Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:42:38 AM
713327 Posts in 53056 Topics by 7725 Members
Latest Member: wibwao
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  CHUD « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: CHUD  (Read 92344 times)
RatBoy
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I don't know if you guys knew this, but they made a sequel to CHUD called CHUD 2 except it has nothing to do with the origional and is like a bad comidy with CHUDs that are more like zombies than anything.  Its like the crappy movie My Boyfriend's Back.  My friend and I were having another marithon and we saw CHUD1&2 one after the other and they are nothing alike other than some people died in both.
Any way keep up the good work.
FERRET
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I may be 11 but I think C.H.U.D. is a great movie. I was so wrapted into it  untill I  saw the second. Sucky,no effence but they don't turn fully C.H.U.D. for crying out loud. It does not have the right to be named C.H.U.D. 2.
Mictantecutli
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

It's the only film in which Dilbert battles mutated sewer monsters! (Well, other than that episode where Dilbert switched "jobs" with Ratbert, perhaps)
GreatCthulhu
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

The 80's was a great decade: trashy metal that would make you speakers melt, designer drugs, and cheapo horror flicks.  CHUD is one of about twelve great horror films from that time that I have flashback-y memories of.  Needless to say, I bought the DVD.

What I love about the film is its grimyness.  Every character, every shot even, is laoded with dirt and sweat and grunge. When most horror films were going out their ways to look "clean", this film was a welcome entry.

Don't be afraid. Get your hands dirty.
mike52t
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Lets see...CHUDs eating New Yorkers...I don't see a downside.
Frederick
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2004, 02:04:40 PM »

I recently found a DVD copy of CHUD at my local WLAMART for the low low price of $6.89... this pleased me to a great extent so i purchased it.  The special features include a commentary, still photo reel, and the original theatre tailer.  The trailer as you may expect is, in every way, as crappy as the movie.  However, the photo reel shows just how much work was put into the CHUD costumes, this may explain where the budget for the film went and consequently why the script sucked such a large quantity of ass.  None the less, CHUD is the best movie in the world, and next time I go to NYC, i plan on venturing into the sewers of Manhattan to find and befriend some CHUDs, perhaps i can bring on home with me and he can do my homework, or at least munch my teachers when they get mad at me for not doing it, or getting radio active CHUD goo on my assignments.
Pat
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2004, 08:50:50 PM »

Wow I cant believe my brother spent money on this crap. For one thing a guy is going into the sewers full of bums, wouldnt his wive say wow you smell like crap. Another thing have you noticed that the chud and alien have the same blood pretty much ... hmmm I wonder what they were thinking when they made this video. I can just imagine a guy sitting in his chair in the office thinking of a good movie to make then all the sudden he thinks I got it Ill make a movie about bums who live in the sewer and aligators eat them ... WAIT NO! Chud eat them. Who thought of that word or the acranim.
IT
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2005, 11:21:44 AM »

One of the worst movies ever made .When I was a teenager I talked some friends into seeing this mess and they never forgiven me for it.AVOID it at all cost .
christophe
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This CHUD film is an excellent addition to anyones horror film collection. It is a cult classic, never mind what other people on here say about it, but I suppose they can always watch highly polished films like titanic and come away really excited and saying they enjoyed it 100%. But to me films like this should come back, I'd love to see it and it would help get rid of all those p**s poor horror films that are rated 15. You know, the ones your mum would suggest going to see.  
George
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I bought the DVD last year at Best Buy for $5.99 and, as far as I am concerned, it was a smart buy. this version, which contains footage not seen in the theatrical version, kicks ass. Does anyone realize that the other cop in the infamous diner scene is portrayed by Jay Thomas ("Mork & Mindy" , "Mr. Holland's Opus")? As for "CHUD 2", this is a perfect example of a cinematic s**tburger. It plays more like an entry in the "Return Of The Living Dead" series, a very crappy entry. Even Gerrit Graham("SCTV", "The Annihilators") couldn't save it. Don't even bother!
:)
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

CHUD is an epitomy of trash, but the score is decent. Oh, the film has Dilbert, so maybe it's not completely worthless...
AkiraTubo
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

C.H.U.D. is something of a hidden gem.  Its attempt at a plot halfway make sense as far as these movies go, the CHUDs are kind of scary, and the score sets the mood of the film perfectly.

Plus, we've got REAL ACTORS and not the producer's college frat brothers or whatever.

Definitely check out the DVD release, which contains additional footage and is edited together in the correct order (i.e., diner attack in the middle).

I checked out the personal website of C.H.U.D.'s producer (forget the URL at the moment, google it) and it is quite interesting.  He even explains the elongating neck.  It was supposed to suddenly and rapidly elongate so the CHUD could take a bite at the heroine from across the room, like a cannibalistic jack-in-the-box.  Unfortunately, the effect didn't work out that way but, dammit, they paid for it so they left it in.
poopsi
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2005, 03:00:04 AM »

This movie should be renamed CHOAD since it bites the big one. You know creativity went sour when people make a movie about turds in the sewer that come to life with glowing eyes.
Roncore
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2006, 11:42:14 AM »

on the DVD version of chud, on special features, if you keep moving the selection it will eventually highlight the background chuds eyes. Hit enter for a deleted scene fearturing a more revealing version of the shower scene!
T.Gio
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2007, 10:48:36 AM »

hot My Professor is in this movie! Of course it rocks! GO CHUD GO! Cheers
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  CHUD « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.