Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:53:22 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Small Changes « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Small Changes  (Read 10189 times)
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« on: November 30, 2006, 11:32:19 AM »

I am slowly getting close to the goal of having one standard format system for everything on the site.  What everyone probably saw, for a short time, yesterday was that links were no longer underlined.  After looking that over for a while, I decided it looked better with the underlines.  At least, that is my opinion.

I applied that to the message board, because I have noticed it can be difficult to tell when someone has posted a link.  Let me know what you think.

Now, fixing the reader reviews section.  Darn, some of those are still using the original, static HTML template.  Gonna be a long haul to rewrite all of that and push it into the present review template.  Oh well, I will make a list and start crossing off titles as they get done.

I am looking to change the review template a bit.  The link to the song clip (if any) will probably move down to the sounds section of each review and appear at the top or bottom of the other sounds.  The rating is going to move over to the left, either to the right of the film's title or directly under it.  I am leaning toward it being to the right of the title.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 12:24:57 PM »

Well hey, it's really cool that you're busting your ass to make some great improvements to the site and the message board.   Thumbup
I personally didn't think any changes were needed at first, but on second thought, you don't really want to keep the site & message board the same all the time. 
Sometimes changes eventually have to be made to keep it all from becoming stagnant.
This site, it's content and the people who come here have definitely evolved and changed since I first stumbled over here in the year 2000.

You know, I've been hanging around here for over 6 years now and this is the most I've ever seen you hanging around with us and posting on a regular basis Andrew.

You disappeared for long stretches at a time and sometimes, there wasn't a review for months but most of us have hung in there.
Good to see you back in full swing again!
We all appreciate the many hours you put into all of this to make it a worthwile experience.

(P.S....I just can't believe I never got banned from here in all this time!  What with some of the crazy controversial s**t I've written and arguments I've started in the past, there were times when I was sure that one of you would ban me permanently.  I still can be a pain in the ass sometimes though.  Yes, even people like me can change for the better.  Thanks for being so tolerant.  Wink)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 12:50:21 PM by Ashthecat » Logged
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 01:40:12 PM »

There are a few reasons for my increased activity.  One is that my work schedule is not as severe as it had been for a long time.  While we lived on Long Island, I had to drive 30 miles each way to the unit.  That means I was often getting home about 6:30 pm or even 7 pm.  Now, I work 15 minutes away from home.  It is a big difference in the amount of time I have available for everything.  Also, the unit in NY was incredibly busy, because we only had 12 or 15 active duty Marines.  We have three or four times that many here.

A big reason is the slap in the face I got about a month ago.  I looked around and suddenly realized just how many of the b-movie sites were either gone or stopped updating.  Seems like the Rogues were the only ones still holding the torch.  It was time I got motivated and got active.  Hopefully, me getting roused will stir up a few of the others.  That means you, Ken Begg.

Another things is that the administration is much easier for me again.  The site is now on a VPS, which looks and feels a lot like a dedicated server.  I was always reading the board before, but always tied up in fixing this or that which was not working correctly.  You get into making a lot of band-aids when you are on shared hosting.

Not out to change the site just to cause change, but to honestly make it better.  The only reason to make the links underline is to ensure everyone can spot them. I know that I had a few moments before finding the link in Shadow's recent review post.  I ended up modifying the post to link the image, because I knew people would trace their mouse over that.

I don't think you've ever been a bad person.  You're just Ash, much like I am Andrew and some of the people who know me in real life understand what that means.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 01:54:58 PM by Andrew » Logged

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Menard
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 01:49:41 PM »

Now, I live 15 minutes away from home.

hmmm...how's Katie handling that? TeddyR
Andrew
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 01:54:18 PM »

Now, I live 15 minutes away from home.

hmmm...how's Katie handling that? TeddyR

She loves how close my work is to home, but hates my proofreading problems.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Trouble Tickets  |  Small Changes « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.