Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:45:53 PM
712920 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dead Alive « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Dead Alive  (Read 106249 times)
Paul H.
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2000, 03:17:26 PM »

Yes this movie is really well made and pretty funny. BUT it is really not my cup of tea.  Plus It doesn't seem as complete as evil dead 1 or 2. The characters are not quite perfect. (other than Father Mcgruder. he is perfect in everyway)

It has the gore down pat. But actualy seems to rely on it to heavily.  It actually distracts from the movie at points.

I'm not saying this isn't a good movie but it has some weeknesses and you have to be the right type of person not to have it overly insult your taste at some point in time.

4 green globs.
Sir Sword@AOL.com
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2000, 04:51:31 AM »

I remember, a few years back, that cinemax, when they showed cult classics, classic kung-fu flicks, and had Troma and horror movies on EVERY sunday night, showed Dead Alive on a midnight. It was summer, and I was not tired in the least. I turned on Cinemax, and Dead Alive was on next, so, being a horror movie afficianado, I stayed up to watch it. It was kick ass non-stop! A couple years later, I rented the unrated version. Not as good as on cinemax. So I e-mailed a couple friends to find the time listing from a couple years ago. One mailed it to me. I found out I watched the original New Zealand version, and that because the movie was so gory, they asked people to actually change the channel if offended by guts, blood, violence, child abusement, animal abusement, they were married and/or had little children, they were easily frightened, had heart problems, had mental problems, or were taking some forms of medication! I considered myself very, very lucky and I'm looking for a copy of the European version(British, or New Zealand, hopefully). If anyone has an extra copy, or can make a copy, e-mail me for my address, please. Oh, by the way, "I kick ass for the Lord!"
adam hudson
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2000, 12:54:20 AM »

Dead Alive is the best, and goriest horror film of all time. It had everything a horror movie fan could want in a movie, rat monkeys, decapiations, strangulation by intestines, a kung fu fighting priest, zombie sex, gallons of blood, a zombie with a lawn gnome for a head, and a climactic scene your not soon to forget, i won't give it away, but it invloves a room full of zombies and our hero with a lawnmower!
Deffinatly a must see, thank you Peter Jackson
john malkovich
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2000, 10:24:40 PM »

Today I purchased the unrated DVD of this film. I swear to god it almost doesn't belong on a bad movie page. It's so perfectly and flawlessly "bad" that Peter Jackson obviously knew exactly what he was doing when he made it. It had a great story that covered up its weak points with some superior special effects. It had zombie sex and a zombie baby. This movie truly is a classic not just of the B-world.
Thomas Hulstrøm
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2000, 02:03:10 PM »

"Braindead" is really exceptionally funny. I fell on the floor laughing several times during the film. Two scenes stand out in my opinion: The walk in the park with the baby, and the kung-fu priest kicking legs & arms off zombies... see this one. You wont regret.
Josh Guarino
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2000, 07:29:49 PM »

Rented "Dead-Alive" from Blockbuster (bring B-movies home :) and boy was I hurting myself with laughter. From the opening scene on Skull Island, to the dinner scene, to the scene, scrambled egg/zombie sex scene, to the baby in the park . However, the lawn mower scene seemed lacking to me. Maybe because I was watching from afar and couldn't really get a great amount of detail.

My friend and I are both B-movie afficianados, and were laughing our asses off at the dialogue - "I kick ass for the Lord!" and "...and they raped all the little tree monkeys." had us rolling on the floor.

This movie kicked ass, and I'm hoping to get my grubby paws on the unrated version. Oh, and the English version (I have relatives across the pond. :)
EvilCookie
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie isn't 'one of the goriest' or a 'great gore film'.  It is THE goriest film ever made.  I have never seen so much gore in my life! It has arm removals, head removals, leg hand and half a head removals, intestines, skinned legs, squashed heads, spoon-through heads, feeding headless zombies by pouring food down throats, impalations, skin-rippings, liver-removals, body explodings, burnings, intestine-gnawing, and much more!
jmc
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

I was a little disappointed, just because I really don't like comedic horror.  The gore effects are great, but the movie just isn't scary.  It's more like a Monty Python bit.
I don't really consider it a horror film.
Bob
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Braindead - all time classic. Pete Jackson had been trying to raise the money for this movie for years. His "Meet The Feebles" was his way of saying "f**k you" to the money men who had consistently refused to back "Braindead". "The Feebles" seemed to come over as more spiteful than anything else - although it is very funny in the way it skewers producers, money-men and the general arseholes and sharks that abound in the movie biz. "Braindead" was recently seen on British TV, uncut.(Part of a season of "extreme cinema" on our ever wonderful Channel 4).If you get the chance, grab the uncut version - the rated version simply does not do this incredible film justice.
Hirnklops
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Oh boy, that's CULT! Can anybody imagine Jackson making "Lord of the Rings" now? I can clearly see it: Blibo Baggins splatters 6000 Orks with a medieval lawn - mower, while the mighty Gandalf gets his gutts ripped out... And the gutts return as the Intestic Rider to fight evil!!!
I'm from Germany, and I just had a similar movie... It was called "Fresst die Lebenden!!!" ("Eat the Living" ) and starred some friends who just liked to make a movie, like Jackson's "Bad Taste". And although I couldn't believe... "Eat the living" is WAY more bloody than "Braindead".
Deej
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

It's already been said many times by many better people, so I won't belabor the point. BUT, this is the greatest friggin' movie ever! I borrowed this from my methamphetamine crazed neighbor when I was living in Oceanside California, spent all the entertainment money on beer and was facing a long weekend. Loved it!!! Had to watch it again when I was sober to make sure it wasn't DT's. Then had to watch it again totally 'faced because...well, I was in a bad place then...anyway, this flick kicks butt. I's huge,it's EPIC!! I laughed...I cried...I fell in love!!!
MessiahMan
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Man, this is the only movie I ever hurled over (and I have a really strong stomach!)  It was the ear eating scene that did it...but damn, never before did hurling feel so good!  I still laugh 'till I cry over this film, no matter how many times I watch it, and I STILL get the dry-heaves over some of the gore that's in more bad taste.  I've included my email address, and if anyone knows movies with equal or greater gore than this film...either including gross gore OR funny gore...(eyeballs turn into spirals) you will suddenly feel impelled to send me an email with the name(s) of those movies!  
Steve
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I'm not even going to bother commenting on how awesome this movie is. I wouldn't be able to add anything new to what's already been said. However, I think that all of you are giving Father McGruder way too much credit. Sure, "I kick ass for the lord!" is a funny quote, and his kung fu scene is beyond entertaining, but I think that Lionel deserves more credit, and nobody seems to be giving him any recognition! Lionel excells at physical comedy, and he goes from a complete momma's boy, to the ultimate zombie ass kicker! "Party's over." kicks the s**t out of, "I kick ass for the lord!"
Andrew
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

There are three versions of "Dead Alive" - two of which are available in the U.S. You must have seen the "R" rated version, which cuts out a huge amount of the meat. Try the unrated version, it's much better. In addition, the one not released in the U.S. is called "Brain Dead." (Not to be confused with the George Kennedy flick by the same name.) "Brain Dead" can be found in completely uncut form, it actually has footage cut from the unrated U.S. release
Handle With Care
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This movie is so awesome!!! now i'll writte in french... Un film a voir absolument, facile a comprendre en anglais pour ceux qui sont francophones mais aussi très bon en francais, mais plus difficile a trouver... Le sentiments véhiculés par ce films sont incroyablement bien définis et passent constamment d'un extreme a l'autre, incroyable! Pour ce qui est du réalisme, on l'oublie vite a cause de la violence gratuite fournie par le film, maintenant que je lai vu , je ne peu plus mimaginer une vie sans ce film!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dead Alive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.