie fans  Thumbup

Saw this one on a "Turkey Day Filmfest" an overnite bad movie marathon the day after thanksgiving. It played with Inframan, Darktown Strutters, and Silent Night Deadly Night.
Joe the Destroyer
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »

I've kept a lot of DVD's because they were so bad (and only bad) that they were actually enjoyable.  Never before have I seen a movie so positively god awful and still somewhat enjoyable.  I do feel bad for Steve Hawkes, but hey, that's show business. 

Did anyone watch any of the short features that were on the special edition DVD like The Walls Have Eyes or the short on nudism? 
TyF
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 11:54:52 PM »

I don't think anybody TRULY knew how evil drugs were until "South Park" 's Mr. Mackey came along, but

I'm sure if I saw this movie, it would quelch any desire I had left. How many movies (esp. zombie) have

been made where the transformation occurs after doing some "bad" crack, weed, or other illegal

substance? THERE'S A RESEARCH PAPER THERE SOMEWHERE...or maybe I'm high.  hot

It doesn't get much worse than perpetually moving
Big Galloot
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 05:36:08 PM »

Weirdly enough, I was a foreman at the factory where the famous saw scene was filmed (Jansko Furniture, Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

The guy scared the s**t out of several workers by letting his tiger run through the factory.
RCMerchant
Bela
B-Movie Kraken

"Charlie,we're in HELL!"-"yeah,ain't it groovy?!"

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2008, 09:11:23 PM »

Weirdly enough, I was a foreman at the factory where the famous saw scene was filmed (Jansko Furniture, Ft. Lauderdale, FL)

The guy scared the s**t out of several workers by letting his tiger run through the factory.

What I have always been curious about was-in the leg cutting scene...where the guy is holding up his  bleeding leg....it looks as if the guy REALLY had no bottom half to his leg...as if in actual life he was an amputee.

"Supernatural?...perhaps. Baloney?...Perhaps not!" Bela Lugosi-the BLACK CAT (1934)
Interviewer-"Does Dracula ever end for you?
Lugosi-"No. Dracula-never ends."

Slobber, Drool, Drip!
https://www.tumblr.com/ronmerchant
Big Galloot
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 08:51:37 PM »

He was
Cult Movie Mania
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2008, 07:18:31 PM »

First off, just wanted to say hi to everyone...today was my first time on Bad Movies.com and I liked it so much that I went ahead and registered on the boards.  Glad to see there's some Blood Freak fans out there, since it was shot in my home state of Florida.  Central Florida, I believe.  Like many of you, I also recommend it as required Turkey Day viewing!

Your weird wide web HQ for the BEST Cult and Horror Movie coverage!
www.cultmoviemania.com
www.filthythemovie.com
Big Galloot
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2008, 09:58:44 AM »

If you want to talk about Florida movies, you can't beat "Night of the Blood Beast." It was filmed in the mountains just west of Cape Canaveral (Kennedy Space Center).

Unfortunately they must have leveled the mountains to build Disney World.
Giant Claw Jr
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2008, 10:25:19 PM »

Hmmm most birds have their eyes on the sides of their heads this turkeyman has his in front
annoymous
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2009, 10:07:15 PM »

So this was the only way for moviemakers during the 70s to show the dangers of drugs in society. They couldn't have just made a drama and eliminate all the monster turkey s**t in the movie.
FLU-BIRD
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2009, 11:09:38 PM »

Use illegal drugs eat experimental turkey meat and you end up as a big freakin turkeyman with  ataste for the blood of adicts
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Blood Freak « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.