Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:21:08 AM
714151 Posts in 53091 Topics by 7732 Members
Latest Member: Larryfiste
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Alien Dead « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Alien Dead  (Read 41091 times)
Brandi
« on: January 23, 1999, 02:46:33 AM »

Trivia note: Sheriff Kowalski is played by Buster Crabbe, the original Flash Gordon.
PH D.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 1999, 01:56:46 PM »

I saw ALIEN DEAD a long time ago.               (not long enough)
BLum BLum
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 1999, 01:17:26 PM »

Sigh,I don't know where to begin.This movie has scarred me emotionally it was so horribly done.Oh and BTW,I don't think you mentioned it(my apologies if you did) but a zombie gets killed BY A HAIRPICK.Yes,they survive gunshots,but when it comes to those hairpicks,oh man,they're the killas!
Dick Elohssa
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 1999, 04:30:35 AM »

This is the greatest movie ever made! this is truly the goriest film ever made! this makes Bad Taste look like a kids movie! This film has the greatest acting I have ever seen! This is a true classic,Not just the best horror film but the best film period! This is breath taking,it has to be seen to believed! This is so disturbing,i may never be the same again!
ecto@centurytel.net
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 1999, 11:25:28 PM »

Uh ! This is the worst movie I have ever seen , and probably the worst ever made . A skull does'nt even do this one justice .  
The music/sound overdubbing is atrocious . real cheesy spooky moog music juxtoposed between
county/bluegrass ! Some of the zombie attacks are actual happening while country is playing in the background ! I dont know if the director was a
bluegrass fan or hater ( making mockery of country music ) . This film takes place in the deep south so the music is proper .
The ending is so stupid . This film ends when the two main characters drop from exaustion after fighting off zombies in a boat . Then the film ends . Maybe they ran out of film and had to call it quits. Who knows ? I guess stopping the film THERE is as good a place as any .
This movies must of had a 20$ budget , much of it spent for the keg of Busch beer as payment for the actors .
The camera scenes have no continuity at all.
The classic trash movie habit of filming night scenes during the day happens here as well .
There are probably 2 classic gory scenes that give
this film a morsal of merit , but thats about it . Sherif Kowalsky has some good comic release when he trys to be a bad ass and getting clumsy with his billy club . Thats all I have to write about this one .
Steve Bentley
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

This was director Fred Olen Rays first atrocity, and boy does it show...Ray sold this thing to every video distributor that would take it (and every one of them seems to have) and made a killing.   Ah, for the glory days of the early video market when even stinkers like BLOOD CULT could sell a million copies in the US and every single video store started their sci-fi or horror section with a copy of this...but, look on the bright side, if it weren't for ALIEN DEAD there would have never been a DEEP SPACE, or a THE TOMB (with a shot of the sarcophagus opening and the lighting guy kneeling right beside it!!!!)  You just gotta love Fred Olen Ray...well, I'll bet the French hail him as a genius...
Romsus
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad!  One thing you forgot to point out, though...in a scene (I forget which one exactly) where the two main characters take their rowboat ashore, you can faintly hear the director say, "And...cut" right at the end of the scene, and the two actors drop the boat and start walking off.  Bad, bad, bad, bad, bad...
Travis Hensley
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Wow! What a movie!  My boyfriend and I just saw it and man, let me tell you, it was the best datemovie that I have ever seen!  I love the cheesey efects and the horrible acting!  The movie had me jumping in to Stanley's arms more than once, though.  So, if you want you life partner to cling to you for protection, get this one!
billie joe armstrong
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2001, 07:31:24 PM »

Well i must say that the brest shots were appealing and the old man had quite a wit. Even so i must say this movie belongs right here on this site for terrible movies. Thank you whoever made this site and put this movie on it. Also This site is halarious, so keep up the good work!
Terry
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

I was in this film.  I'm the guy in the screen shot second from the left (31K).  Really.  This was filmed in a tiny town called Oviedo west of Orlando, FL.  Two of the other amatuer actors in the film was the current (at the time) chief of police and the retired chief of police of Oviedo. (they were both likeable guys, btw.)  When the 'premiere' was held I went to it hoping for something watchable. When the film was over the chief and retired chief stood around with big grins on there faces saying, "yeah, yeah, that wasn't too bad."  If I had brought a paper bag with me I would have put it over my head while I ran to my car to escape being seen in the same neighborhood with this 'film'.
dan
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2001, 10:14:08 AM »

This movie is a classic B-movie.  It maybe one of the funniest things i have ever seen.  If you want another good one, watch Wizard of Gore.
Tim W
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2002, 01:10:26 PM »

I think I noticed 2 things with this movie. When your car breaks down, the roof will catch fire along with the side. And the girl from that car gets her right hand pulled off and eaten, but then she has it in a few seconds later. Pretty bad movie, although worth the 99 cents for a week i payed.
log
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2006, 04:10:12 PM »

Ok . First things first , really really bad movie . I saw it about 2 years ago and have never forgotten it. 2nd  I want to point out that in the clip you have for download . Notice the zombie guy behind all the others . notice where he points his hand on the girl who's being "consumed" . yup he puts it right on her crotch and gives it a squeeze ! Now see the girl's reaction she smiles when he does it and trurns away from the camera . My girlfriend at the time noticed it when we saw it 2 years ago. And i just found it funny of all the scenes in the movie that this is the 1 to dl . lol good choice now go dl it and see ;)
So bad, it rocks!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »

First, I read the review for this movie and knew right away that I had to see it. The old man and that stupid deputy steal the show! Well, I attached a VCR to my computer, ripped the tape to a MPEG and burned to DVD. WOW! Such a hilariously stupid movie in full color, full screen digital video! What more can you ask for! Well, whenever you have a really bad day, feel down and depressed about life and think things could not get any worse, just go ahead, pop in this movie, laugh your azz off and everything just seems to be not so bad anymore!
:-)
Inframan
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2006, 04:09:49 PM »

Ok, I still haven't seen this one but its on my list. I did just see BIOHAZARD, by the same director. It has something to do with a psycic chick and a monster that's about as big as a 2nd grader that kills hillbilly's and hobos. Good stuff.

It was so bad that my IQ dropped as the movie ended. I can't wait to make my friends watch it.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Information Exchange  |  Reader Comments  |  The Alien Dead « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.