Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 01:21:29 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  CHUD « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: CHUD  (Read 92221 times)
Irving Berlin
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

If you appreciate C.H.U.D.'s underlying message checkout the life's work of it's producer: Andrew Bonime.   Nice to know that someone isn't in it for the money.
Rabid Ryan
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2001, 05:41:12 PM »

C.H.U.D. is one nifty little monster movie. With some more monster shots and gore, this could have really been something. Would rather pay to see something like this than some teeny bob slasher flick like Scream, etc. Just to bad that blond never got naked.........sigh.
(Mucus Devour)
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

The chud extended it's neck for a reason,to help it see.she threw acid waste in the cannilbastic hummiod mutation's face.he couldn't see intil that neck came out,you could tell right when he did it  when she moved her position, it kept it's  radio-active glowing orb looking eye's at her.and yes!The movie kicked ass!  
Super Saiyan Goku
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2001, 06:12:57 PM »

Gee, I didnt know Daniel Stern was an expert marksman, he shot wilson in the heart! And another thing, no offense to you, but knowing THIS country, there probably would be nuclear waste in the sewers of new york.
LordArthur75062
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I thought  the movie was good as a tale of urban sci-fi/horror.the high point was the C.H.U.D. themselves,and except for the neck-stretching scene,they make very capable cousins to H.G. Wells' Morlocks.
bosco
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

first of all, sorry for my poor english...i am belgian!

I would like to say that chud was one of the first horror movies i watched when i was young. I liked it very much and even now i still appreciate it. The action music and speed of the movies where very good for that year. I hope that actual movies producers will still working for making movies as good as this one.
Andrew Bonime
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Loved it. Hated It. Sucked. Rocks. Lots of debate here for a little horror movie I made in 1983. To find out what REALLY happened during the shooting (and after) and to set the record straight (the commentary track on the DVD is mostly WRONG), check out www.chudfacts.com There's a lot of behind-the-scenes photos, too.

Andrew Bonime,
PRODCUER of C.H.U.D.

BTW, In case anyone's interested, my next film is going to be Beverly Hills Skin. It's scarier and has a big studio budget and stars (I can't say more at this point).
AlphaWoolf
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2002, 05:13:17 PM »

By far the best part of this movie is the title, which has since passed into mainstream popular culture thanks to The Simpsons New York episode.  Beyond that, I found this movie to be a stupendous bore.  ZZZZZZZZZ
spankable Janet
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2002, 08:10:39 PM »

The very best part of the holy grail that is CHUD is when the Reverend shows up at the board meeting with a bag full of evidence...and we noticed EVEN HIS PAPER BAG IS DIRTY!
Molly
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

i know the guy who wrote the screen play for CHUD, and interesting human himself having a hummoring fat cat and a CHUD head in his apartment in a box. He said that CHUD's were supposed to move quick and be sneaky...humm guess that didnt work.
he wrote another CHUD film (he didnt write CHUD II) i think i read half of it or so based on punk rock kids and CHUDS and crazy stuff. Shep is a mad man
Riff
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Okay, this movie wasn't great, but it wasn't 2 slimes either. The CHUD looked very gnarly, and the plot wasn't bad. I can't wait to see the seuqal!

3 slimes
Ooze
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2002, 02:13:26 AM »

Hey remember that Simpsons episode where Homer jumps off a skyscraper to commit suicide but in mid fall grabs onto Rocko who happens to be bungi jumping, but hes so heavy that they stretch the cord and go down through a manhole and encounter C.H.U.D.S? Now that was funny!
Saint Thomas
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I love this movie!  C.H.U.D is one of the best horror movies of the 80's.  Sure the effects are kinda' dated for todays youth.  Maybe it seemed more realistic back then.  Over all this movie is sweet!
(the fan) on 8 -30 -2003 nyc
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2003, 02:32:36 AM »

C.H.U.D is my favorite horror of all time. i remember seeing it in the movies back in  84, i own the dvd version and its even better  than the 84 version it has a diffrent and better feel to it the added footage makes a diffrence.The glowy eyed monsters are one of the scrariest monsters i ever saw on a horror flick, i live in nyc and that dinner is still there on layfette street much samller but was kool to see it there. Soho is the area where the movie was shot and it still looks as bumming today in 2003 as it did in 1984. just imagin how much better this movie could have been if only we saw the monsters a little more and got a chance to see them eat the flesh off of those cops or rip those  guys up in the sewers, remeber the part wHere JOHN HEARD is looking for VICTOR, how kool it have been to see VICTOR  eating HUGO ? or seeing  WILSON become a victum of a C.H.U.D he created.the effects here are good  i love the 80s horror films,  this CGI stuff today looks so fake. I hope someone will make a  REAL C.H.U.D 2  movie  that BUD the CHUD s**t was an insult . it hand nothing to do with the  84 classic  I mean the monsters werent even in the movie. who ever made that movie did not see the 1st film. I would like to see a true sequel and just imagin how kool the C.H.U.Ds could look today. they should make it and give the orginal cast some parts in the movie. hopeful they will bring C.H.U.D back like brought back freddy and jason. every series have a bad film hey look at the 3rd halloween  no Micheal Myers, they can do some with C.H.U.D    bring us  C.H.U.d 3
Sidney
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

CHUD is my favorite movie of all time.  Even better than Cremaster 3, by a hair....

I LOVE CHUD, and I'm not afraid to admit it to the world.  I am awash in the glow of CHUD's ever-present love-light.

Still haven't seen CHUD II: Bud the CHUD.  Please email me if you have, and let me know if it is worth it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  CHUD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.