Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:12:51 AM
712922 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dead Alive « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Dead Alive  (Read 106255 times)
Evan
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

(WARNING: this has some spoilers in it, so read it ONLY after watching the movie!)
I love this movie! Nothing better, except for the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness flicks, which are in a totally different category as I see it. The rat thingy that bites mother at the zoo, starting the whole core of the movie, was neither rat-like, nor scary. It kind of reminds me of a character from Meet the Feebles... I can see the thing running around Bletch's office as he gets a "Clinton" from the cat, but that's a totally different review.

You have to enjoy the timeless scenes and crap lines from this movie! Seeing the dinner guest eating the custard complete with gangrenous, bloody ear, zombie sex and the lovechild thereof, a kung fu priest, wholesale-lawnmower-flesh-mulching action, rivers of blood and one of the greatest lines that I have ever had the pleasure of hearing in a movie that actually made it to the store shelf... "Your mother ate my dog!"

Thank you Paquita for that wonderful schlock line. It will be forever etched into my memory!
gunwon9
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I saw this film ages ago and had a day of unstoppable laughter and yes the priest is the highlight of the film. I still remember the line "I kick ass for the lord", as do my friends that watched it with me. A true classic which will always be remembered fondly...
JimmyRuddy
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2004, 10:59:42 AM »

Watched the totally uncut Braindead version - it is awesome!  Super-funny, it is one of the best zombie films ever made, period!
Hugh Jass! [Sengia!]
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Living in England, I get the pleasure of watching 'Braindead' -- An added 12 mins of gore and comedy. Where shall I start? Braindead is quite possibly the best B-movie I have EVER seen, and I don't know what it's even a B-movie, it's absolutely golden! PJ should of made more films like this! Sod LotR!
A mate lent it me saying it's a must watch film. I must admit I wasn't impressed in the first 5 mins, though I did laugh at the "SENGIA!" scene.. Until I later pieced it together it was meant to be a stupid horror comedy [which didn't take long!] and I was laughing through the rest of the film non stop! I think I cracked a rib at the baby in the park scene.. I'm laughing now thinking of it! And of course the infamous Father McGruder who "Kicks arse... FOR THE LORD!"  
If you like this film try Bad Taste, Meet the Feebles and The Frighteners. Some more brill PJ movies! All hilarious and just as disgusting as each other!
You're not a B-movie fan until you see this!! GET IT!
Tiger_of_the_Wind
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

"I kick ass for the lord" That line was hillarious. This movie was like a blood bath
los-man
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Peter Jackson's bloated zombie reminds me of the Orcs.  How about Gandolf Versus Father McGruder!
Arm Commander
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

If you're looking for a perfect zombie killing movie with kung fu action, then Dead Alive is the movie for you. Don't miss it; this is the ultimate and undisputed king of all horror films.

The Arm Commander gives it 5 Arm symbols. He is pleased... and so will you.
Kimmie
« Reply #37 on: December 29, 2005, 03:29:36 AM »

OMG! I love this movie. Although now when ever I see a lawn gnome I laugh my arse off! And the baby who could forget that lil ugly thing but hes just so freaking FUNNY!
Heretic
« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2006, 10:02:49 AM »

This film is called Braindead and it is done by the same person who did Bad Taste (Peter Jackson)
TheSnadd
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

After reading about this movie here, I just had to have it.  I vaguely remembered seeing the DVD version in walmart once before (I had no idea what it was then), and after much searching, found it again (the unrated version, at that!).  

This is by far THE FUNNIEST, GORIEST, OVER THE TOP horror comedy I have ever seen.  I watched it with two friends last night (first time for all of us), and we were laughing so hard that one guy actually peed himself!  My face still hurts!

This movie now holds a special place in my movie collection.  Thanks Badmovies.org!  Without you, I would have never found this truly incredible masterpiece of cinema.
Facer
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Fantastic movie, I just can't stop myself from laughing every time I heard the phrase "I kick ass for the LORD!" It's so damned funny, and the zombie baby rocks!

It isn't the most gory film I've seen however, since Cannibal Holocaust surpases it in the shock & gore department by much (good luck trying to get that movie, it's banned in about 50 countries).

Still, nothing can beat choping off zombie heads with a lawnmower, or fighting zombies with crazy Kung Fu moves, go father Mcgruder, Kick more zombie ass!
Oigoil
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2007, 01:50:16 AM »

This is my all time favorite zombie movie!   I have made all my friends watch this , how can you go wrong with such abundance of gore and a fricken zombie baby!  And the priest ...kicking ass for the lord...classic :)

Wolfy
« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 08:08:15 PM »

In case someone doesn't know what that annoying zombie baby's name is, the baby's name is Selwyn.^_~
Td
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2007, 01:12:54 PM »

This movie had me f**kin' rolling on the floor laughing, the acting is so horrible, the props are f**kin' stupid to the 10th degree and there is so much unneed gore, but that is what makes it a classic, like the Evil Dead movies.  They are completely dumb but, they are a couple of the funniest movies I have seen!  If you don't appericiate this movie, you have no sence of humor!
Megalons Revenge
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2007, 05:27:40 PM »

I saw this movie a few years ago and all the blood-drenching perversion made me think of the grandpa of all bloodbath flicks: Blood Feast! Made in 1964, this movie (so I've heard) was the first to use gratuitious gore. Believe me, you gotta see it to believe it. The "plot" revolves around a deranged Egyptian caterer who worships the Blood Goddess Ishtar and is going around collecting body parts from comely young women to bring her back to life ( I swear this is true!). With long, lingering shots of hacked up bodies, awful acting, enough buckets of blood to keep the "Evil Dead" movies in business for another 50 years, and a nice short running time (around 70 minutes), this is one that is dying to be on this page! Please read this and find this movie!! I promise you, it belongs on every bad movie lovers shelf!

I saw it 2 days a go and I thought it sucked. The gore was good to mediocre. Definatly not what its been hyped up to be. On the other hand, I have to give it props for being the first movie to have excessive gore, and for having the content it does considering the time period.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  Dead Alive « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.